Star Wars Episode 7 Page 45

• Page

of 88 First / Last

• ronuds 15 Mar 2013 17:41:12 21,788 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    According to Star Wars wiki, Maul's not an apprentice:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Darth_Maul

Though well trained in the ways of the Sith, Maul was technically a Sith Lord in violation of the Rule of Two because his own Master was at the time apprenticed to another, the Muun Sith Lord Darth Plagueis. However, he was kept as a Sith assassin and thus technically wasn't an actual Sith apprentice, and in addition, Plagueis had discontinued the Rule of Two by the time he trained Sidious.
    Fascinating!
  • Deleted user 15 March 2013 17:42:47
    nickthegun wrote:
    Technically, he had a -10 height advantage as he was down a massive fucking hole.
  • ecureuil 15 Mar 2013 17:42:50 76,874 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The Star Wars wikia is amazing.

Check out the entry on Luke Skywalker. Let me know when you've read it all.
  • ronuds 15 Mar 2013 17:46:31 21,788 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    That video is hilarious!
  • oceanmotion 15 Mar 2013 17:47:41 15,970 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Isn't the Darkside stupid with only two of them, Master and Apprentice who is going to stab you in the back everytime.

I wonder if they are going to retcon things like that and cholrines. They might as well just replace mostly everything stupid.

Hope he puts a Han shot first moment in the film. Would be quite amusing and a cool nod that things will be different. Old Han be damned.
  • Deleted user 15 March 2013 17:47:42
    nickthegun wrote:
    vizzini wrote:
    Darth Maul is still an apprentice learning his trade, just like ObiWan.
    And you know this how?

[because in the expanded universe ipso facto cogito ergo sum]

Invalid argument. If its not in the film, it means nothing.
    Wrong. Forget the expanded universe. It is in the film more than once. When Maul gets introduced to the Trade federation leaders on holographic conference call he is referred to as apprentice by Darth Sidious. At the funeral pyre Yoda and Mace discuss “Always two. An apprentice and a master, no more, no less.” pans to Emperor Palpatine re-introducing himself to Anakin trying to lay foundations to recruit him as new apprentice.
  • Deleted user 15 March 2013 17:52:58
    I think it was the "learning his trade" thing he took issue with, not the arbitrary label of apprentice.
  • creepylizard 15 Mar 2013 17:56:56 786 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Hang on. Is somebody on here defending The Phantom Menace?
    Surely not
  • javvyman 15 Mar 2013 18:02:33 709 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    oceanmotion wrote:
    Isn't the Darkside stupid with only two of them, Master and Apprentice who is going to stab you in the back everytime.

I wonder if they are going to retcon things like that and cholrines. They might as well just replace mostly everything stupid.

Hope he puts a Han shot first moment in the film. Would be quite amusing and a cool nod that things will be different. Old Han be damned.
    Was thinking about this the other day, would be cool if Greedo's son or something confronted Han after years of torment, then Han just shot him in cold blood....

Now I think about it though, that would be more suited to a bit on Family Guy.
  • Deleted user 15 March 2013 18:03:05
    meme wrote:
    I think it was the "learning his trade" thing he took issue with, not the arbitrary label of apprentice.
    Throughout the film it illustrates how far advanced ObiWan was as an apprentice, and how average Qui-Gon was in comparison as his master. ObiWan detects the problem at the opening meeting when Qui-Gon says he can't sense it. Qui-Gon later tells the council ObiWan is ready for the Jedi trials, “he can learn no more about the living force from me”. As an apprentice he was just more powerful than Darth Maul, and maybe even Qui-Gon in some areas.
  • nickthegun 15 Mar 2013 18:11:21 60,145 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Like Darth Saruman could fire lightning out of his fingertips as an apprentice or like how vader ruled the galaxy as an apprentice? It was quite well established that Sith jnrs are pretty hardcore already.

As for Qui-Gon Jin, despite him actually being a complete fuckwit in the entire movie, its quite well established that he was a well respected Jedi and that he discovered how to be a ghost, rather than the all powerful yoda, so in universe he was actually nothing like you are saying.

---------------------------------------------------------
    someone say something funny

• Deleted user 15 March 2013 18:17:51
    @nickthegun

Your film comprehension level seems like that of a 10year old, go watch them again and pay attention. I'm bored with referencing just the films to show you your mistakes.

This was a relative time of peace where the use of the force hadn't been needed extensively for a long time.
  • Deleted user 15 March 2013 18:21:01
    This clearly explains why Maul basically kicked both their arses for the entire duration of the fight, losing in an incredibly stupid way only because he ultimately had to for the sake of the narrative.

Actually, dying in incredibly stupid ways seems to be fairly canon for the SW films anyway. Both Jango and Boba die because they're spastics, Mace Winduu because he takes fucking forever to do anything, and that chesty wheezy droidy mcgoo because he has a large flashing weakpoint.
  • Deleted user 15 March 2013 18:24:44
    meme wrote:
    This clearly explains why Maul basically kicked both their arses for the entire duration of the fight, losing in an incredibly stupid way only because he ultimately had to for the sake of the narrative.

Actually, dying in incredibly stupid ways seems to be fairly canon for the SW films anyway. Both Jango and Boba die because they're spastics, Mace Winduu because he takes fucking forever to do anything, and that chesty wheezy droidy mcgoo because he has a large flashing weakpoint.
    Or they are U/PG rated family films designed to be enjoyed by more than EG forum's sad inhabitants that have become sad and bitter about star wars over the years.

Edited by vizzini at 18:25:03 15-03-2013
  • Inertia 15 Mar 2013 18:25:10 677 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    And the Death Star was powered by a Cell processor. Obviously an older version than the PS3 as it was set back in the past. But it could channel a blu-ray laser to wipe out a planet. Not bad for old tech.
  • Deleted user 15 March 2013 18:25:40
    And yet, here we are, using Sudoku logic to explain why Obi Wan is better than Darth Maul.
  • stephenb 15 Mar 2013 18:30:31 2,742 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I would expect us to be getting back to the tragedy of the original in episode VII. Surely Han, Luke or Leia are for the chop in the first hour. Possibly sacrificing themselves for there offspring.

PSN : v--WEDGE--v

• nickthegun 15 Mar 2013 18:55:19 60,145 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    vizzini wrote:
    @nickthegun

Your film comprehension level seems like that of a 10year old, go watch them again and pay attention. I'm bored with referencing just the films to show you your mistakes.

This was a relative time of peace where the use of the force hadn't been needed extensively for a long time.
    Yeah, youre right except for that they had an enormous temple with hundreds of students and practitioners and trained literally religiously in the usage of the force, becoming, essentially the space police of the galaxy and one of the things that led to their downfall.

Except for things like that.

You have the film comprehension of, well you. That is to say 'someone who is completely insane'.

---------------------------------------------------------
    someone say something funny

• Bremenacht 15 Mar 2013 19:01:54 18,459 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    vizzini wrote:
    meme wrote:
    Throughout the film it illustrates how far advanced ObiWan was as an apprentice, and how average Qui-Gon was in comparison as his master. ObiWan detects the problem at the opening meeting when Qui-Gon says he can't sense it. Qui-Gon later tells the council ObiWan is ready for the Jedi trials, “he can learn no more about the living force from me”. As an apprentice he was just more powerful than Darth Maul, and maybe even Qui-Gon in some areas.
    You are remarkable. You see things that no-one else can see. How do you do it?

PS. The only good light-sabre fight was the 5 or 10 second dust off between Darth Maul and Neeson in the desert.
  • Stickman 15 Mar 2013 19:15:11 29,666 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Bobs Fett didn't die!

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

• Stickman 15 Mar 2013 19:15:30 29,666 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Bobs.

That's just a thing we have.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

• Deleted user 15 March 2013 19:21:36
    He still left the films in the stupidest way ever. Blind Solo flails like a spastic and spangs his jetpack into the sarlaac.

A HERO'S EXIT
  • oceanmotion 15 Mar 2013 19:23:00 15,970 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    You could at least say Maul was arrogant which added to his downfall at that moment
  • Stickman 15 Mar 2013 19:30:55 29,666 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    meme wrote:
    He still left the films in the stupidest way ever. Blind Solo flails like a spastic and spangs his jetpack into the sarlaac.

A HERO'S EXIT
    Just showing his lighter side. The whole reason he wanted Solo in the first place was because they'd been practicing a Three Stooges tribute act for Jabba's spawnday. Luke was meant to be Curly but the whole hand thing...

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

• Load_2.0 15 Mar 2013 21:37:43 19,354 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    :D
  • KPTROCKS2 15 Mar 2013 22:09:37 4 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    This has to be vizzini's biggest train wreck like string of comments ever!
  • Gambit1977 15 Mar 2013 22:16:02 9,792 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Bremenacht the light sabre battle at the end of TPM was a lot better at the cinema before it got totally hacked to bits for DVD. Obi Won for instance was almost egging Darth Maul on behind those shields getting really pumped and it was quite intense. Why the fuck they cut it ill never know. It was a decent bit in a completely crap snoozeathon.
  • Gambit1977 15 Mar 2013 22:18:05 9,792 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Anyone else remember the old marvel ROTJ comic? The one with Power Pack in the back pages?

Boba Fett came back out of the sarlaac pit in that!
  • Bremenacht 15 Mar 2013 22:47:24 18,459 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    They cut that out?! Good grief. Seems that anything that resembles real emotion disgusts Lucas. Is he a scientologist?
  • Deleted user 15 March 2013 23:26:04
    I'm pretty sure it was still in the US DVD versions and UK DVD version I replaced those with. And I'm sure I've seen it since again in my Blu-ray copies. Although him getting aggressive was actual to signify his lacking control and being influenced by Maul and the dark side of the force. By contrast the weaker but experienced Qui-Gon meditates “to let the force flow through him” prior to battle like Yoda's training words to Skywalker in Empire. Even meditating Qui-Gon was more Keystone Kop than lethal weapon, completely out of his depth.
  • Page

of 88 First / Last