DOTA 2 Page 29

• Page

of 59 First / Last

• rivuzu 17 Oct 2013 23:08:53 1,596 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    More interested in broodmother's changes. She now has complete cliffwalking anywhere with a web, of which she can have EIGHT of, which have a 900 range EACH. You can easily cover their entire JUNGLE with that, and just phase right through all of the trees.

Mark my words. Jungle dominance Brood incoming.
  • rivuzu 17 Oct 2013 23:09:18 1,596 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    And re: that 68 minute game right then.

Alchemist. What a fucking cunt.
  • Sharzam 17 Oct 2013 23:11:30 2,832 posts
    Seen 7 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Considering how much i 'get' broodmother play iam looking forward to that. I already gank with her and stalk runners so yeah fun times ahead. Althourgh it will take some getting used to with the instant buff removal as i normally can pop out of my web and attack while invisible. Where as it will be i can only pop out when on the web, it may only be a second difference but that is normally enourgh to grab someone.

As for tonights game, i hope i did ok although i have played razor a bit he is far from my usual preferred play style. A frustrating game is all i can say really i dont think we had any major issues it was jsut the silly choice of alch to buy rapier.

Edited by Sharzam at 23:15:17 17-10-2013

Known as 'Sharzam' in 98.5% of games

• rivuzu 17 Oct 2013 23:20:48 1,596 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Your Razor was great. He's a hard hero to play because he's an anti-carry. Static link can drain at maximum (I think) 228 damage and actually put a heroes damage into negatives, which against sniper would of been amazing.

Problem is, we didn't have the lockdown.

Shout out to Damo though, despite his inebriation, kept us well warded most of the time. I stand by supports are unsung heroes in Dota 2, and his play was amazing in keeping our map vision up.

I still would of preferred a different pick to the Tiny from Gunz, but with singledraft you roll the dice. Plus, with Toss, it's not the easiest skill to learn.

Just a general lack of synergy in teamfights, combined with that god damned Alch, lost it - but we played a good game, and I still had fun on Timbersaw regardless.

Next time we play, instead of doing SD, Captains Mode needs to be done. I think that'll be a really good change.
  • Gunzberg 17 Oct 2013 23:50:04 1,731 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    So many changes and they only call it 6.7..9 ?!?

I wonder if they even have serious discussions about the changes rather than making lots of small adjustments and claiming it's balance for the audience.

Steam/PSN/XBL/Nintendo ID/Uplay/Origin: Gunzberg
    Blizzard Battletag: Gunzberg#2718

• Gunzberg 17 Oct 2013 23:56:51 1,731 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Drow gets buffed, Huskar gets nuked and Io loses thether stun.

Lich gets nuked in terms of armour and creep deniability whilst NP gets another nice buff....

Sniper gets another ranged buff too

Also Nyx can't Q units anymore...*cry*

And now you can't even afford a bottle when spawning.

Honestly, is this Valve's way of keeping DOTA fresh ? Not sure ppl with rl can bother learning all the mechanics over again

• RedSparrows 18 Oct 2013 00:10:30 22,300 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Gold is being increased at start, no?

Brood changes sound evil.
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 18 Oct 2013 06:16:55 37,832 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Full list:

http://pastebin.com/CZpnTnkm

Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• rivuzu 18 Oct 2013 07:22:39 1,596 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Looking at the current pro scene from matches I watch, some of the biggest changes I can list are:

Alchemist will no longer gain bonus HP during chemical rage. That's huge, because it's a large nerf to his survivability. Possibly makes him less viable in pro matches now.

Batrider lasso has a much smaller cast range, which means you MUST blink directly on top of them.

Axe (for the Russian scene...) culling blade, if it kills, does not go onto cooldown. Expect mass dunkings from teams like Empire!

Bloodseeker - when Thirst is active, he no longer has a movement speed cap. In case you're confused by what this means, see the video below...

And that is NOT sped up at all.

Brewmaster Agh Ulti now gives his summons his base unit skills, and the level they're at. This means earthclap on Earth panda, making him quite a bit more nukehappy. More micro skills. Don't expect anyone outside of SEA to run Brew!

Broodmother CAN GO ANYWHERE SHE LIKES. As an offlane player, I'm looking forwards to this a lot.

Chaos Knight - his stun now does less damage the higher the stun timing you get. At level 4, it can stun from 2-4 seconds, so expect more damage at the 2 seconds.

Clinkz - Searing arrows no longer blocked by BKB. That's a huge change, as they're a huge part of his damage.

Disruptors Aghs ulti is now essentially the same as Doom's... Doom, because it also disables items being used. No more forcestaff/mek out of it!

Doom's GOTTA GO FASTER build (movespeed + aghanims to stay in AoE so the Doom is never ending) has been improved with the range being increased. He now only has to stay 900 units away, not 650.

Elder Titan got a small nerf on his Ancestral Spirit damage. Because he's fucking OP.

Enigma has an aghs upgrade! It now adds Midnight Pulse damage on your Blackhole for it's duration. This itself was buffed up to 7% max hp damage per second. This is pretty awesome because this goes through magic immunity as it's universal damage, though is decreased by magic resistance. Now, with a max of 7% Max HP damage - 25% Magic Resistance = 5.25% over 4 seconds for the Blackhole. So, 3000hp - (5.25%[157.5] x 4) = 630 damage. It's great because it also makes the follow up from Blackhole less reliant on other players. FYI, this ALSO stacks with the original Midnight Pulse...

Juggernaut Omnislash counter (Ghost Sceptre) is now removed. Ghost form won't stop slashes hitting you. ):

KOTL Blinding Light now destroys trees. Not big, but its pushback used to be able to trap you in them before, so that's good.

Lich actually got a buff. His deny now GIVES him xp, unless I've read that completely wrong. Make sure you sacrifice far back, away from the enemy so they're out of range, and you're not only denying them xp, but gaining more yourself.

Lifestealer - rage cooldown increased. :D

Lone Druid bear XP is now increased. Good for supports who catch a Sylla trying to pullthrough on the offlane.

Meepo now gets ulti at level 4... expect pro meepo games!

Night Stalker ulti reduces all enemy night vision by 25%. Now remember, Night comes every 4 minutes now, and a lot of heroes had their night vision nerfed!

PA - Stifling Dagger now has a crit chance. What the fuck. Her ulti can give a 450% crit damage boost... so 180 (level 4 dagger) x 4.5 = 810 damage. On a 20 mana nuke. YOU BASICALLY JUST GAVE HER AN RNG FINGER OF DEATH, ICEFRAUD.

Pudge and Venge can now use Blink Dagger! But if you trap a person, they get free pathing (walking over cliffs) for 5 seconds.

Riki's ulti is no longer dispelled by spells and items (Excluding blinkstrike). SO YEAH, I'M GOING TO DO DAGON 5 REFRESHER RIKI AND SHOOT INVISIBLE LASERS AT BITCHES.

Rubick; "Added Aghanim's upgrade: reduces cooldown from 20/18/16 to 5, increases cast range from 1000 to 1400 and makes all stolen spells be considered to have their Aghanim's upgrade". Fucking awesome. Love Rub.

Skywrath Mage; "Added Aghanim's upgrade: reduces Mystic Flare's cooldown from 60/40/20 to 20/10/0". Soooo, yeah. You can spam his ulti. Literally spam it. ._.;

Undying Decay now lasts 40 seconds at all levels. He's SUCH a good aggressive support! This is only going to increase it.

Then there's a load of item changes, like consumables no longer being able to be given to other heroes. You can USE them on them, but not give them to use. This is going to hurt pro carries getting pooled.

There is still a buckload of other changes though, but those are the only ones I can see that'll really effect the current meta, West or Eastern.
  • RedSparrows 18 Oct 2013 08:35:01 22,300 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Skywrath ult will be mega! But v mana costly.

I am going off Alchemist :( Axe changes are interesting too.
  • Gunzberg 18 Oct 2013 10:15:47 1,731 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    When is the patch going live ?

• MrTomFTW Moderator 18 Oct 2013 10:18:52 37,832 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Warlock's Gollem no longer deals 100 damage on cast :( But more armour for the Gollem :D

Broodmother CAN GO ANYWHERE SHE LIKES.
    Please explain. I no understandy.

• Gunzberg 18 Oct 2013 11:18:42 1,731 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    She can walk over trees, cliffs, etc etc etc

• rivuzu 18 Oct 2013 14:56:27 1,596 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Think permanent Spectre dagger pathwalking when in her web.

Doesnt effect her spiderlings though oddly.
  • DamoVotf 18 Oct 2013 16:05:34 546 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    rivuzu wrote:
    Think permanent Spectre dagger pathwalking when in her web.

Doesnt effect her spiderlings though oddly.
    Otherwise she could farm the entire jungle in seconds I think.
  • rivuzu 18 Oct 2013 18:12:03 1,596 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    To be fair, she probably still can with farm up :l
  • RedSparrows 18 Oct 2013 20:30:03 22,300 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Holy shit bloodseeker.
  • rivuzu 18 Oct 2013 20:43:51 1,596 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    GOTTA GO FASTER
  • Gunzberg 19 Oct 2013 02:43:48 1,731 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I would just like to state that Ogre Magi with sceptre pwns.

That is all.

Might be my new main hero after Tusk

• MrTomFTW Moderator 19 Oct 2013 08:46:08 37,832 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I'm on a 7 game losing streak. I will play tonight with the aim of fixing it!

• rivuzu 21 Oct 2013 23:26:24 1,596 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    6.79 is now live!

Only played two games of it so far, but can I just say

VENOMANCER IS BACK, BABY. Poison sting @ level 4 = 300 magic damage. That's his PASSIVE skill. His Venom Wards get HALF of whatever his Poison sting damage is, so that's still the capability of 150 DoT from a 20 mana cost ward.

Woo! Veno! Like, my all time favorite hero. I just love watching people melt z_z
  • RedSparrows 22 Oct 2013 00:54:07 22,300 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Just played with an absolute pro PL. He was incredible. Constantly running a knife-edge of low health, constant harassing. Ended with 1 death and 20+ kills, and demolished the enemy base almost single handedly.
  • DBB 23 Oct 2013 18:23:29 3 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 10 months ago
    Hello Dota people. I've been wanting to start playing with a more regular group of people and it seems like that is going on here. I apologize if this comes off as spammy/creepy, but I figured my first post should be about something that I'm interested in.

I've been playing Dota for about a year now (or about 500 hours if you're interested in just how pathetic I am) and I can't get enough. Of course I can get enough of 4 wraithband drow accusing the whole team except her of feeding. So yeah, if you are a cool dudes who would like to play some Dota with a Refresher Phantom Assassin or a Drums, Phase, Shadow Blade, Yasha Bloodeseeker, let me know how to get in on this. Or if you want to play with someone who uses normal item builds, hit me up once the patch hype wears off.
  • Sharzam 23 Oct 2013 20:02:39 2,832 posts
    Seen 7 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Firstly we dont care how good or bad you are at DOTA, so forget about that. Were more interested in personalty, if your friendly and just want to have fun while at the same time communicating your more than welcome.

Also be prepared to lose and if you do, realise it is a team game as shouting abuse at people for mistakes is not our style. Anyway you can find us as EuGas or "Eurogamer Scrubs" to be exact.

Known as 'Sharzam' in 98.5% of games

• wizzy 23 Oct 2013 20:16:07 1 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 10 months ago
    its kinda "busted"
  • RedSparrows 23 Oct 2013 21:32:24 22,300 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    You've played it more than half of us then, DBB :D

Play nice, play fair, play with the team, not against them, and be prepared to lose.
  • DBB 24 Oct 2013 06:52:14 3 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 10 months ago
    Don't underestimate me. I am always prepared to lose.
  • Carperthouse 24 Oct 2013 11:03:59 1 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 10 months ago
    Hello)
  • Captain_America 24 Oct 2013 11:59:53 429 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Played my first game since I played about 10 in early 2012 last night.

Played tidehunter with a friend who's actually good. Once I remembered the keys I had a pretty good game, got a blink dagger and just blink ulted to start team fights, was pretty fun!

There whole team quit so it was like a 20 minute game sadly.
  • RedSparrows 25 Oct 2013 11:10:55 22,300 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Tidehunter's ult is great. Shame I hate everything else about him :(
  • Page

of 59 First / Last