DOTA 2 Page 33

• Page

of 60 First / Last

• MrTomFTW Moderator 18 Jan 2014 21:39:12 38,254 posts
    Seen 13 seconds ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Oh God, this game makes me feel like I suck sooooo much.

I mean, I do suck at it. But it doesn't hold back in letting me know :(

Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• MrTomFTW Moderator 20 Jan 2014 20:08:53 38,254 posts
    Seen 13 seconds ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Anyone want to play Dota with me? No-one will play with me any more and playing with randoms is like punching yourself in the dick. :(

• RedSparrows 20 Jan 2014 20:48:09 22,752 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I will Tom, of course.

I've not played for yonks, mind.

P.S. I don't know or play with 95% of the 'EG' clan.
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 20 Jan 2014 21:02:10 38,254 posts
    Seen 13 seconds ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    \o/

It's a bit late for me now tonight, but feel free to nudge me any evening.

• DamoVotf 21 Jan 2014 09:59:05 547 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Tom I'm always happy to play with you and anyone else, but we just got to be careful with the teams sometimes, if we get one of you into a team with me / Pigeon / Tarqs / Hooker we drag the game into pretty high brackets. Where the margin for error is pretty small (well by my standards), not that I dont think you can manage it just makes it more difficult for everyone.

So i think we make sure we dont go ranked with people until they feel comfortable taking more roles. Also if you see people come on line just ask if they want a game, Im always pretty much going to play games as soon as I come on and dont have a huge amount of time to hang about, so if you see me come in ask me. That goes for Red and anyone else, I am pretty approachable (Im not Pigeon after all).

Also I worry about you guys getting pigeon holed (pun intended) into certain roles you might find boring, when I play solo I generally random and play roles I dont normally play, where as with our team we generally fall into roles:

Me - Mid / Off / Jungle
    Pigeon - Mid / Off / Carry / Jungle
    Tarqs - Carry / Off
    Hooky and Preach - Support / Carry

And this is what we are currently practicing on improving, we had a great game last night:

What_a_clockwerk

I wanna watch the replay of this game again, there is a fight in the mid where I did 3 seperate hooks and got 3 kills. I should definitely turn pro.
  • DamoVotf 21 Jan 2014 10:17:08 547 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    They should make it so you can watch any game from a browser, as long as not in a tournament.
  • RedSparrows 21 Jan 2014 10:24:54 22,752 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I don't mind playing different roles as long as I'm not Elder Titan or w/e the hell he's called.
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 21 Jan 2014 10:26:12 38,254 posts
    Seen 13 seconds ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I just got a bit frustrated last night as I know tarqs and co get a bit annoyed with me not being up to your standard (I wish I had the time to play as much as you guys :( ) and everyone else plays infrequently, so I'm right in the middle really. Not good enough to play with the big boys, play too often to play with everyone else and I hate those damned judgemental randoms.

• DamoVotf 21 Jan 2014 10:51:53 547 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    MrTomFTW wrote:
    I just got a bit frustrated last night as I know tarqs and co get a bit annoyed with me not being up to your standard (I wish I had the time to play as much as you guys :( ) and everyone else plays infrequently, so I'm right in the middle really. Not good enough to play with the big boys, play too often to play with everyone else and I hate those damned judgemental randoms.
    You see that's the problem no one has a problem playing with you, and its not about you being up to any standard (believe me when I say you are much better than me for your number of games). We got 5 people who tend to play most often, so it tends to be in that group.

To be honest for me the most important thing is to enjoy the game, so I enjoy playing with the funniest people for me. But I am pretty competitive so I do get annoyed when I lose. As you hear on voice, but thats always at myself.

When I come on I generally dont ask anyone to play, thats my laziness not any attempt to get better people to play.

Last night was a special case and why I messaged you, the guy we had played a game with already had already asked Tarqs for someone else to be invited and Tarqs was afk. Tarqs invited you and then saw the guy wanted this other guy and had asked in advance. Hence the switch, was zero slight on you.

Edited by DamoVotf at 10:54:34 21-01-2014
  • RedSparrows 21 Jan 2014 10:54:28 22,752 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Whenever I play with the real DOTA2 hardcore on my friends list it ends up being uncomfortable. I'm expected to do everything they would do, and it's hard to keep up.
  • DamoVotf 21 Jan 2014 11:26:09 547 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    RedSparrows wrote:
    Whenever I play with the real DOTA2 hardcore on my friends list it ends up being uncomfortable. I'm expected to do everything they would do, and it's hard to keep up.
    Red its still the same for all of us. I was getting coaching from Pigeon on vent last night while playing Tiny.

Look for me it all depends on how people phrase it, Im happy to take some coaching and dont ever lambast people for doing something stupid. In fact I put my hand up if I do something stupid.

I guess its like everything its all how its said. Im always happy to play with you guys, so if you want to play with me just ask.
  • DamoVotf 21 Jan 2014 11:27:33 547 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Besides I want to play some low ranked games as well, I need to learn my Meepo.
  • RedSparrows 21 Jan 2014 11:31:24 22,752 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Of course, I don't mind being coached - far from it. It is, as you say, how it is phrased. I don't blame anyone in particular, more that people forget who they're playing with in the heat of the moment. Nobody has ever been horrible, but I sometimes feel like I am a burden more than a help.
  • mrharvest 21 Jan 2014 14:09:25 5,198 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I went to watch Zephyr play in the NSL and I got some codes for cosmetics I think. I don't play so does someone want them?
  • DaisyD 21 Jan 2014 14:15:08 11,826 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Post deleted
  • El_MUERkO 21 Jan 2014 14:18:19 17,037 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    me, not my wife :)
  • Benno 21 Jan 2014 15:11:17 9,902 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    MrTomFTW wrote:
    Theres a first world problem meme in there somewhere!
  • Rajin 21 Jan 2014 15:22:52 621 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Looking for some friendly players to play normal matches with or to try out ranked(the last sentence seems to be a taboo among pro players)

Its hard to practise teamwork in pub matches where i am the only one that wards and play support. I love playing support but it annoys me that most pub matches have to many carriers. I'm not a bad player nor a great one(in between somewhere). I'm also quite competitive so when someone keeps suciding i do get annoyed, i try to give them directions and i am generally very forgiving and often joke around in games.

I'm good with Naga siren, Lion, Puga and witch doctor or any support class except Chen.

Gamertag is: Irajin

Edited by Rajin at 15:23:09 21-01-2014
  • DamoVotf 21 Jan 2014 15:55:09 547 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Rajin wrote:
    Looking for some friendly players to play normal matches with or to try out ranked(the last sentence seems to be a taboo among pro players)

Its hard to practise teamwork in pub matches where i am the only one that wards and play support. I love playing support but it annoys me that most pub matches have to many carriers. I'm not a bad player nor a great one(in between somewhere). I'm also quite competitive so when someone keeps suciding i do get annoyed, i try to give them directions and i am generally very forgiving and often joke around in games.

I'm good with Naga siren, Lion, Puga and witch doctor or any support class except Chen.

Gamertag is: Irajin
    Welcome you can give me or Tom or a few others a shout on steam and we will invite you to the guild.

On a side note people in the guild should shout more when they come on and are looking for a game. Its a bit quiet.

But what you say is very true, the difference with a lot of players is just how much has been played. I see it massively even on different chars, the Tiny I played last night was a beast. But I never play tiny as I always loose.
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 21 Jan 2014 16:07:25 38,254 posts
    Seen 13 seconds ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Oh fuck me, the mere mention of Naga Siren gave me flashbacks to that match last night. Dat Siren/Titan ulti combo :( :( :(

• DamoVotf 21 Jan 2014 16:30:12 547 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    MrTomFTW wrote:
    Oh fuck me, the mere mention of Naga Siren gave me flashbacks to that match last night. Dat Siren/Titan ulti combo :( :( :(
    Hahaha, every time I was just going, ah ffs this is bullshit. There are a few little tricks like that, Mirana Arrow + OD prison, warlock + naga would work, omni and slark is a good one, tiny + slardar.

I love finding those combo's that work, though a lot of them need a lot of practice.
  • Rajin 21 Jan 2014 16:36:05 621 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    once held a team prison for 14 sec(with the Cooldown item) when they attacked, everyone else was sitting on the other side and could freely counter for 14 sec in which we managed to destroy their ancient

Edited by Rajin at 16:36:33 21-01-2014
  • DamoVotf 22 Jan 2014 09:25:52 547 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Found a good guide for clockwerk this morning, with some nice hints for playing offlane.

Clockwerk_Guide

This should help improve even more my offlane play. Hadnt even thought about blocking the camp with flare!
  • smoggo 22 Jan 2014 13:57:45 1,300 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Never feel bad about fucking up in dota. Blame your team for being feeding noobs instead.
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 22 Jan 2014 14:07:14 38,254 posts
    Seen 13 seconds ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    delete dota
    kill yourself

• RedSparrows 27 Jan 2014 11:17:13 22,752 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Great game last night. They must have been really bad, considering how rusty we were :D

Still reliving that SB charge to save Sharz in mid. 'LEEEEEROOOOYYYY'
  • Sharzam 27 Jan 2014 12:13:02 2,880 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    The problem isn't the coaching, phrasing or the like, it is just how serious it all feels. After a point people play purely for the competition and not for fun. Of course competition can be fun in itself, but sometimes you just want to enjoy it.

Try a new style of play,  try a character with a certain item and the like,  but then people say NO that is not how your meant to play. Or NO you need to buy X then do Y. It stops being fun if your being told you have to do everything in a certain way. This is why I don't play much anymore as we as a team started to get to that point where it became serious.

And yes that charge was EPIC :)

Edited by Sharzam at 12:15:14 27-01-2014

Known as 'Sharzam' in 98.5% of games

• Gunzberg 27 Jan 2014 12:20:18 1,732 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    MrTomFTW wrote:
    Anyone want to play Dota with me? No-one will play with me any more and playing with randoms is like punching yourself in the dick. :(
    Not after you deliberately picked Io (jk)

Honestly, I only play hard bot matches nowdays. When I play vs humans at least 1-2 ppl d/c or abandon and the rest trash talk. Don't these folks ever grow up. Also less Dota is doing wonders for my backlog.

Steam/PSN/XBL/Nintendo ID/Uplay/Origin: Gunzberg
    Blizzard Battletag: Gunzberg#2718

• xuiton 27 Jan 2014 12:22:44 297 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    give me a shout in game. i'm already in the EG clan thing but I haven't played with anyone from here yet.

i'm bored of soloing. I am good though over 1000 wins.

smoke me a kipper
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 27 Jan 2014 12:27:38 38,254 posts
    Seen 13 seconds ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Gunzberg wrote:
    MrTomFTW wrote:
    Not after you deliberately picked Io (jk)
    Har har. Did that to annoy you, but it annoyed that other guy even more. Although it was hilarious when I teleported him into the opponent's fountain.

• Page

of 60 First / Last