Cross Play

• Page

of 1

Previous Next
  • chaywa 10 Nov 2012 22:14:05 7 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Have Sony confirmed how Cross Play is going to work at all? Reason I ask is that I've got All Stars and Ratchet and Clank Q Force (both Cross Buy) on Pre-Order on PS3 but am going to be out of the country for a month between mid November and Xmas so will miss the retail release dates of both titles.

I'd love to download and play them on the Vita in absence of my PS3 so my question is does the PS3 box come with a download code for the Vita on say a physical sheet of paper in the box (one which my partner could read to me over the phone), or would you have to put the PS3 disk into a PS3 to authenticate and download it via your PSN account to the Vita from there (something most likely too complex for her to grasp)?
  • HiddenAway 10 Nov 2012 22:53:19 14,930 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Short answer: I don't think anyone will know for sure until Battle Royale comes out in 2 weeks (Obviously buying on PSN should net you both versions but you'll get the full force of the RRP)

A download code would possibly be more likely as that means 2nd-hand buyers don't get the free game. If Sony really wants people to get into the whole cross-buy thing, they'd have to have some way of redeeming the cross-buy version in the software - but that just fuels the 2nd hand market when Sony/publishers are trying to fight it.

On Twitter: @HiddenAway1

• Page

of 1

Previous Next