DOTA 2 Page 25

• Page

of 63 First / Last

• Gunzberg 23 Sep 2013 21:05:25 1,751 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    What happened ? I couldn't join due to family. Do tell!

Steam/PSN/XBL/Nintendo ID/Uplay/Origin: Gunzberg
    Blizzard Battletag: Gunzberg#2718

• MrTomFTW Moderator 23 Sep 2013 22:05:51 39,761 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I don't really know. It was Captain's draft in a full lobby, I was getting my support on in bottom lane then next thing I know it's like 2 - 8 in their favour then they stomp us in 25 minutes after taking all the lanes.

Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• Gunzberg 23 Sep 2013 22:52:34 1,751 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    no biggie, we (as in 5man EG team) just got stomped in the same amount of time by a public group of randoms...

• Rivuzu 24 Sep 2013 08:04:39 3,257 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Whose to say those PUG's weren't a 5man stack too? :)
  • richispsycho 24 Sep 2013 09:05:09 714 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    MrTomFTW wrote:
    I don't really know. It was Captain's draft in a full lobby, I was getting my support on in bottom lane then next thing I know it's like 2 - 8 in their favour then they stomp us in 25 minutes after taking all the lanes.
    We where rocking a great Magnus and Jakiro combo top lane. Then when it came to the group fights, Silencers ulti gave us loads of time to destroy you guys.
  • Fat_Pigeon 24 Sep 2013 11:39:55 9,850 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Played 2 games on Captains Draft so far both times we got out drafted horribly.

And as an EG group we should start trying to run some tri-lanes. either aggressive or defensive. it will take some practice and it requires a lot of work from the 2 supports in lane constantly stack pulling knowing when to go aggressive and knowing when to roam. but its currently a lot stronger than running 2-1-2.
  • Sharzam 24 Sep 2013 14:11:27 3,362 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I am back from Holiday now, are you guys still regularly playing at 7/8 ?

Known as 'Sharzam' in 98.5% of games

• DamoVotf 24 Sep 2013 16:28:15 632 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    richispsycho wrote:
    MrTomFTW wrote:
    We where rocking a great Magnus and Jakiro combo top lane. Then when it came to the group fights, Silencers ulti gave us loads of time to destroy you guys.
    Yeah I thought that might happen.

I agree with Pigeon if we can get some tri lanes going I think we can be very effective. DS / Weaver for the offlane, normal mid and then work on some good supports for the hard carry.

Im up for learning the support role in the Tri lane.
  • DamoVotf 24 Sep 2013 16:28:37 632 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yes we are Shar, though I will be late tonight.
  • DamoVotf 24 Sep 2013 16:31:51 632 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    rivuzu wrote:
    Whose to say those PUG's weren't a 5man stack too? :)
    They were a group as well. Watch the replay.
  • Rivuzu 24 Sep 2013 16:50:08 3,257 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Supports in a tri lane actually have a difficult time if not done right. It's all about keeping your distance from your carry role whilst also providing support. Camp pulls, you'll need to learn to pull both camps (not stack and pull, that's a waste of time). You'll also need to figure out what combinations work best.

I'd give a shout to any combination which is an instant disable, with a follow up disable. Examples would be Rubick's lift followed up with Lina's stun. They maximise your killing potential.

If you can get a carry with some crowd control, such as Sven, you could see a triple disable which'll allow you to dominate your lane handily.

If not, the supports job is to give as much solo xp as possible, protect ganks, roam and gank mid, and do jungle pulls - but not all the time. You need to keep the creep equillibrium on your side so your carry doesn't have to venture far from the tower to farm.

I've given up trying to perform a tri in pubs because too many things invariably go wrong. Get it right, and get a good mid and offlane player, and you'll be laughing mightily. Alternatively, have a jungling hero who can be useful in ganking such as Enigma or Crystal Maiden!
  • Fat_Pigeon 24 Sep 2013 17:33:08 9,850 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    playing support in a tri-lane is one of the hardest roles in game.

pretty basic guide to tri-laning

• DamoVotf 25 Sep 2013 08:11:56 632 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Ill watch when I get home tonight, if there are text guides I can read them that suits me well for work.

I feel I need to break out of my mold and try new chars.

I feel comfortable with:
    Chaos / Rikki / Weaver / Natures / OD / Alchemist / Witch Doctor / Shadow Shaman / Dark Seerer

Probably a few I have forgot but I really need to work out those jungle supports for the tri-lane.
  • Rivuzu 25 Sep 2013 16:15:53 3,257 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    DamoVotf wrote:
    Ill watch when I get home tonight, if there are text guides I can read them that suits me well for work.

I feel I need to break out of my mold and try new chars.

I feel comfortable with:
    Chaos / Rikki / Weaver / Natures / OD / Alchemist / Witch Doctor / Shadow Shaman / Dark Seerer

Probably a few I have forgot but I really need to work out those jungle supports for the tri-lane.
    So, carries? (with the exception of Shaman and Seer, though Shaman is very much a push strat hero).

I'm most comfortable with midlane heroes to be honest. That and solo-off lane heroes. Big impact ultimates that require those extra levels (like last nights ill fated Tidehunter game, where I did reasonably well and hit 6 pre 7min).
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 25 Sep 2013 21:35:49 39,761 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Two excellent games there guys. Good lead up to my journey to the Expo tomorrow. Thanks!

• DamoVotf 26 Sep 2013 11:48:36 632 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I had 2 horrible games, the worst was a 23 min debacle and second a group of 4 Spanish guys spamming comms.

And I played terrible. I blame Pigeon since he wouldnt let me in his group.
  • Fat_Pigeon 26 Sep 2013 12:49:27 9,850 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Sorry ... had some gret games last night played a few awesome QoP games last night, then played a couple of good hard support on a tri lane games later on roamed set up kills all over the place. was much fun.

And Queen of Pain isn't a carry!!
  • DamoVotf 27 Sep 2013 08:29:30 632 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    That was an epic first game last night. Im going to watch that again tonight I think.

Pretty decent game to finish last night as Templar Assasin, quite an interesting char. Easy enough to dominate mid against a Gyro, who kept sending rocket to me when I stealthed.

Going to read more about the strategy for her.
  • Fat_Pigeon 27 Sep 2013 12:15:51 9,850 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I love me a bit of TA, blink to meld strike is a scary thing especially when you have farmed up a deso, though she doesn't fair up to well against heroes with a decent DOT (Pudge,Bat, Viper) they strip her refraction charges leaving her very squishy.

Edited by Fat_Pigeon at 12:17:50 27-09-2013
  • RedSparrows 29 Sep 2013 23:05:27 24,240 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I like TA, but I need to use her meld a lot better.
  • mskemp85 30 Sep 2013 14:39:11 19 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Me and Sharz had an excellent comeback last night as CM and AA. Were so far behind on kills but their team did absolutely nothing to counter the riki we were playing with, and as time went on we turned it around nicely.

Was a real lesson to me on not giving up, as both me and Sharz had commented that we thought the game was lost at one point, but once the tide started to turn it turned quickly

Edited by mskemp85 at 14:39:37 30-09-2013
  • DamoVotf 30 Sep 2013 17:04:21 632 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    You want to see a comeback, go look at NaVi versus Orange at the international, match 3 in the Lower Bracket Final.

NaviVsOrange

I was watching it over the weekend and it was seriously just mental, most people would call GG. I think it was two fold, some stupid mistake by orange (denying an aegis) made them nervous but NaVi just never gave up. Well worth a watch (plus it has an Uber OD for half the game) though why you bait with an OD Ill never know.

Edited by DamoVotf at 17:05:49 30-09-2013
  • Sharzam 30 Sep 2013 18:38:09 3,362 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Actually me and Markus had a good few intreasting games. Was never more clear that team work beats pretty much everything especially in PUG matchmaking.

I will always remember that Weaver play on Saturday morning, i was so tired but once our supports started to control the game i got decent farm going. We lost that game but only because out antimage loved to feed them and then dc.

Edited by Sharzam at 18:39:52 30-09-2013

Known as 'Sharzam' in 98.5% of games

• DamoVotf 2 Oct 2013 13:32:50 632 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It may have been a shambles last night, but I had a very funny time.

Anyone banned?
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 2 Oct 2013 13:33:34 39,761 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Hahaha banned? What did I miss?

• DamoVotf 2 Oct 2013 13:52:04 632 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I had a few drinks and was talking a lot.

Plus playing Slark like an idiot. One guy wanted to report us all.
  • RedSparrows 2 Oct 2013 14:15:42 24,240 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Drunk DOTA is almost better than proper DOTA.

Just not for anyone not drunk :D

Me and Sharz had a couple of good games. I was SS then Luna. SS is a fucking beast, I love him. Low CD, high burst dmg, but also capable of supporting the team. With a good tanky/carry next to him he's so much fun. Luna is also good, but much less exciting.

I played my first TA vs humans match, and wiped the floor with them. Currently on a streak of 6 or so - it's all going to end horribly soon :D
  • Rivuzu 10 Oct 2013 10:11:12 3,257 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Crushed those games with Gunz 1
    and

And I finally have a Kunkka victory! 22 games played, 22% winrate!

Edited by rivuzu at 10:11:46 10-10-2013
  • Gunzberg 10 Oct 2013 11:05:57 1,751 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I crushed even more in the one with Ultrafud afterwards Rivu!

I went Lich mid, Ultrafud as Anti-Mage and we had some randoms as Huskar, Clinkz and Visage.

The other team had Elder Titan, Warlock, Broodmother, Magnus and Skeleton King.

Went mid as Lich but supported and warded like a pro (mek, dust, observers). Told AM and Huskar to keep buying dust to gank Broodmother.

We stomped that match in 46-6. It was absolutely incredible. Let me find the video. ALternatively here are the stats (the kills are not accurate)

STOMP STOMP STOMP

Edited by Gunzberg at 11:08:19 10-10-2013

• Rivuzu 10 Oct 2013 12:29:03 3,257 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Awesome stuff! Dust wins games. Dust is OP. F- yo inviz heroes, roam as pairs with dust and nofear.

Also, Vanguard AM? Wow, guy must've been new ): Normally by 32min I'm running around with bfury/manta/treads and either BKB, HOT or Butterfly, dependant!
    Still, looks like it worked out. Their team had capacity for wombocombo though! RP into Astral/Stomp from ET, into Earth Splitter into Warlock drop'da Rock with SK and Brood just taking your supports apart...

Still, pub games! Never expect things like that to work out!
  • Page

of 63 First / Last