Star Wars Episode 7 Page 27

• Page

of 86 First / Last

• Deleted user 28 November 2012 17:43:42
    His turn as an IT guru in Firewall was nothing short of hilarious miscasting.
  • disusedgenius 28 Nov 2012 17:44:33 5,230 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    None of his big films have been in genres which tend to win major awards either. It's all sci-fi, adventure or action films, really.
  • kalel 28 Nov 2012 17:46:47 86,427 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    disusedgenius wrote:
    None of his big films have been in genres which tend to win major awards either. It's all sci-fi, adventure or action films, really.
    Are you suggesting he was choosing those roles over ones more likely to get him awards? Somehow I doubt it.
  • oceanmotion 28 Nov 2012 17:46:55 15,677 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Nah, he is just one of those actors who is not bad or great, gets the job done with some charm. The good roles just dried up and he did some bad films but you can see he was trying to do different ones at least, I imagine he has a hefty pay check which doesn't help.

I thought he was good in What Lies Beneath and more recently Morning Glory. Still watchable as ever.
  • kalel 28 Nov 2012 17:48:00 86,427 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Also Tommy Lee Jones got an Oscar for the Fugitive. Talk about a snub for Harrison who wasn't even nominated.
  • Deckard1 28 Nov 2012 17:49:55 27,268 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    He had masses of screen presence when he was younger but he's been shit for a good while now. Doesn't help that he's clearly a cunt in real life.
  • disusedgenius 28 Nov 2012 17:52:16 5,230 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    Are you suggesting he was choosing those roles over ones more likely to get him awards? Somehow I doubt it.
    Eh? No, I mean that he could have played the shit out of most of the roles and it wouldn't have made him win any awards. On the face of it he seems more concerned with the money than the glamour.
  • oceanmotion 28 Nov 2012 17:53:32 15,677 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    He got nominated for Witness.

Ford has said it before, it's just a job to him but there is times when he does care about the character. He wouldn't have got far if he didn't.

Edited by oceanmotion at 17:55:24 28-11-2012
  • StarchildHypocrethes 28 Nov 2012 17:53:40 25,430 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I have huge amounts of man love for Harrison Ford. The fact he's also a grumpy cunt just makes the attraction stronger.
  • nickthegun 28 Nov 2012 17:56:28 58,934 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    meme wrote:
    I was staring at that last one for a while thinking "is that supposed to be Indy 5?"

Then I realised I'd actually managed to wipe Cowboys and Aliens entirely from memory. I've seen the entire thing through and only remember that Bond had something stuck to his arm for most of it.
    That's a weird one. It's a shit film but he's pretty good in it, same with bond.

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• kalel 28 Nov 2012 17:59:46 86,427 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    disusedgenius wrote:
    kalel wrote:
    Eh? No, I mean that he could have played the shit out of most of the roles and it wouldn't have made him win any awards.
    I don't think that's necessary true. Again, the Fugitive was well recognosed at the Oscars but he didn't get nominated. Regarding Henry was also Oscar bait that got ignored (he went full retard, never go full retard).

I think he could have been more. Some decisions and pissing off the wrong people limited him.
  • Blakester 28 Nov 2012 18:05:22 3,580 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    disusedgenius wrote:
    Gambit1977 wrote:
    Still think Alfonso Cuaron should have had a crack at the whip.
    He's already got a big VFX-heavy sci-fi film coming out soon, so he's already having a crack at that genre.
    Really? I thought that was Del Toro with Pacific Rim?

Cuaron or Del Toro were my top picks. Just have a look at the Troll market scene in Hellboy 2 to see what magic the latter can work with creature effects.

When you can't see the angles on the wall you're in trouble.

• disusedgenius 28 Nov 2012 18:06:12 5,230 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    I don't think that's necessary true. Again, the Fugitive was well recognosed at the Oscars but he didn't get nominated.
    Tough kind of film to win a Lead Actor nomination though, not to mention the guy's no Tommy Lee Jones. I guess at the end of the day I just don't think he had it in him to be that level of actor.

Regarding Henry was also Oscar bait that got ignored (he went full retard, never go full retard).
    hehe. Completely forgot that one existed. Fair enough.
  • disusedgenius 28 Nov 2012 18:07:47 5,230 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Blakester wrote:
    Really? I thought that was Del Toro with Pacific Rim?
    It's a film called Gravity (based on a book, I believe). From what I know from people working on it it should be quite the spectacle.
  • Deleted user 28 November 2012 18:07:47
    Tommy Lee Jones wasn't even acting in The Fugitive. They just paid him a million dollars to hunt down Harrison Ford and then followed him around with a camera.
  • Deleted user 28 November 2012 18:09:05
    (possible heresy incoming) - I actually preferred US Marshals to The Fugitive, despite it being basically a remake.
  • tombo 28 Nov 2012 18:27:02 2,095 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    meme wrote:
    Tommy Lee Jones wasn't even acting in The Fugitive. They just paid him a million dollars to hunt down Harrison Ford and then followed him around with a camera.
    lol
  • fletch7100 28 Nov 2012 19:37:45 6,999 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Latest rumour from Hollywood reporter website

Sources tell THR that Lawrence Kasdan and Simon Kinberg will write separate projects, not necessarily "Episode 8" and "Episode 9" -- a plan similar to Marvel's movies around "The Avengers."

insiders tell THR that while Kasdan and Kinberg indeed have been hired to work on the Star Wars franchise, they will be writing separate projects (hence the reason why they also would receive producer credits), not necessarily Episode VIII and Episode IX.

Their scripts could turn into official “Episodes” in the main Skywalker storyline, or they could form the basis for spinoffs focusing on side characters. Disney CEO Robert Iger said the goal is to release a Star Wars movie “every two to three years,” and some could focus on other pieces of the expansive mythos (similar to Marvel’s Avengers universe). Disney and Lucasfilm declined comment.
  • bad09 11 Jan 2013 19:20:48 5,646 posts
    Seen 57 seconds ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    With a new round of Star Wars movies heading our way it looks like the TV show might possibly finally happen now to.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/01/11/abc-will-consider-reviving-live-action-star-wars-series

I was always keen to see some live action telly in the SW universe (as long as it wasn't prequel turdness of course). Would be nice if it happened.
  • oceanmotion 14 Jan 2013 22:19:46 15,677 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    http://www.vulture.com/2013/01/zack-snyder-preps-non-trilogy-star-wars-film.html
  • GuiltySpark 14 Jan 2013 22:24:10 6,325 posts
    Seen 51 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Not sure about Zack Snyder, his films always lack, well, anything. They're very superficial, he may nail the visual but getting us to give a shit is another matter entirely.

Then again, that sounds like the prequels all over.

Get bent.

• ecureuil 15 Jan 2013 01:15:00 76,540 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Well there's the slow-mo..

His films aren't awful, I find them perfectly watchable but never memorable.
  • ecureuil 15 Jan 2013 05:41:55 76,540 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    oceanmotion wrote:
    http://www.vulture.com/2013/01/zack-snyder-preps-non-trilogy-star-wars-film.html
    Or not..
  • twelveways 15 Jan 2013 07:26:34 3,874 posts
    Seen 46 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I wanna see some prequelly stuff with Solo and Chewie and Lando ripping off the Hutts. I would also love some Sith Lords and Old Republic stuff. Not really interested in the Skywalker dynasty tbh.
  • bad09 15 Jan 2013 11:59:01 5,646 posts
    Seen 57 seconds ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I don't care what they do as long as it has X-Wings and TIE Fighters and big stompy walking vehicles. Gotta tone down the jedi shit to, prequels completely killed the Jedi and it was always the flakey side of Star Wars anyway.

Nothing beats a good blaster by your side....
  • byron_hinson 24 Jan 2013 21:51:13 1,509 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    JJ Abrams directing it seems now juding from numerous sites and twitter
  • oceanmotion 24 Jan 2013 21:58:29 15,677 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Just to get it over with.

Lightsaber lens flare.
  • DUFFKING 24 Jan 2013 22:02:19 7,111 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    byron_hinson wrote:
    JJ Abrams directing it seems now juding from numerous sites and twitter
    I'm fine with that.

I know some people weren't happy with Star Trek, but his style will fit Star Wars nicely. He can mix the funny and the serious pretty well, unlike Lucas with Episode III and one scene having Anakin brutally murder a captive immediately followed by R2D2 slapstick.
  • ronuds 24 Jan 2013 22:05:04 21,788 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Just so long as it isn't Michael Bay.
  • Deleted user 24 January 2013 22:07:09
    JJ Abrams seems really really unlikely. I don't think they'd have one person handling Star Wars -and- Star Trek simultaneously. The universe would explode.
  • Page

of 86 First / Last