Is it just me, or has this generation been going on FOREVER? Page 8

• Page

of 8 First / Last

Next
  • Armoured_Bear 13 Nov 2012 15:25:05 10,258 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    disusedgenius wrote:
    Buying launch consoles is always requires a level of crazyness, I think. Without any really big hitters at launch I can't say that I can justify splashing 300 minimum on it either, even if I was drunk at the time.

Ok, maybe if I was VERY drunk.
    I suppose that people don't do it because it makes financial sense, most launch windows are average at best.
    I guess it's the "new console" buzz that makes it seem worth it...

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• dominalien 13 Nov 2012 15:27:17 6,829 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    RobTheBuilder wrote:
    There are many kinds of fanboy trolling, but to create a fake review dissing a game that hasn't been released. That's hardcore.
    It's the least a rabid fanboy should do.

PSN: DonOsito

• megastar 13 Nov 2012 15:27:49 17,132 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    am I not right in saying that you can (or will soon be able to) do what you can do on a WiiU (basically it's entire USP) on the 360 if you have a tablet? Thats a killer right there!
  • MrSemprini 13 Nov 2012 15:29:00 9,372 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    LeoliansBro wrote:I have to admit, I've lost touch a bit with what's going on with the Wii U line up? Anything good? The zombie game was supposed to be amazing.
    Crumbs, let's hope the boy Higgins doesn't get wind of this post.
  • Psychotext 13 Nov 2012 15:49:28 53,801 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    megastar wrote:
    am I not right in saying that you can (or will soon be able to) do what you can do on a WiiU (basically it's entire USP) on the 360 if you have a tablet? Thats a killer right there!
    No, for three reasons.

1: The latency would be too high.
    2: The 360 doesn't have the power to output to the screen and to the tablet without compromising on the visuals significantly.
    3: No-one would develop those functions for it because it's not in the box by default.
  • ronuds 13 Nov 2012 15:56:46 21,788 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I think the WiiU's price is just where it should be for launch. It would look incredibly weak if it were much less, imo, yet they should have room to drop the price a little if/when they have to.
  • megastar 13 Nov 2012 16:14:19 17,132 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Psychotext wrote:
    megastar wrote:
    No, for three reasons.

1: The latency would be too high.
    2: The 360 doesn't have the power to output to the screen and to the tablet without compromising on the visuals significantly.
    3: No-one would develop those functions for it because it's not in the box by default.
    Oh, my bad - I thought that smartglass thing was going to be applicable to gaming too!

Not sure about your 3rd point though? Are you saying that in a mythical world if that functionality existed - that noone would develop for it because it's not in the box by default? Like Kinect, or Move isn't? Folk develop shit for that!
  • Psychotext 13 Nov 2012 16:17:19 53,801 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Fuck all folks develop shit for that (virtually no-one these days that isn't first party)... and besides, they're officially supported addons. Developers know exactly what sort of install base they're targeting in that case, something they wouldn't know regarding tablets (how exactly would you calculate it?).
  • megastar 13 Nov 2012 16:23:46 17,132 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Psychotext wrote:
    "how exactly would you calculate it?"
    I dunno Bruv, we sent folk to the moon in the 60's. Maybe with enough determination and the will of God on our side - we can do it?
  • ronuds 13 Nov 2012 16:28:00 21,788 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It's not going to happen.
  • megastar 13 Nov 2012 16:29:51 17,132 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    FUCK!!!!
  • megastar 13 Nov 2012 16:43:50 17,132 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    COUGH
  • ronuds 13 Nov 2012 17:01:29 21,788 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I didn't watch every second of the demonstration, but I didn't see them playing games on the tablet. Certainly not in the same way the WiiU provides.
  • lordofdeadside 13 Nov 2012 17:12:44 1,097 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    SmartGlass does stats, in game maps that kind of thing at the moment. It basically loads Halo waypoint during Halo4 and shows the world map during Forza Horizon for example.

Developers probably won't do too much with as it can't be relied upon for key gameplay due to:

- Update latency
    - Variable processing power across different devices
    - Requires live login on xbox and tablet and getting both to connect

Nice little feature though, having a game map up is nice.
  • Lamb 13 Nov 2012 17:59:14 472 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yes too long, we should have played a little thermonuclear war! :p :D

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0086567/

Good on you Kalel those are great accomplishments from your first post.
  • Page

of 8 First / Last

Next