DOTA 2 Page 24

• Page

of 63 First / Last

• DamoVotf 10 Sep 2013 12:20:10 631 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Rivuzu Its a free for all we tend to let people gravitate to the roles they wanna play and that best counter the opposition, so generally its more like 2 core and 2 support and 1 floater.

I just find Dazzle really gets steamrolled by the end of the game. His heal anyone can provide with Mech. It all depends how you wanna play your support, I play it in the middle of the fight so stuff with active abilities to stun and CC are important.

I wanna expand my skills into the more isoteric characters. But I find anything with too much micro does not suit my tunnell vision.
  • DamoVotf 10 Sep 2013 12:24:59 631 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Gunzberg wrote:
    Don't let Sharzam tell you on how he carried us as Enchantress..we'll never hear the end of it
    I am the worst enchantress you have ever be seen.
  • mskemp85 10 Sep 2013 12:27:59 19 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @DamoVotf I have a similar problem when it comes to micro. I find that if I play a character that has to micro creeps or illusions that I just end up too focused on controlling my hero, often leaving my illusions doing nothing

Edited by mskemp85 at 12:29:06 10-09-2013

Edited by mskemp85 at 12:30:45 10-09-2013
  • Fat_Pigeon 10 Sep 2013 12:32:37 9,850 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    DamoVotf wrote:
    Shame we couldnt organise the 10 man lobby, we stomped a PUG in like 26 mins with some very nice team play.

It really struck me how much more fun it is playing with people you know that just randoming.
    sorry for the KS but its hard not to when you 2 hit everything.
  • Rivuzu 10 Sep 2013 13:19:20 3,224 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    To you Dazzle players, don't forget to run him as the ultimate anti-carry support. Never underestimate how much damage resistance/extra damage you can do with Weave on their entire team/your entire team. Constantly increasing armor is no joke when you consider 1 point of armor is roughly 3% of your max hp as Effective HP.

EG: 3000hp + 15 armor = +45% of your hp as physical damage soak, so almost 4500hp.

You put someone into NEGATIVE armor, and they'll pop like mad. That's why medallion is a recommended item, and why his Poison Touch is a Physical damage spell. Dazzle loves to hate on armor.
  • Sharzam 10 Sep 2013 14:27:10 3,350 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    And you all laughed at Enchantress Carry. Anything is possible with a bit of blind luck, but still 21 kills people!

Tonight I amm going to give it another go, I will proove that wasn't a one off.

Known as 'Sharzam' in 98.5% of games

• mskemp85 10 Sep 2013 15:06:40 19 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Sharzam wrote:
    And you all laughed at Enchantress Carry. Anything is possible with a bit of blind luck, but still 21 kills people!

Tonight I amm going to give it another go, I will proove that wasn't a one off.
    Looking forward to it already!
  • RedSparrows 11 Sep 2013 10:55:46 24,156 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Every game i have played recently (...about 3), I have lost. And every time, our team has more kills. It's just when those kills fall. Buggeration.

last night was good, I just don't think we had enough DPS, and our positioning at points was poor. It's so complex.
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 11 Sep 2013 11:08:17 39,732 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    It's because you didn't have me on your team. I wanted to play but I was left out :(

Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• DFawkes 11 Sep 2013 11:43:39 24,044 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Don't suppose anyone would be open to letting me join them sometime? I'm terrible and don't like being shouted at in all caps, unless it's EGers. EGers rage far better than randoms.

I know the basic rules from beta and a bit of Guardians of Middle Earth. That's about it. Though reading from the top of this page I don't think I'll ever be good at it so I might be best never to play it.

Edited by DFawkes at 11:44:45 11-09-2013

Oh for goodness sake, I've caught my scrotum in my zip again - Margaret Thatcher, 1986

• DamoVotf 11 Sep 2013 12:00:53 631 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I got caught up doing wedding planning (while drinking wine) so I was a little worse the wear for my final game. And now im out the next 2 nights.

DFawkes just come along there is generally a game going between 7-8 and just ask people to play nice. I only abuse people when they abuse me.
  • Sharzam 11 Sep 2013 12:07:39 3,350 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Aye. 7-8 basically become dota time, without fail every day EG rock it.

Don't worry DFawkes, although we're all steadily improving you should of seen us mere weeks ago, and last night I did some cracking noob moments.

• DFawkes 11 Sep 2013 12:21:37 24,044 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Is it usually EG Vs EG games that go on?

Oh for goodness sake, I've caught my scrotum in my zip again - Margaret Thatcher, 1986

• RedSparrows 11 Sep 2013 12:33:10 24,156 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I am mega noob. I run the wrong way, I get stuck behind creeps, I stun myself as Alchemist all the bloody time, etc etc.

We are getting better though - need more thought on team composition also.
  • DamoVotf 11 Sep 2013 13:01:15 631 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    DFawkes wrote:
    Not as often as we would like, but there is generally a full team going and they will help you.

Also if im about Im happy to teach people against Bots.
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 11 Sep 2013 13:02:53 39,732 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    DFawkes wrote:
    Depends, if there's only 5 people we'll go into public games and hope for the best. But any more we can set a private lobby going.

• Fat_Pigeon 11 Sep 2013 13:27:06 9,850 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    last night was good fun. the first game i think we were unlucky I made one or two mistakes in the last couple of team fights when we wiped I should have baited out the Ravage with my illusions or something.

As a whole you have improved loads since I last played with you, just got to work on that mid game standing around not doing a lot lark, maybe try smoke ganking or something, there where lots of times where we grouped up and then did nothing for so long so i went back to farming because i was losing to much gold and xp. but your laning has got loads better. and your late game team fight is finding some sort of co-ordination.

I probably wasn't the best hero to help with the mid game as that's Anti-Mages 'farm' stage of the game where he farms the big items out before anyone else can.
  • RedSparrows 11 Sep 2013 13:38:14 24,156 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yeah, standing around not getting gold/xp is a problem also.
  • Sharzam 11 Sep 2013 17:32:16 3,350 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Although we won you can see we had the same problem in the games we have lost. The mid game kinda falls apart, our laneing is ok (assuming we get the team balance right) and the end game team fights tend to go our way.

If we can sort out mid game farming I reckon we will be one hell of a force.

On another note I won't be on tonight.

• RedSparrows 12 Sep 2013 01:31:34 24,156 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I am indeed cursed. :(

Either I fuck up monstrously, or randoms d/c within 1 min of game start.

:(
  • RedSparrows 12 Sep 2013 12:09:40 24,156 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Oh my god, the people I play with. Why does my team get the guys with no arms, and theirs all competent players? RAAAAR
  • Gunzberg 12 Sep 2013 13:00:45 1,751 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    RedSparrows wrote:
    Oh my god, the people I play with. Why does my team get the guys with no arms, and theirs all competent players? RAAAAR
    Don't play with randoms. It just leads to continuous pain and frustration.

Wait till the EG crew is on :-)

Steam/PSN/XBL/Nintendo ID/Uplay/Origin: Gunzberg
    Blizzard Battletag: Gunzberg#2718

• RedSparrows 12 Sep 2013 19:11:28 24,156 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    If anyone i was just playing with can read this just had powercut. Ffs. Had one only on the weekend, street lights went and all.

Sorry ��
  • DamoVotf 13 Sep 2013 10:37:09 631 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    RedSparrows wrote:
    If anyone i was just playing with can read this just had powercut. Ffs. Had one only on the weekend, street lights went and all.

Sorry ��
    Definitely a rage quit!
  • RedSparrows 13 Sep 2013 10:46:25 24,156 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    :(

Everything went dusky and I stubbed my toe and everything :(
  • Fat_Pigeon 20 Sep 2013 00:06:39 9,850 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    worst.Huskar.build.ever

try this one, linky looks like your build was made before 6.78 (latest Patch) where it was a somewhat viable, still a bit rubbish but viable. they reworked burning spears and berserker blood. you are giving up so much damage just ignoring spears.

Edited by Fat_Pigeon at 15:14:16 20-09-2013
  • Rivuzu 23 Sep 2013 08:25:50 3,224 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I have internet now! Still no headset to speak of (balls), but I'll be MUCH MORE ACTIVE now that I dont have to use mobile phone tethering to play.

Also, for those I played with at the weekend,

Kunkka right?! Proplays, proplays...
  • Gunzberg 23 Sep 2013 09:42:40 1,751 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Fat_Pigeon wrote:
    worst.Huskar.build.ever

try this one, linky looks like your build was made before 6.78 (latest Patch) where it was a somewhat viable, still a bit rubbish but viable. they reworked burning spears and berserker blood. you are giving up so much damage just ignoring spears.
    I tend to pick the highest rated builds and if it works in one match I keep picking it.

It did totally collapse in that match, really missed having the Q skill and Burning Spears there

Steam/PSN/XBL/Nintendo ID/Uplay/Origin: Gunzberg
    Blizzard Battletag: Gunzberg#2718

• Rivuzu 23 Sep 2013 13:27:35 3,224 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Gunzberg wrote:
    Fat_Pigeon wrote:
    worst.Huskar.build.ever

I tend to pick the highest rated builds and if it works in one match I keep picking it.

It did totally collapse in that match, really missed having the Q skill and Burning Spears there
    Even that build is a bit rubbish to be honest. 6.78 was the birth of the Ghost Sceptre Huskar, which rendered all other builds invalid.

The change to beserkers blood increasing magic resistance meant that you could negate the effect of Ghost Sceptre, which makes you ethereal (only targettable by spells). Whilst in that form, you can manually cast Burning Spears by pressing W and then clicking the opponent, rather than auto cast. The idea is you leap in with the ultimate, and when you get to about half hp use Ghost Sceptre, your magic resistance even WITH ethereal & beserkers blood should be about 50-70%, and then manually click burning spears on their highest priority target. You can get about 5-6 stacks on them which midgame time will destroy anyone.

Item progression should be Basic Boots - Urn - Treads - Ghost Sceptre - Aghs - AC/Hood (dependant on enemy damage focus) - Heart. Pure survivabilit as Burning Spears does HUGE damage in its own right.

You should level W, E, W, E, STATS, E, R, E, W, W. I get one point in stats early because often your HP pool can't support anything higher than spears lvl2.
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 23 Sep 2013 20:34:29 39,732 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    So uhhh... on the plus side of that one game I just played with youse... At least I didn't feed. Jesus H.

• Page

of 63 First / Last