DOTA 2 Page 14

• Page

of 60 First / Last

• Fat_Pigeon 31 Jul 2013 12:33:16 9,808 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Fat_Pigeon I dont play rikki at all anymore either, it gets very dull.
    not judging i have 50+ Drow games. :) though i was getting the basics and it did teach me orb walking.
  • mskemp85 31 Jul 2013 12:37:39 19 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I still need to get my head around orb walking, may watch some youtube tutorials over lunch and give it a go against bots later on.
  • RedSparrows 31 Jul 2013 12:50:40 22,680 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    LeoliansBro wrote:
    Tried this over the weekend. An unexpected side effect - I find getting the first post on a new EG page to now be a similar goal to getting the last hit...
    What's your Steam tag?
  • RedSparrows 31 Jul 2013 12:54:51 22,680 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Orb walking et al - so many tactics!

I'm beginning to see red health bars... with my waking eyes!
    I am naked, naked before the DOTA2!

Edited by RedSparrows at 12:54:59 31-07-2013
  • urban 31 Jul 2013 12:55:58 10,945 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @RedSparrows Why does that warrant a steam tag add? haha
  • RedSparrows 31 Jul 2013 12:57:59 22,680 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Because LB is someone I wish to crush at DOTA2 to continue my secret war against the bankers!
  • rivuzu 31 Jul 2013 15:41:26 1,856 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Gunzberg Always put the Ion Shell on the second or third melee creep. The first one in will be attacked by the entire wave, but the second will be only after the first dies. Makes the shell last much longer. You can also get a double-Ion Shell off if you time it right (lasts 20sec with a CD of 10sec)

Problem with Ursa compared to Lycan is he's really kiteable. One stun or a slow, and you can't catch up to people. That's why people got Blink Dagger or Shadow Blade, to surprise close the gap on people. Alternatively, if facing him, get a ghost sceptre and run away.
  • DamoVotf 31 Jul 2013 16:10:48 547 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Anyone on tonight? I feel the need to polish my support skills.
  • LeoliansBro 31 Jul 2013 16:14:31 44,225 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    RedSparrows wrote:
    Because LB is someone I wish to crush at DOTA2 to continue my secret war against the bankers!
    I am extremely crushable.I haven't killed a single hero bot yet, never mind joined a live game. I went up against my brother at the weekend and came away covered in all the glory the 0-18-1 statline deserved.

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• Gunzberg 31 Jul 2013 16:17:14 1,732 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    rivuzu wrote:
    @Gunzberg Always put the Ion Shell on the second or third melee creep. The first one in will be attacked by the entire wave, but the second will be only after the first dies. Makes the shell last much longer. You can also get a double-Ion Shell off if you time it right (lasts 20sec with a CD of 10sec)

Problem with Ursa compared to Lycan is he's really kiteable. One stun or a slow, and you can't catch up to people. That's why people got Blink Dagger or Shadow Blade, to surprise close the gap on people. Alternatively, if facing him, get a ghost sceptre and run away.
    Yeah I realised that right away that the shell makes more sense on the 2nd or later creep as they are mostly at 100% health when they engage enemies

Steam/PSN/XBL/Nintendo ID/Uplay/Origin: Gunzberg
    Blizzard Battletag: Gunzberg#2718

• Gunzberg 31 Jul 2013 16:18:16 1,732 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Also I am going to be on more now till I leave on holiday on the 14th. Always up for a Dota 2 match - just hit me up on Steam

Edited by Gunzberg at 16:18:29 31-07-2013

• DamoVotf 31 Jul 2013 16:18:56 547 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    LeoliansBro wrote:
    RedSparrows wrote:
    I am extremely crushable.I haven't killed a single hero bot yet, never mind joined a live game. I went up against my brother at the weekend and came away covered in all the glory the 0-18-1 statline deserved.
    If it helps Red Sparrow I work in a bank!
  • RedSparrows 31 Jul 2013 16:26:15 22,680 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I CRUSH YOUUUUUU

(or I flail wildly, and die to a support when I'm supposed to be a 'nuker' or something)

Watched this good (for noobs) vid earlier on class 'roles':

• Gunzberg 31 Jul 2013 16:29:40 1,732 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @RedSparrows

I still love how we stood there bashing each other as Huskar and Bounty Hunter hoping to kill the other before we die ourselves. Awesome

• RedSparrows 31 Jul 2013 16:33:12 22,680 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Aye. In such situations I usually forget I have an item to turn on for a buff :D I just stare and pray, like an idiot!
  • Gunzberg 31 Jul 2013 16:38:07 1,732 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @RedSparrows Same!!

• Gunzberg 31 Jul 2013 23:02:35 1,732 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    That was absolutely epic - 1st time beating hard bots by rushing their ancient at the end.

Thanks to:

DamoVotf
    FatPigeon
    BrainBoy
    Redsparrows
    & yours truly Gunz

I shall never forget how I bubbled my team whilst we ran after Zeus...

• RedSparrows 31 Jul 2013 23:34:49 22,680 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    'I'm charging - Zeus stunned in a sec... wait, what? WHO THE FUCK PUT THAT BUBBLE THERE?'
  • Gunzberg 31 Jul 2013 23:46:31 1,732 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @RedSparrows :redface:

• RedSparrows 31 Jul 2013 23:57:44 22,680 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    ;)
  • rivuzu 1 Aug 2013 00:32:55 1,856 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Just had a try-hard game that in my mind is as close to professional play as I'll ever be able to pull.

I'm determined to play nothing other than teamfight win heroes. Case in point? Tidehunter. Ravage is insane. Our team consisted of Tide, Venomancer, Queen of Pain, Abaddon and Anti-Mage. Their team was Lifestealer, Doom, Centaur, Shadow Fiend and Warlock. All around a greedy pub team.

Now this is solo queue, where you're matched with complete random people, but even so we were on the same mindset and everything worked beautifully. Both myself and Veno crushed their solo lane (Warlock... bad pick, but about as bad as our Abaddon), followed by multiple roaming and smoke usages to gank Mid and make sure Shadow Fiend had a low impact.

Anyway, one thing to notice is this entire time, Anti-Mage farmed and hadn't missed a single creep kill. Battlefury and Yasha by 16 minutes. That is a RIDICULOUS amount of farm.

We finished up by crushing their ancient at 26 minutes in, and I'm refusing to play again tonight because it wont beat that.

Dota 2 API is down at the moment, but I'll slap the match ID for those who fancy watching the highlights/replay. Honestly, that AM can teach a thing or two about balancing aggression and farming.

Edit: API's back up. Actual time was 24:53. 31-12. AM GPM was at 740 - beating a Midas Doom. :l Match ID: 259419552

Edited by rivuzu at 00:34:57 01-08-2013
  • Gunzberg 1 Aug 2013 01:24:06 1,732 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    How does one use these Match IDs...is this for twitch or is it in dota itself ?

• RedSparrows 1 Aug 2013 01:35:20 22,680 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Watch > Recent Games > Filter by ID
  • Benno 1 Aug 2013 08:31:31 9,900 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Bah, I'm off to Italy this Friday for a week. I bet when I come back you'll all be pros. I haven't managed to put in the hours I would have liked!
  • DamoVotf 1 Aug 2013 08:48:55 547 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    RedSparrows wrote:
    'I'm charging - Zeus stunned in a sec... wait, what? WHO THE FUCK PUT THAT BUBBLE THERE?'
    Hahaha it made me laugh last night and that totally refreshed my memory of it. Was a nicely balanced game, that sort of back and forth is very prevalent at my sort of skill level (where i get matched solo) and makes it very interesting.

Rivuzu, why you think Warlock was a bad choice? Im at the stage where I want to learn the team chars as well, who would you recommend.
  • RedSparrows 1 Aug 2013 10:51:27 22,680 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Whenever I have played against Warlock he's been a horrible thorn in my side.
  • Fat_Pigeon 1 Aug 2013 11:26:55 9,808 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Post deleted
  • Fat_Pigeon 1 Aug 2013 11:26:55 9,808 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    DamoVotf wrote:
    RedSparrows wrote:
    Hahaha it made me laugh last night and that totally refreshed my memory of it. Was a nicely balanced game, that sort of back and forth is very prevalent at my sort of skill level (where i get matched solo) and makes it very interesting.

Rivuzu, why you think Warlock was a bad choice? Im at the stage where I want to learn the team chars as well, who would you recommend.
    he needs to much farm/xp to be really viable as support. and is pretty useless outside a teamfight. plus a diff blade will instantly kill his golem. and has only 2 really useful skills.

he is a good pubstomp hero though
  • rivuzu 1 Aug 2013 11:35:43 1,856 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @DamoVotf He's a good choice of hero, bad choice for a solo-offlane suicide role. With no decent disengage, distant farming skill or escape, the most he can do is heal himself as he takes considerable damage - and with 3 people wailing on just you, that doesn't take long.

Warlock is, IMO, best suited for mid. He can dominate that lane plus, earlier 6 means he can gank effectively by dropping the golem.

But for solo offlane vs a Tri, you really need someone invis like a Clinkz or Bounty Hunter, Clockwerk for his cogs, Magnus for easy-ish impale escape, etc.

Edited by rivuzu at 11:36:10 01-08-2013
  • hypoBla5t 1 Aug 2013 11:44:26 1,412 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I'm no expert but I've really enjoyed supporting with Dazzle and Lich over the last few days.

Dazzle has a chain heal that damages in proximity to healed units (tasty nuke if your opponent is surrounded by creeps), a nice slow/stun and an armour boosting aoe ultimate.

Lich can sacrifice your own creeps for free mana, denying your opposites in lane and his ultra is devastating in team fights.
  • Page

of 60 First / Last