'Tales of...' on the Vita Page 4

• Page

of 5 First / Last

• santashi 8 Apr 2013 22:12:22 5,091 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I've been ordering from AmiAmi for quite a few years now. They do have good service and frequently the best prices. They always mark the exact value in yen on their packages, though, and put them as merchandise, so there's always the possibility of charges. I always go with SAL from AmiAmi: it's cheap, less likely to get hit by customs, and can be faster than you think (my last order came in a week). :)

Oh no, my CDJapan order hasn't been lost. They're really good. I'd rather order any games I'm importing from them. They also mark orders as a gift, which is nice.

And those prices on the Amazon links are crazy! :o

PSN ID: finn1
    3DS: 3497-0005-6756

• Ror1984 8 Apr 2013 23:28:19 3,061 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Ah ok, well if I ever order anything else from there, I'll know to just stick with SAL, cheers. I'm not in any specific hurry for the figure to arrive, but five weeks just sounded a bit too long a wait.

I'll keep that in mind; CDJapan are another store I've looked at for a while but never ordered from.

They are! I'm not even slightly tempted...

I'm really not.

FFXIV: ARR - Khroma Midgard, Odin.

• Ror1984 9 Apr 2013 19:14:22 3,061 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Wow, they tried to deliver it today! It was only dispatched on Friday! I'll have to pick it up from the sorting office tomorrow.

I should also stop derailing this thread now :D

• Zackv4861 9 Apr 2013 19:37:01 1,084 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Yes!!!!! Finally folders will be able to be made on Vita's home screen with update v2.10

Edited by Zackv4861 at 19:37:34 09-04-2013
  • Ror1984 9 Apr 2013 19:38:20 3,061 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Zackv4861 Yeah, saw that in the main Vita thread earlier :) I'm happy - I'm running out of space!

• Zackv4861 9 Apr 2013 19:39:17 1,084 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Sorry wrong thread i clicked on. My mistake. Still good news though. Lol
  • Ror1984 9 Apr 2013 19:58:53 3,061 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I wouldn't worry, I'd already derailed the thread :p

• santashi 9 Apr 2013 20:55:02 5,091 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    It could be on topic. You could have a folder for (all two of) your Tales games. :p

Nah, I've never had anything take that long to arrive with SAL. I think the longest was maybe three weeks and that was just because of customs. It can be less than a week. Airmail is generally even snippier. It's quite amazing how quickly you can get something from a far off country. :)

My CDJapan order arrived today as well so it must be the day for international deliveries. ;) I do hope you like your figure. Please derail the thread with your thoughts. :p

• Ror1984 9 Apr 2013 21:14:35 3,061 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I suppose I could make it more convincing and say I could have a folder for Japanese RPGs, but then that'd be most of my content in one folder...

I'll definitely use SAL next time and save a bit of money. I just checked the tracking # out of interest and it was actually sent on Thurs. I'm amused that it took two days to travel from Japan to the UK, and it had been in the UK three days before they tried to deliver it to me :D

That's good news, it must be indeed :D Haha, I'm sure I will when I get my mitts on it tomorrow!

• Zackv4861 9 Apr 2013 22:29:04 1,084 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I'll feel less like a nob now. Thanks guys. A Tales folder that's what i meant.lol
  • Ror1984 10 Apr 2013 17:39:11 3,061 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Hooray!

And no charges!

@Zackv4861 First we need those Tales of games before we need the folder :p

• santashi 11 Apr 2013 20:10:57 5,091 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Hurrah! I hope you're pleased with her. I think she's a good quality figure despite the whole hair angst thing that was going on. :) Are you tempted to end up with a second Milla figure from the ToX Collector's Edition? ;)

At the moment my Tales of icons are in my 'Physical' folder, along with my other on-card games. Given my PSP games are also in a separate folder, my RPG folder looks a tad empty with just two games in it. :p

• Ror1984 11 Apr 2013 20:33:32 3,061 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I am! I took this pic earlier for my blog post about the Xillia CE. I think I will content myself with the Day One Ed now I have this figure. The main draw for me is actually the expanded art book. I'm a sucker for an art book. The hair actually looks really good on the figure! It looks a little messy in some of the screens and videos I've seen from the game though!

This is the problem, and the reason why I haven't used any folders yet - I'd probably set up folders for separate series, but then some of my screen layouts would be ruined!

Edited by Ror1984 at 20:33:46 11-04-2013

• santashi 11 Apr 2013 20:39:41 5,091 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    She's a classy lady. :p The main thing people were freaking out about was her hair colour and translucency, which went through some changes in the prototype figures.

I'm also a sucker for an art book, which makes me want the CE. I do recommend the anniversary Visual of Tales (which I feel should be Tales of Visual) artbook, by the way, if you don't already have it.

• Ror1984 11 Apr 2013 20:55:38 3,061 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Really? That sounds rather involved!

I don't have it, but I really shouldn't spend any more right now. Though my birthday is coming up...

Perhaps I'll look into it afterall :D

• santashi 11 Apr 2013 21:07:08 5,091 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Haha, myfigurecollection.net is the place to go to watch people having seriously involved discussions about figures.

I did have a nosy on the website and it said that they don't charge your card until it's ready to be shipped, which makes me think I can scrape the money together by August... Maybe I'll go commission crazy. ;)

More on topic, I guess that was the special announcement then. At least they said that they had no plans for the Vita games in advance, and didn't get our hopes up too much.

• Ror1984 11 Apr 2013 23:08:01 3,061 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I fear if I click that link, the rest of my night will disappear...

Yeah, I am tempted, seeing as it's an actual, proper, honest-to-goodness Tales of special edition. I almost feel obligated. I'm trying to talk myself out of it.

Oh yeah! I'd completely forgotten that we were expecting an announcement! As I said on the previous page, my memory is like a sieve!

EDIT - I just found this on Amazon UK. There's one for the same total price I paid, but look at the 'used' tab :|

Edited by Ror1984 at 23:16:21 11-04-2013

• santashi 29 Apr 2013 09:36:52 5,091 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I just noticed that on 21st April on the Tales Facebook page, they said that there is more to come in this Tales filled year. Since they gave Vesperia PS3 a definite no and there are 'no plans' for the Vita games... I have no idea.

Maybe they're going to bring out Xillia 2 at the end of the year? Or something new that has speedy localisation? I'm assuming the inclusion of Vesperia characters in Project X Zone doesn't count since it was already announced.

And sorry Ror1984, I completely missed your reply there! That used price must be an accident, surely? :p And have you seen the Estelle figure? She looks far, far nicer than I anticipated.

• JinTypeNoir 30 Apr 2013 13:42:58 4,371 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    They're probably just referring to announcements that will be made at the Tales Festival, which is always around June, I think. It could be a really fast localization, but I'm guessing they mean just new announcements period, whether they come out this year or not. It's a good sign that they continue to be proactive about localizing them though.
  • santashi 30 Apr 2013 13:49:29 5,091 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Yeah, it could just be announcements, but the phrasing that the European branch keep using make it sound like we're getting something tangible this year. Either way, more Tales, so yay.

• Ror1984 30 Apr 2013 18:06:40 3,061 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @santashi Funnily enough, I was going to mention the Estelle figure to you, but it slipped my mind :p I added it to my watch list yesterday, I MUST HAVE IT. If you don't mind me asking, how do pre-orders work on there (assuming you've placed one before?) - do they take the money when they process and send out the order? I don't want to miss out again!

Xillia 2 would be nice, and that seems like the obvious choice, but I'm always holding out in vain hope that they'll announce a Symphonia port and I can finally play it. I have a friend on the trail of a copy, but it's not 100%.

• santashi 30 Apr 2013 18:39:47 5,091 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @Ror1984 Symphonia's my favourite Tales game (Zelos!) so I'd be all for an enhanced port, especially with a pretty graphical overhaul. (Don't hate me because I'm beautiful.)

As for preorders on AmiAmi, you just go through the order process and when they get the item they'll send you a full invoice by email. You just follow the link (or go via your account) and complete the payment process as normal. I always pay by Paypal - it might be different if you use a card. The only thing is that you're not officially allowed to cancel an order, and you have to pay within a week (two if you're being cheeky) of the invoice coming, so make sure you'll have enough spare money around the release date (and you're not on holiday!).

The Estelle One Coin figure was nice enough but this scale one is just beautiful. I seriously didn't think it would look that good. :p I also want Raven... My Jude figure is on the way to join my Tales flock, anyway. :)

• Ror1984 30 Apr 2013 18:58:14 3,061 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @santashi Apparently a friend of a friend knows a guy (I know how this sounds...) who owns a shop and supposedly hoards (brand-new, factory sealed) old games. This friend of a friend is going to see if he has any copies of Symphonia.

It all sounds rather outlandish, so I'm not expecting anything :p

Ah right, I think I've read that before, it rings a bell (get it?! I am ashamed). Thanks for the info, I think I'll throw a pre-order down then, just to be on the safe side! It really does look fantastic. [EDIT - pre-order done!]

That's good :) I also want Raven.

Edited by Ror1984 at 19:16:17 30-04-2013

• santashi 30 Apr 2013 19:50:26 5,091 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @Ror1984 Let me know how it goes with the mysterious den of games.

Heh, I haven't actually preordered Estelle yet. When it's that far off I start wondering where I'll actually be when it's released (especially given the delays the Tales figures seem to end up with!). :p I should probably just do it...

A terrible joke but it means I have to go and listen to the song now, which is never a bad thing. ;)

Raven has to be one of the best 'older guy' characters in the the Tales games.

• Ror1984 30 Apr 2013 20:02:32 3,061 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I will. To be honest, I fear this den does not exist, but hey, if it does that's a hell of a Brucie.

I know I'll be away late-August, but it says late-September on the item page, so I should be ok. I highly doubt I'll be going on two holidays within a month of each other :p As nice as that might be.

The thing is, it was mostly unintentional - I just typed "it rings a bell", noticed what I'd written, and felt it was too good to waste. I listen to it every now and then, too, I can't help myself. Might have to give it an airing now ;) Oh, and I finally started Graces f this week!

Raven's great (though I don't like his Captain Schwann emover).

• santashi 30 Apr 2013 21:47:50 5,091 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @Ror1984 If it doesn't get pushed back I'll be shocked. :p It's more not knowing if I'll be in work/where I'll be, etc, but I think I'll just go ahead and preorder regardless. I'm sure it'll be fine!

I hope you enjoy Graces. After listening to Bonnie Pink I'm now going to go and Youtube the Graces theme since you've made me think of that now. ;) I don't think the Graces theme ever got a digital release, did it?

• Ror1984 30 Apr 2013 22:43:25 3,061 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @santashi I guess I'll put some money aside for it soon then, in case it does get pushed back. Not for a month or two though; next month is MCM and Final Symphony, so I need to be able to spend ridiculous sums of money on things I don't need.

I'm really enjoying it so far - I just met Pascal and went through the Wallbridge Ruins, so I'm not that far in. SO. MANY. TITLES.
    I didn't really know what to expect, seeing as the other two Tales of games I've played have both been Team Symphonia titles, but it's definitely a Tales of game!

I have no idea, I'm afraid! I've just downloaded a handful of tracks from a youtube app on my phone and listen to them on that.

• Ror1984 13 May 2013 13:54:38 3,061 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Ror1984 wrote:
    Xillia 2 would be nice, and that seems like the obvious choice, but I'm always holding out in vain hope that they'll announce a Symphonia port and I can finally play it. I have a friend on the trail of a copy, but it's not 100%.
    Could my hopes be about to come true??

• Ror1984 1 Jun 2013 13:05:23 3,061 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    It's happening!

• Humperfunk 1 Jun 2013 13:21:10 2,091 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Oh fucking hell yes!

PSN & NNID: Wedjwants