Playstation Plus (Vita) Page 3

• Page

of 34 First / Last

• Kangoo 21 Nov 2012 14:16:01 1,015 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    There should be an option this afternoon after they have updated the store properly.

Even Sony couldn't be that stupid to not include an option on Vita.

PSN: Adwab2

• steveb07 21 Nov 2012 19:18:46 848 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    It's on the store now !

PSN: IIIQuid

• G-VideoDie 21 Nov 2012 19:42:21 79 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Sooo...

Do I buy JSR right away on the basis that it's ace or do I hold out for it to be a PS+ IGC freebie in the next couple of months?!?
  • Kangoo 21 Nov 2012 20:41:48 1,015 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @G-VideoDie

Logic is saying wait for it, but everytime I see it on that screen I keep thinking it's only 6 and I can have it now.

PSN: Adwab2

• H1ggyLTD 21 Nov 2012 20:56:49 1,554 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Exactly why i won't be signing up^^
  • Gregolution 21 Nov 2012 21:05:11 3,164 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    HiddenAway wrote:
    Until 31st December, PSN+ subscribers get a 1 year subscription to Music Unlimited for 12. Normal price would be 120 for a year but non PSN+ subscribers get a discounted rate, albeit 60 a year.
    This seems like an insanely good deal. What's the catch!? Anyone who has it, is it good? Can you listen to streamed music via this app while you play games?

I'm hovering over buy it now. Amazed Sony is finally showering us with good deals
  • Flying_Pig 21 Nov 2012 21:17:57 10,623 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    All - both JSR and Sine Mora have trial versions, for anyone on the fence
  • HiddenAway 21 Nov 2012 23:14:16 14,847 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Gregolution I've not had that much of a play with it (combination of guests, tiredness and a long list of updates to write up) so I can't say it's the best thing ever. At least it plays in my browser.

Oh, and only the first 100,000 PSN+ subscribers worldwide will get the offer.

On Twitter: @HiddenAway1

• Slurmseh 22 Nov 2012 04:46:09 2,333 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Have I got this right?

If I subscribe to PS+ then I have Uncharted and Gravity Rush for as long as I subscribe? Or do I only have them for the month that they're on offer? The description in the store is confusing me.
  • Rose-of-Sorrow 22 Nov 2012 05:15:22 484 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    So I've decided to take the plunge and buy a Vita- just need to pick it up from Argos! With PS+ offering two of the four games I want for the system (Uncharted and Gravity Rush) for free, and the offer of a year of Music Unlimited for 12 (which I also gives me all that choice of music on the go as well as PS3/Mac) is just too good to turn down. Not to mention the free copy of LittleBigPlanet bundled with the console. Nice one Sony!
  • monkman76 22 Nov 2012 05:45:17 3,883 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Rose-of-Sorrow - unless you have no interest at all in driving games, see if they'll add NFS Most Wanted to the bundle for half price - they did for me.
  • Andee 22 Nov 2012 05:48:52 680 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Slurmseh wrote:
    Have I got this right?

If I subscribe to PS+ then I have Uncharted and Gravity Rush for as long as I subscribe? Or do I only have them for the month that they're on offer? The description in the store is confusing me.
    Yep you keep all PS+ stuff for as long as you subscribe. And get access to it again if you resubscribe after letting it lapse.
  • X201 22 Nov 2012 05:57:33 15,075 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Andee wrote:
    Slurmseh wrote:
    Have I got this right?

Yep you keep all PS+ stuff for as long as you subscribe. And get access to it again if you resubscribe after letting it lapse.
    You'll need to go through the checkout process to tie the free games to your account. You can't download stuff from previous months if you haven't put it through the checkout process. i.e. put everything through the checkout for later use.
  • Rose-of-Sorrow 22 Nov 2012 06:24:53 484 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @monkman76 I don't usually play many racers, but was going to pick up Wipeout. I did try the NFS Most Wanted demo on 360 and thought it was pretty good though- half price is pretty decent if the Vita version is relatively faithful to the 'full version.'

By the way- did they give you a boxed copy of LittleBigPlanet or was it the download code? :]

Edited by Rose-of-Sorrow at 06:25:43 22-11-2012
  • monkman76 22 Nov 2012 07:16:58 3,883 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Boxed. I'm not into LBP so I took it straight to asda and traded it for assassins creed :)
  • monkman76 22 Nov 2012 07:17:37 3,883 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Oh and so far NFS is superb.
  • H1ggyLTD 22 Nov 2012 07:29:37 1,554 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @monkman76 That was your first error.
  • jonsaan 22 Nov 2012 07:56:08 25,317 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Aaaaaaah...cloudsaving. :D although Virtua tennis, mvc, monkeyball and fifa won't do it. Is that because they all save to cart? I know VT does but didn't think the others did?
    Chronovault is alright. Although it reeks of a psp game steered into vita development. New browser seems quicker and I can access email on the Vita. Happy chappy!

FCUTA!

• monkman76 22 Nov 2012 07:57:50 3,883 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    H1ggyLTD wrote:
    @monkman76 That was your first error.
    Haha, yes possibly. AC is still in its shrinkwrap so I may yet return it and get a larger memory card for PS plus.
  • infoxicated 22 Nov 2012 08:22:12 1,070 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Gregolution wrote:
    This seems like an insanely good deal. What's the catch!? Anyone who has it, is it good? Can you listen to streamed music via this app while you play games?

I'm hovering over buy it now. Amazed Sony is finally showering us with good deals
    You can listen to offline music when you're in a game or other application. I do it all the time with Everybody's Golf because the whimsical style of music in that does my head in!

It's a great service, even if there are some quirks to it. I started having theme days to take advantage of the full range of music I now have access to. Mix tape Mondays, Electronic Tuesdays, Rock Wednesdays, Throwback Thursdays, and 80's Fridays! :D
  • Zomoniac 22 Nov 2012 10:25:13 7,750 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Is ModNation worth a fiver or should I wait a few months till it inevitably becomes a freebie?
  • Gregolution 22 Nov 2012 10:33:46 3,164 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Zomoniac wrote:
    Is ModNation worth a fiver or should I wait a few months till it inevitably becomes a freebie?
    Worth a fiver yes.

Music unlimited bought. Vita and sony continue to impress
  • harriselhoff 22 Nov 2012 17:03:38 140 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I've also taken the plunge with Music Unlimited. After a quick mess around I'm really impresses, and there's even an option to download playlists so you can play them offline.
  • infoxicated 22 Nov 2012 18:03:06 1,070 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I usually stick on a channel each morning and when something I really like comes on I'll tap the little Add icon and stick it in an appropriate playlist. I've built up several good size (>40 songs) lists this way over the last six months, all set to be available offline.

One of the quirks of it is that if you want an album to be available offline you have to add it to a playlist (I usually give it the artist - album name) then make that available offline. Would be much more usable if you could just make the album available offline and have the MU app take care of creating a playlist of the same name, but that's Sony for you - I'm amazed it works at all!

It was actually having Music Unlimited that made me get the dock for my Vita - having it sitting on my desk all day serving up a buffet of music is great. :)
  • harriselhoff 22 Nov 2012 19:25:50 140 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I've been massively impressed with the range of music available. My tester was seeing whether it had the bands Acid Bath, and Dead Boy and the Elephantmen, both fairly obscure acts from my metal days. Surprisingly they're both covered. Less surprisingly it had my 9 year old son's choice of Eye of the Tiger.

Finally I thought I'd show off to my wife. I asked her to choose any music she wanted. She plumped for Now that's what I call Xmas. So of course ther where over 100 albums with Xmas or Christmas in the title, but not the one she wanted. Bloody typical.
  • elvenscroll 22 Nov 2012 21:19:48 1,368 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Bought the music unlimited offer and I keep getting a message saying it could not activate my device.

Shit. Guess I'll email them.

Edit:

Wont work on my PS3, Vita or PC. Pissed off.

Is anyone else having problems?

Edited by elvenscroll at 21:58:02 22-11-2012

NNID/PSN - Chipworm

• harriselhoff 22 Nov 2012 22:04:27 140 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @elvenscroll

I didn't have any problems. I bought it on the PS3, and touch wood I've been able to use it without a hitch on that, the Vita and my iPhone.
  • elvenscroll 22 Nov 2012 22:21:23 1,368 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Mental. Had a hunch it might be the home hub, so switched over to my old D Link. Works fins.

Edit.

It now works on home hub too. \o/

Edited by elvenscroll at 22:41:39 22-11-2012

NNID/PSN - Chipworm

• Gregolution 22 Nov 2012 23:05:03 3,164 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Wow wow wow. This is an amazing service. Downloading whatever I want for listening tomorrow while I commute. Ui is slick as fk. I'm very drunk and happy. 12 quid is ridiculous.
  • CosmicFuzz 22 Nov 2012 23:13:15 22,917 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Another fan of the music service. I'm blasting the kill bill soundtrack from my android phone as I type this. It has a really great library, got Mumford and Sons new album for the walk to work tomorrow!

Looking for a new gaming podcast? Try Open Source! (Featuring me!)

• Page

of 34 First / Last