Playstation Plus (Vita) Page 37

  • Page

    of 39 First / Last

  • SYS64738 8 Aug 2014 11:03:05 1,662 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    The screenshots remind me of Echochrome. Which I got bored of rather quickly. It's a pretty large download relatively speaking (over 700MB or thereabouts?), so it will probably have to wait a while until its turn.

    PSN: SYS64738_UK

  • myiagros 8 Aug 2014 11:23:19 1,346 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Flying_Pig wrote:
    Played the first level of Metrico last night. It's.... Ok.
    I played the first 3 1/2 levels, and it is... OK.

    I would be disappointed if I had paid for it, but i might finish it for free (assuming it is relatively short).
  • HardlyRiding 8 Aug 2014 11:29:25 15 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 1 month ago
    @Jmog And this doesn't mess with anything?
  • cowell 8 Aug 2014 12:18:23 695 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Rather enjoying Lego Batman 2 on Vita courtesy of PS+
  • Flying_Pig 8 Aug 2014 12:25:23 11,002 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    myiagros wrote:
    Flying_Pig wrote:
    Played the first level of Metrico last night. It's.... Ok.
    I played the first 3 1/2 levels, and it is... OK.

    I would be disappointed if I had paid for it, but i might finish it for free (assuming it is relatively short).
    Yeah, I just finished level 3. Actually glad I didn't pay for it. While the concept and look of the game is really good, the implementation seems to be really lacking - too many of the puzzles are trial and error, and I'm just not finding the game that enjoyable.

    I wanted to really like this game and was encouraged by the positive reviews, but it's just a bit 'meh' for me...

    It's only 6 levels so I'll finish it, but nothing more...
  • myiagros 8 Aug 2014 12:44:30 1,346 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Flying_Pig wrote:
    myiagros wrote:
    Flying_Pig wrote:
    Played the first level of Metrico last night. It's.... Ok.
    I played the first 3 1/2 levels, and it is... OK.

    I would be disappointed if I had paid for it, but i might finish it for free (assuming it is relatively short).
    Yeah, I just finished level 3. Actually glad I didn't pay for it. While the concept and look of the game is really good, the implementation seems to be really lacking - too many of the puzzles are trial and error, and I'm just not finding the game that enjoyable.

    I wanted to really like this game and was encouraged by the positive reviews, but it's just a bit 'meh' for me...

    It's only 6 levels so I'll finish it, but nothing more...
    Agreed, the art style and concept seem to substantially better than the actual game design so far.
  • infoxicated 8 Aug 2014 22:59:34 1,127 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I feel the same. Gave up on it after a level because I just wasn't feeling it. Maybe it's the kind of game you have to be "in the mood" for, but I doubt I ever will be.

    Kind of at a loss now - I was hoping the latest crop of PSN+ titles would prop me up until Minecraft, but Proteus is a waste of time, Metrico was frustrating, couldn't get on with the locked perspective in Lego Batman, and Doki Doki Universe was just tedious.

    Quit Fez because I was already pissed off with Metrico, I think, but at this rate I might have to actually go and buy something! ;)
  • Flying_Pig 8 Aug 2014 23:04:32 11,002 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @infoxicated - if you haven't played Fez before, you should definitely persevere - it's brilliant!!
  • infoxicated 8 Aug 2014 23:07:41 1,127 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @Flying_Pig No, I haven't - I thought it was a cool concept, but after falling a couple of times I just wanted something simple to play and ended up switching to Urban Trial Freestyle to see if I could fluke the last few money bags I need to get in that.

    Think I will go back to Fez, though. :)
  • aros 9 Aug 2014 20:01:19 2,866 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    infoxicated wrote:
    I feel the same. Gave up on it after a level because I just wasn't feeling it. Maybe it's the kind of game you have to be "in the mood" for, but I doubt I ever will be.

    Kind of at a loss now - I was hoping the latest crop of PSN+ titles would prop me up until Minecraft, but Proteus is a waste of time, Metrico was frustrating, couldn't get on with the locked perspective in Lego Batman, and Doki Doki Universe was just tedious.

    Quit Fez because I was already pissed off with Metrico, I think, but at this rate I might have to actually go and buy something! ;)
    Go for TablrTopRacing, Its good fun.
  • infoxicated 9 Aug 2014 20:12:11 1,127 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I think I said before - I'd like to get it to support my old Studio Liverpool pals that worked on it, but I just never play that type of driving/racing game for long.

    I can believe it's good fun, but I like my racing games simmy, not silly. :)
  • aros 11 Aug 2014 10:02:43 2,866 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Sorry I didn't remember that conversation was with you foxy. I'm terrible with names.

    Metrico does seem more asthetically pleasing than actually fun, although I've never enjoyed many puzzle platformers and it does create some A-Ha! moments. I think it's quite short? So hopefully I'll finish it at some point.

    Got back into Walking Dead last night (played up to the end of episode 3 before) and the 'what has happened so far' was actually excellent for getting me back into it - can't believe I shelved it for so long.

    Edited by aros at 10:03:02 11-08-2014
  • TarickStonefire 11 Aug 2014 12:02:18 3,107 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    cowell wrote:
    Rather enjoying Lego Batman 2 on Vita courtesy of PS+
    I heard it was a crushing disappointment if you've ever played any Lego games ever. Is it not, then?

    What about Lego Harry Potter, that's up this month.

    Any Netflix library in the world for a couple of quid a month? Gimme!

  • PazJohnMitch 11 Aug 2014 12:13:13 8,058 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Lego HP2 Vita is another poor, poor reflection of the full retail games. It is again a DS port instead of the full version.
  • TarickStonefire 11 Aug 2014 12:15:27 3,107 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    PazJohnMitch wrote:
    Lego HP2 Vita is another poor, poor reflection of the full retail games. It is again a DS port instead of the full version.
    Are there any good Lego vita games?

    Any Netflix library in the world for a couple of quid a month? Gimme!

  • kentmonkey 11 Aug 2014 12:17:16 20,686 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    TarickStonefire wrote:
    cowell wrote:
    Rather enjoying Lego Batman 2 on Vita courtesy of PS+
    I heard it was a crushing disappointment if you've ever played any Lego games ever. Is it not, then?

    What about Lego Harry Potter, that's up this month.
    I'm really enjoying LB2. It's more like the older PS2 Lego Star Wars games than anything else, but I'm having a lot of fun eith it.
  • PazJohnMitch 11 Aug 2014 12:21:08 8,058 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    TarickStonefire wrote:
    PazJohnMitch wrote:
    Lego HP2 Vita is another poor, poor reflection of the full retail games. It is again a DS port instead of the full version.
    Are there any good Lego vita games?
    The Lord of the Rings one is the best Lego game I have played on Vita. I imagine that is also a cut down version though.
  • aros 11 Aug 2014 12:37:07 2,866 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I enjoyed Lego LOTR too, as a fan of the films.
  • infoxicated 11 Aug 2014 14:18:12 1,127 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    aros wrote:
    Sorry I didn't remember that conversation was with you foxy. I'm terrible with names.
    No worries man - I was just qualifying that in case I was repeating myself in the same thread, but it turns out I said it in the store thread. :)
  • The_Goon 13 Aug 2014 19:24:51 130 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 11 months ago
    Metrics is deathly boring. I have given up after two levels. I love platformers but I have no motivation to continue with it. The mechanics are fine but give me some semblance of a story.
  • Flying_Pig 13 Aug 2014 20:36:21 11,002 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    The_Goon wrote:
    Metrics is deathly boring. I have given up after two levels. I love platformers but I have no motivation to continue with it. The mechanics are fine but give me some semblance of a story.
    Agreed. I struggled on for 4 levels. Just not that fun, sadly.
  • PazJohnMitch 13 Aug 2014 21:32:52 8,058 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I finished Metrico but did not really think it was worth the effort.
  • aros 14 Aug 2014 09:20:13 2,866 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The_Goon wrote:
    Metrics is deathly boring. I have given up after two levels. I love platformers but I have no motivation to continue with it. The mechanics are fine but give me some semblance of a story.
    Accountant sucked inside his spreadsheets and computer... Learns that his family are more important than being a neglectful monster by the end of the game. It wouldn't even have been hard to add a story. Opening movie of him ignoring his kids to go into work.
  • Flying_Pig 26 Aug 2014 22:01:41 11,002 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    September's games should be announced tomorrow or Thursday. I wonder what we'll get?

    /wants DanganRonpa
  • PazJohnMitch 26 Aug 2014 22:22:23 8,058 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I would also be very happy with Danganronpa but think it will be Disgaea 3.
  • imamazed 26 Aug 2014 23:01:05 5,621 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Hopefully rayman legends
  • FuzzyZealot 26 Aug 2014 23:03:39 186 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 10 months ago
    Danganronpa is on sale on the US store after today's update so likely that the EU will get the same.
  • Flying_Pig 27 Aug 2014 07:32:55 11,002 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    PazJohnMitch wrote:
    I would also be very happy with Danganronpa but think it will be Disgaea 3.
    But I've already got Disgaea 3..... ;)
  • PazJohnMitch 27 Aug 2014 07:51:12 8,058 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Flying_Pig wrote:
    PazJohnMitch wrote:
    I would also be very happy with Danganronpa but think it will be Disgaea 3.
    But I've already got Disgaea 3..... ;)
    So have I. That is why I think it will be that but want Danganronpa.
  • Murbal 27 Aug 2014 08:43:25 22,223 posts
    Seen 53 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I want something I don't have, so neither of those please ;-)

    I think Disgaea 3 is a very good shout to be honest though. 2012 game, sequel due this week? Recently updated so it was available in all EU territories?

    What about another fighter though? Divekick, DOA5 or perhaps PS allstars?
  • Page

    of 39 First / Last

Log in or register to reply