• Page

of 2 First / Last

Next
  • Bremenacht 10 Feb 2013 15:30:27 17,843 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    MontyBrewster wrote:
    vizzini wrote:
    But if you are currently time trial lapping Brazil at sub 1:32 then I'd expect a far more upbeat impression of the game, and the speed sensation it provides.
    On the PS3 there are currently 20 people who've done a sub 1.32 :D
    :'D Oh that's brilliant.

I suppose to get the most out of the game you really need to be #1 on all the leaderboards. Anything less and you're just not doing the game justice.

Edited by Bremenacht at 15:31:05 10-02-2013
  • Deleted user 10 February 2013 15:54:53
    Bremenacht wrote:
    MontyBrewster wrote:
    vizzini wrote:
    But if you are currently time trial lapping Brazil at sub 1:32 then I'd expect a far more upbeat impression of the game, and the speed sensation it provides.
    On the PS3 there are currently 20 people who've done a sub 1.32 :D
    :'D Oh that's brilliant.

I suppose to get the most out of the game you really need to be #1 on all the leaderboards. Anything less and you're just not doing the game justice.
    No that isn't my point. Brazil is an interesting track imo, and the top time is sub 1:30, which correlates to my point about loving double dash and being 2 seconds off the world record pace. In a racing game 2 seconds is a big margin for competent gamers to aspire to.

Being #1 is less important than the competition of allowing all comers to compete for the #1 spot. Me and my mates have barely scratched the surface of this game, but are all sporadically practising in anticipation of local multiplayer gaming once every few months.
  • Bremenacht 10 Feb 2013 16:06:02 17,843 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    vizzini wrote:
    Being #1 is less important than the competition of allowing all comers to compete for the #1 spot.
    Ok - I see that. You have a interesting way with words.

Besides, anyone who loves DD cannot be too crazy in my book. Wonderful game.
  • Short-Round 15 Feb 2013 23:45:55 1,181 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I'm upgrading my opinion of this from shit to toothache, it hurts to play it but it's kind of addictive :/

Seeing as the main game was free, I paid money for the four dlc tracks, and...they're good :) India for one highlights that this game is fun if you're allowed to drive properly, sticking to your racing line and all that jazz. But, of course, the devs ruin it with the weapons, meaning you can't get into any kind of rhythm and just want to put your fist through the tv.

Such a shame. If the devs had just made a cartoon F1 game (which is buried somewhere in this) it would be great fun, and might have sold more. As it is, I would actually pay money for some dlc cheat/option to switch off weapons.

Edited by Short-Round at 03:14:01 16-02-2013
  • puddleduck 16 Feb 2013 00:41:46 1,853 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Faster gameplay, less powerups. A bit more tactics and they might well have made something quite interesting.

Is it possible to do a race where you pick which powerups are available?
  • Page

of 2 First / Last

Next