Best 10 inch Tablet?

• Page

of 4 First / Last

Previous
  • kadooosh 7 Nov 2012 19:50:14 1,520 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I'm going to buy a tablet soon (aswell as a new pc...ouch), I'm not sure what to go for. It was going to be a Galaxy Tab 2 but seems a bit low spec for the money. I know the Nexus 10 is coming out and got good specs but it doesnt look great..

Anyone got any suggestions? Is it worth waiting for xmas sales?
  • Benno 7 Nov 2012 20:10:11 10,199 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Not considering an iPad?
  • heyyo 7 Nov 2012 20:13:56 14,371 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    kadooosh wrote:
    Is it worth waiting for xmas sales?
  • Moot_Point 7 Nov 2012 20:15:34 4,474 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I do know that HMV have reduced the prices of their Ipad 2 stock (by 100) to pave the way for the IPad mini. It may be worth considering those.

================================================================================

mowgli wrote: I thought the 1 married the .2 and founded Islam?

• prawnking1980 7 Nov 2012 20:16:30 4,916 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Benno wrote:
    Not considering an iPad?
    Seems to have ruled the best Android, which probably only leaves an iThingy.

Surface doesn't seem that great, beyond that Blackberry??
  • prawnking1980 7 Nov 2012 20:16:31 4,916 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Benno wrote:
    Not considering an iPad?
    Seems to have ruled the best Android, which probably only leaves an iThingy.

Surface doesn't seem that great, beyond that Blackberry??
  • kadooosh 7 Nov 2012 20:33:18 1,520 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    nah not after an ipad. i like being able to play with the tablet without asking Apple first (oh no he didnt!)

so only really up for Android. Any suggestions?
  • Dougs 7 Nov 2012 20:51:24 69,002 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Why doesn't the Nexus 10 look great if it's got good specs and is on Android?
  • Moot_Point 7 Nov 2012 21:00:40 4,474 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @kadooosh Try This.

================================================================================

• kadooosh 7 Nov 2012 21:18:39 1,520 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Post deleted
  • Deleted user 7 November 2012 21:20:34
    You didn't need to delete that.
  • Moot_Point 7 Nov 2012 21:20:43 4,474 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    kadooosh wrote:
    Moot_Point wrote:
    @kadooosh Try This.
    ohhhh brilliant, cock.
    Well like cheeky_prawnking mentioned, you have limited yourself to what people can recommend. So it looks like the Blackberry. NEXT!

Edited by Moot_Point at 21:21:58 07-11-2012

• kadooosh 7 Nov 2012 21:44:22 1,520 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    There are alot of Android tablets, I thought id ask as I assumed on there may be people on here that use them...

In all serious, I dont know what Android tab to get. I know there are cheap ones you can, ie Archos but Galaxy and Nexus etc generally seem a better piece of kit.

For anyone in the know, I just dont know whether the galaxy tab 2 is worth 250 ish as it has expandable memory or whether to limit myself to 16 gb wiyth the nexus with the brilliant screen. Does the screen make that much diffence in terms of galaxy tab 3 and nexus 10?
  • Moot_Point 7 Nov 2012 21:48:32 4,474 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Well i wasn't being facetious when recommending google. That's how i look for info on the devices i am looking to buy.

• Moot_Point 7 Nov 2012 21:53:18 4,474 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Here. Some reviews.

• Sid-Nice 7 Nov 2012 21:54:43 15,851 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I've been taking these tablets I bought online for the past month and nothing has happened. I was promised a 10" penis in 3 weeks; don't be fooled by these 10" tablets, they don't work.

NNID Sid-Nice

• Dirtbox 7 Nov 2012 21:56:05 78,746 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    You need to go incrementally up from zero.

+1 / Like / Tweet this post

• heyyo 7 Nov 2012 22:00:44 14,371 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    kadooosh wrote:
    For anyone in the know, I just dont know whether the galaxy tab 2 is worth 250 ish as it has expandable memory or whether to limit myself to 16 gb wiyth the nexus with the brilliant screen. Does the screen make that much diffence in terms of galaxy tab 3 and nexus 10?
    16gb on the Nexus - it depends on what your intentions are, apps range from 100MB - 2G, photos, music etc

Edited by heyyo at 22:01:15 07-11-2012
  • mrpon 7 Nov 2012 22:05:06 29,388 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    T3 is my goto gadget source: http://www.t3.com/best-gadgets/tablets

Give yourself 5 or gig, you're worth it.

• neilka 7 Nov 2012 22:07:07 16,444 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago

BAAANG!!!!! EXPLOTION!!!!!

• Deleted user 7 November 2012 22:34:34
    :D
  • Dirtbox 7 Nov 2012 22:51:18 78,746 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Custard gannet.

+1 / Like / Tweet this post

• PenguinJim 8 Nov 2012 12:42:52 5,940 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I was looking at 10" tablets this week (eventually deciding against one as I couldn't think of any time I'd use it), but one that stood out was the Asus TF300 for its lovely keydock and low price. As it's six months old now, you might be able to grab one at a bargain price. It's not Super-High-Def like the Newipad or Super-Higher-Def like the Nexus 10, so at this point it would probably have to be bargain price or nothing.

If there was a similar dock for the Nexus 10, I'd be far more interested.
  • Stranded87 8 Nov 2012 14:30:42 924 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Just reviewed the Nexus 10 so I've spent a fair bit of time with it, and it's great. If you're not considering an iPad that's definitely one of the best options, beautiful screen too. Main issue imo is lack of micro SD card slot since depending on what you use it for it might fill up fast.

I'd say the Nexus 10 is substantially better than the Galaxy Tab 2, but again it depends how much storage you need.

Failing that have you considered any of the Asus Transformer tablets? There's a bunch of them and I can't say I've used any of them (other than fiddling about in a shop), but they all look pretty decent. They also have an optional keyboard dock that almost doubles the battery life.

Edited by Stranded87 at 14:32:26 08-11-2012
  • kadooosh 8 Nov 2012 22:34:06 1,520 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Stranded87 wrote:
    Just reviewed the Nexus 10 so I've spent a fair bit of time with it, and it's great. If you're not considering an iPad that's definitely one of the best options, beautiful screen too. Main issue imo is lack of micro SD card slot since depending on what you use it for it might fill up fast.

I'd say the Nexus 10 is substantially better than the Galaxy Tab 2, but again it depends how much storage you need.

Failing that have you considered any of the Asus Transformer tablets? There's a bunch of them and I can't say I've used any of them (other than fiddling about n a shop), but they all look pretty decent. They also have an optional keyboard dock that almost doubles the battery life.
    cheers. These were exact thoughts, mainly the storage. But I thought why would I need all the space, its not replacing the laptop just for web, netflix in bed, and to just be able to take around etc.

The only thing I'm wandering now though is I can get a Tab 2 for about 180 quid... is the nexus 10 worth the extra money?
  • Stranded87 9 Nov 2012 21:05:44 924 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @kadooosh At that price id say go for galaxy tab 2. Especially if it's mostly just for web browsing and netflix.

Edited by Stranded87 at 21:06:27 09-11-2012
  • kadooosh 9 Nov 2012 23:02:10 1,520 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Stranded87 wrote:
    @kadooosh At that price id say go for galaxy tab 2. Especially if it's mostly just for web browsing and netflix.
    Well..recently just started using utorrent on my phone so would use that a bit.

What else do people use tablets for?
  • Stranded87 10 Nov 2012 11:29:52 924 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @kadooosh games, reading, work, music. It doesn't sound like lack of storage will be a big problem for you if you get the Nexus 10, but at the same time it doesn't sound like you'll be in need of its power. Really the only thing you would gain from it is the brilliant screen it's got, but i'd argue that's not worth the extra money if you've found a galaxy tab 2 for 180.
  • theguy 10 Nov 2012 17:32:36 676 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Stranded87 wrote:

Failing that have you considered any of the Asus Transformer tablets? There's a bunch of them and I can't say I've used any of them (other than fiddling about in a shop), but they all look pretty decent. They also have an optional keyboard dock that almost doubles the battery life.
    I've got the transformer TF300. I'm typing on one now, but with the amount i use it and the amount of apps i have, i do notice frequent lag and it definitely isn't "buttery smooth", even on Jellybean. The transformer line of tablets by ASUS have I/O issues that still haven't been fixed. Apparently custom ROM's help but i don't want to void my warranty. I still like the tablet though.

Have you thought about the Galaxy Note 10.1? Great specs and has some really good features. It is expensive though but it certainly looks to be good.
  • theguy 10 Nov 2012 17:32:38 676 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Stranded87 wrote:

I've got the transformer TF300. I'm typing on one now, but with the amount i use it and the amount of apps i have, i do notice frequent lag and it definitely isn't "buttery smooth", even on Jellybean. The transformer line of tablets by ASUS have I/O issues that still haven't been fixed. Apparently custom ROM's help but i don't want to void my warranty. I still like the tablet though.

Have you thought about the Galaxy Note 10.1? Great specs and has some really good features. It is expensive though but it certainly looks to be good.
  • Page

of 4 First / Last

Previous