A few 360 questions

• Page

of 2 First / Last

Previous
  • UncleLou Moderator 7 Nov 2012 08:50:43 35,574 posts
    Seen 30 seconds ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Don't know if I'll buy one, so a few questions, if I may:

I'd get Forza Horizon without a doubt (main reason, actually), and I guess the other Forza game to get would be Forza 4, or is there any reason to get 3 instead? Btw., the only reason why I am still uncertain about the whole thing is that I couldn't use my Logitech wheel, and I am not ready to buy anoher one.

Project Gotham Racing, has it aged well enough, and which one should I get?

Last time I played Halo was Halo 2 years ago on the PC - I am a fan of cat and mouse battles with the AI, so which one would make sense? Reach?

Also interested in:
    - Ace Combat (the exclusive one)
    - Too Human (don't laugh, in Phattso I trust)

What else would be a must, considering I also have a PC and PS3?
  • Deleted user 7 November 2012 08:53:04
    I'd get all the Halo games, Crackdown 1 and Mass Effect 1. If you don't have the Left 4 Dead games on pc, get them too.
  • neilka 7 Nov 2012 09:00:51 15,958 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'm seeing the thread title and username combination, but I ain't believing it.

A map is like comparing velocity and speed.

• Blerk Moderator 7 Nov 2012 09:01:18 48,225 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Really, truly and honestly try the Too Human demo first, Lou! I cannot stress this enough. :)
  • UncleLou Moderator 7 Nov 2012 09:03:00 35,574 posts
    Seen 30 seconds ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @neilka Not my fault that it took MS so long to offer a decent exclusive game. :p
  • mrpon 7 Nov 2012 09:11:18 28,925 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Get another hobby.

Give yourself 5 or gig, you're worth it.

• robthehermit 7 Nov 2012 09:12:58 4,075 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Too Human was great. Very underrated in my opinion. Also it can be had for a few pounds these days, and regardless of your measure of value, there is easily a few pounds of fun to be had with it.

GT: robthehermit

Velim esset mundus iustus futuis procul et mori.

• roz123 7 Nov 2012 09:16:08 7,113 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I don't have an xbox 360 but the exclusives I lust after the most are those Trials games, I think they are coming to PC fairly soon though
  • Deleted user 7 November 2012 09:17:37
    Totally forgot about XBLA, there is loads of must have games on there.
  • SlackMaster 7 Nov 2012 09:22:46 3,134 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    You're quite lucky as there are load of older games you can pick up for next to nothing.

I'd recommend Halo: Anniversary, Halo: Reach and Halo 4. Witcher 2, Gears of War 1 and 2, Splinter Cell: Conviction (best in series IMHO). All I can think of at the moment.
  • Blerk Moderator 7 Nov 2012 09:26:08 48,225 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I'm realising how difficult it is to come up with decent 360 exclusives which didn't also make it onto the PC at some point.

I will throw in a vote for Crackdown, though. I bloody loved Crackdown!

Edited by Blerk at 09:26:39 07-11-2012
  • pauleyc 7 Nov 2012 09:28:02 4,464 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    UncleLou wrote:
    What else would be a must, considering I also have a PC and PS3?
    Nowadays there aren't that many platform exclusives left, apart from Halo or the odd XBLA gem. I'd say Crackdown (for the orb collecting), Shadow Complex, Pinball FX2 and FEZ.
  • UncleLou Moderator 7 Nov 2012 09:31:27 35,574 posts
    Seen 30 seconds ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I'll have a look at Crackdown, cheers.

Yeah, many of the suggestions I've played (Mass Effect, Gears 1, Splinter Cell, Witcher 2, etc.)

XBLA is indeed another reason. Forza aside, I never felt the need to get a 36 for "AAA" games as I am pretty covered in that regard with the PC and PS3.

Gah, really annoyed about the wheel thing. It would be a total no-brainer for Forza alone otherwise. :-/

Edited by UncleLou at 09:33:03 07-11-2012
  • robthehermit 7 Nov 2012 09:32:26 4,075 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey. If only so you can join the heated discussion in the other thread.

When you get one don't forget to pm phAge for setup instructions.

• andytheadequate 7 Nov 2012 09:54:17 8,182 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Trials HD/ evolution and shadow complex are a must.
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 7 Nov 2012 09:57:49 38,260 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Don't bother with previous Forza games if you're getting F4. They're too similar in terms of content and 4 is a big improvement.

Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• RedSparrows 7 Nov 2012 10:01:44 22,755 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Too Human is really good. Honest.

Ok, it's not really good, but I loved it.

PGR4 is fantastic. XBLA has loads of great exclusives. Halo 3/Reach/4 all offer brilliance in their own way, and ODST is wonderful in campaign - really different to the others.
  • nickthegun 7 Nov 2012 10:09:36 59,962 posts
    Seen 57 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    All of the games you mention are like 50p now so they are all worth a throw of the dice. The only thing I would say is that, wrt crackdown, I would think its aged terribly. Crackdown 2 was just more of the same and it was horribly boring. Also, you need to play co-op to get the most out of it and that might be tough with a

---------------------------------------------------------
    someone say something funny

• Steve_Perry 7 Nov 2012 10:10:39 4,274 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    ALAN WAKE.

Not really.

VIVA STEFANSEN

• Dr.Haggard 7 Nov 2012 11:42:21 4,207 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Actually Alan Wake is excellent despite not being anywhere near as good as I'd hoped, but the PC version is the one to play if you haven't already Lou.

The first Gears of War was enjoyable, I think you'd appreciate its atmosphere at least, but avoid the sequels.

Definitely pick up all the Halos from where you left off.

I think you'll like Too Human, if you can get past all its faults. I didn't have the patience to stick at it long enough, but there's a decent ARPG at its core and I wish I'd had the time to devote to it.

For the last few years my 360 has barely seen any use, dusted off primarily for ODST, Reach, Anniversary and now 4, and not much else given pretty much everything can be played on PC (or turns out to be awful, ie Gears 2/3). For me the PS3 has a slightly better assortment of exclusives that aren't released on PC, but obviously that's just down to personal taste.

Actually that reminds me I need to get around to Dragons Dogma at some point. By all accounts that really deserved a PC version :(
  • Adamical 7 Nov 2012 11:45:21 314 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    andytheadequate wrote:
    Trials HD/ evolution and shadow complex are a must.
    This.
  • Whizzo 7 Nov 2012 11:53:08 43,133 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I can't see UL buying Alan Wake. He's already got it on PC

This space left intentionally blank.

• SlackMaster 7 Nov 2012 13:22:41 3,134 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I think the problem now though is unlike last generation, it is hard to find older games new. As soon as a game leaves the chart you'll be lucky to get it anywhere new and may have to settle for second hand.

Unfortunately outlets like Game/station and CEX don't really care about the condition of the games they sell, content to put discs through polishing machines and be done with it.

The condition of many second hand games in stores in the UK is pretty poor as a result. I've even been stung on Amazon when buying a game that is posted as 'like new', which is far from it. Some sellers on ebay, amazon and play even sell games as sealed when in fact they are not, just resealed by them.

Unfortunately it isn't easy to get old games in good condition anymore.

Edited by SlackMaster at 13:23:39 07-11-2012
  • L_Franko Moderator 7 Nov 2012 13:26:50 9,694 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    SlackMaster wrote:

Unfortunately outlets like Game/station and CEX don't really care about the condition of the games they sell, content to put discs through polishing machines and be done with it.

I don't know about the others but Gamestation have always been good with second hand games. I've been going to them for years and never had a problem.
  • UncleLou Moderator 8 Nov 2012 15:23:21 35,574 posts
    Seen 30 seconds ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Oh, do fuck off, Microsoft. Now I've found a bundle I am interested in, namely the console, Skyrim DL code (don't need it), and Forza 4. Great. Except it's not Forza 4, it's the "essentials edition", which does *not* have all the cars - it's basically just disc 1 of the usually 2 discs.
  • CharlieStCloud 8 Nov 2012 20:15:02 5,202 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    UncleLou wrote:
    Oh, do fuck off, Microsoft. Now I've found a bundle I am interested in, namely the console, Skyrim DL code (don't need it), and Forza 4. Great. Except it's not Forza 4, it's the "essentials edition", which does *not* have all the cars - it's basically just disc 1 of the usually 2 discs.
    Unless you are going to go out of your way to test drive every single car, I can quite happily tell you that as a Forza fan, I think the 'essentials edition' is great ... trims the fat from a slightly bloated game.

Oh, and if you do not fancy playing Skyrim, I would gladly pay whatever you think the full game download is worth - have been meaning to get around to playing that during these long cold winter nights!
  • RobTheBuilder 8 Nov 2012 20:18:17 6,521 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @UncleLou PGR 4 has aged but should be cheap.
    Definitely get Crackdown 1 (not 2).

If you haven't played Bayonetta get that, even if you have on PS3 the 360 version performs much better.
  • robthehermit 8 Nov 2012 21:31:45 4,075 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @UncleLou

Why the bundle? If you don't want Skyrim, why not just get a 250gb Xbox for 160 and Forza 4 for 18?

• FuzzyDuck 14 Nov 2012 15:23:25 4,143 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @UncleLou

Did you take the plunge on that bundle? I've been thinking about it myself, but also a bit put off by the 'Essentials Edition' (and that i have no desire to play Skyrim).
  • Page

of 2 First / Last

Previous