Here is a very good article talking about the situation in Greece with Golden Dawn|
At first when I heard about this, I thought little of it, in fact I kind of expected it. But as the news comes out each week, this party seems to grow more and more powerful. It is certainly not longer a party on the outskirts of Greek politics, this is an immensely popular far-right extremist movement.
I see a few parallels between this and Germany circa 1920:
- Awful financial situation (they believe) imposed by other nations
- Incredibly diverse parties getting more and more popular (communists, anarchists, fascists)
- Current government viewed as stale and not fixing the problem
- Gangs of men impervious to the police patrolling the street destroying those who they deem to be not of their nationality
- Angry people looking to support absolutely anyone who can get them out of their predicament
What do you think? Could we realistically see a Fascist Greece?
Formerly TheStylishHobo and Geesh.