Mass Effect Trilogy

• Page

of 3 First / Last

Previous
  • northernlights 25 Oct 2012 18:37:25 653 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I understand the special collectors was coming out on november 7th. the edition with all three games but i cannot see it to pre-order anywhere. Anyone know if its coming out ? Nov 7th isnt far off
  • SFD 25 Oct 2012 18:51:12 490 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Shopto.net have it available for pre-order
  • ToxicdeepEyes 26 Oct 2012 12:25:31 62 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Maybe they are trying not to list it too soon so the remaining stock of the individual games actually still sell and shift.
  • EliteAssassin 27 Dec 2012 21:01:08 221 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 2 years ago

Unboxing here ;) (What I want most, ironicly, is that I want to know what do you think of the intro and the outro ah ah ah!)

YouTube
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Lusiadas33
    Facebook
    http://www.facebook.com/Lusiadas33
    SoundCloud
    https://soundcloud.com/lusiadas33

• Syrette 27 Dec 2012 23:22:54 43,295 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Most people already have copies of it.

• Cappy 4 Jan 2013 11:36:01 11,898 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    So I finally get to play Mass effect, and it's an intolerable corridor shooter with terrible gameplay, and if forum opinion is to believed it's all downhill after the first game. I'm considering quitting already.

The trilogy package is extremely shabby also, there's no manual for instance just a monochrome sheet and a DLC code card. So, I start the game, then realise I can only access the manual by quitting my game, going back to the start screen and memorising what I want from the on disc manual, then loading my game again.

It was done on such a shoestring, they didn't even bother getting the already released games re-certified, so I've got lots of updating and patching to do if I can somehow manage to get to Mass Effect 2 and 3 because the trilogy editions are the same as the original retail releases.

The first and last Bioware game I'll ever pay for. The story and characters aren't even interesting, it's all so stilted and wooden and generally poorly written.

Edited by Cappy at 11:36:25 04-01-2013
  • StarchildHypocrethes 4 Jan 2013 11:51:28 25,565 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Meh.

The Mass Effect trilogy is probably my favouritest games series in forever.

Different strokes and all that.
  • Deckard1 4 Jan 2013 11:53:05 27,675 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Yup, got to agree with SCH

Hush you ponce

• andytheadequate 4 Jan 2013 12:00:18 8,112 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Cappy wrote:
    So I finally get to play Mass effect, and it's an intolerable corridor shooter with terrible gameplay, and if forum opinion is to believed it's all downhill after the first game. I'm considering quitting already.

The trilogy package is extremely shabby also, there's no manual for instance just a monochrome sheet and a DLC code card. So, I start the game, then realise I can only access the manual by quitting my game, going back to the start screen and memorising what I want from the on disc manual, then loading my game again.

It was done on such a shoestring, they didn't even bother getting the already released games re-certified, so I've got lots of updating and patching to do if I can somehow manage to get to Mass Effect 2 and 3 because the trilogy editions are the same as the original retail releases.

The first and last Bioware game I'll ever pay for. The story and characters aren't even interesting, it's all so stilted and wooden and generally poorly written.
    The characters in 1 are a bit dull, but I thought the characters in the second game were really good. The story was far better in 1 though, when it finally got going.

It starts off as a dull corridor shooter but when you unlock more abilities and learn how to control the squad it becomes good fun. I advise to stick with it for a bit, it can take a bit of time to get into it.

Not played 3 so can't comment on that.
  • Derblington 4 Jan 2013 12:02:32 21,498 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    There are no manuals with any EA games, and other publishers are the same. That has nothing to do with the ME trilogy edition.
  • CosmicFuzz 4 Jan 2013 12:02:52 23,824 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Deckard1 wrote:

Episode 5 of our gaming podcast Open Source is a Gamescom Special. Check it out here!

• Humperfunk 4 Jan 2013 12:02:58 2,091 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I found Mass Effect so good that I even got my bum out once whilst playing it. True story.

PSN & NNID: Wedjwants

• B0rked_Gamer 4 Jan 2013 12:12:46 2,555 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Mass Effect: terrific sci-fi RPG.

Mass Effect 2: decent cover based third-person shooter with no real story arc to speak of which made me worry for Mass Effect 3.

Mas Effect 3: a part of me died when I first opened the galaxy map and saw how few locations were available. Mass Effect 3 isn't a terrible game, but it is a terrible Mass Effect game.

Edited by B0rked_Gamer at 12:13:25 04-01-2013
  • neilka 4 Jan 2013 12:22:31 15,844 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Humperfunk wrote:
    I found Mass Effect so good that I even got my bum out once whilst playing it. True story.
    Did you insert anything into said bum?
  • Humperfunk 4 Jan 2013 12:27:09 2,091 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    neilka wrote:
    Humperfunk wrote:
    Did you insert anything into said bum?
    Nah, it wasn't that good.

PSN & NNID: Wedjwants

• Cappy 4 Jan 2013 12:30:11 11,898 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Derblington wrote:
    There are no manuals with any EA games, and other publishers are the same. That has nothing to do with the ME trilogy edition.
    Ah, I didn't know that. Last time I bought an EA game they still had manuals, Burnout 3, I think.

On disc manuals are a real pain if you can't access them in-game so that still counts as a fail.
  • Deleted user 4 January 2013 12:49:43
    The Mass Effect games are insanely over rated. People calling any of them GOTY or best game evar need their fucking heads checked.

The first one was ok but it was pretty much a reskinned KOTOR game. The second was a mediocre sci-fi cover shooter. Never played the third because I swore off the series after the hilarious non-sequiter end boss in the second game.

"Why am I fighting the guy off the Iron Maiden album covers? What has this got to do with the story?"
  • Deckard1 4 Jan 2013 12:53:31 27,675 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I am shocked you don't like it. Shocked.

Hush you ponce

• King_Edward 4 Jan 2013 12:54:23 11,454 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    The second game is much better than the first. Still a corridor shooter, just a much more functional one.

Eddie the 'ed would be a great last boss in any game.

Edited by King_Edward at 12:56:16 04-01-2013
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 4 Jan 2013 12:55:19 37,766 posts
    Seen 48 seconds ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    If you were fighting against Eddie The Ed are you sure you weren't playing the old Iron Maiden game? Because you sure as fuck wasn't playing a ME game...

Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• PenguinJim 4 Jan 2013 13:05:19 5,825 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    spudsbuckley wrote:
    The first one was ok but it was pretty much a reskinned KOTOR game.
    Considering how many people appear to have played both, I am surprised that this point isn't raised more often, as huge amounts of game design and function are directly transplanted from KotOR1.

And the reapers could have been monstrous, ancient, unfathomable, epic entities, but that all went out of the window during ME1 when one of them sat down to have a little old natter with a human, politely answering all of his questions in English.

I have a long list of problems with ME2 that could have been easily avoided, but the truth is that I started up a second game straight after completing it the first time, and the episodic nature of the missions both surprised and pleased (most were about 45 minutes, so I could enjoy one or two or three as time allowed) oh god why am I talking about ME again surely this has all been covered a gazillion times already when's the DF face-off between the trilogy and the originals?!
  • warlockuk 4 Jan 2013 13:44:20 19,146 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    The first game was really annoying because it had a habit of trapping you in the landscape (like if you're on a planet mining or accidentally bump into a table). The second game still had that problem.

Even with that in mind, I still played the first two to death and enjoyed both the game and the story. The FPS bit seemed secondary a lot of the time and I was happy with that.

It looks really good and I enjoyed it. If you're the sort of person who gets sand in his vagina about people enjoying it then perhaps it's time to bugger off back to Darkfall.

I'm a grumpy bastard.

• smoothpete 4 Jan 2013 13:53:41 31,484 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Deckard1 wrote:
  • Lukus 4 Jan 2013 13:59:03 19,050 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'm playing the second at the moment. Whilst I'm enjoying it, I'm very aware that the RPG elements are incredibly light, even compared to the first game in which they were already pretty light. So I'm essentially just wading through a story told out in between shooty bits.

"Go talk to So and So for me please"
    "Ok"
    "Thanks I appreciate it"
    "No problem/Yeah you should do, cunt!"

*Experience Points*

All the upgrades take care of themselves (assuming you've done enough planet probing, which is addictive yet also tedious). So there's basically no customisation to be done other than occasionally choosing your weapon in a load out, and which powers to upgrade or relearn.

It's easy to get bogged down in side quests too, to the point where you forget crucial things about the main storyline.

I'm still enjoying it though. I love the design, the worlds, the different alien races and the story is enjoyable. Although I think the first's was more rounded. This one suffers from doing that thing where something you thought you knew turns out to be not the case anymore, which kind of undermines things in my eyes.

Paintings & Photographs

• B0rked_Gamer 4 Jan 2013 14:05:27 2,555 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    When I first played Mass Effect 2 I thought wow I'm having fun getting my team together can't wait to get stuck into the actual story. The main story (if you can call it that) is acquire Reaper IFF and go on suicide mission. :confused:
  • Rens11 4 Jan 2013 14:15:47 1,395 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    B0rked_Gamer wrote:
    When I first played Mass Effect 2 I thought wow I'm having fun getting my team together can't wait to get stuck into the actual story. The main story (if you can call it that) is acquire Reaper IFF and go on suicide mission. :confused:
    Exactly my thoughts

Dont kid yourself, Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, hed eat you and everyone you care about!

• Cappy 4 Jan 2013 15:34:45 11,898 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'll call it my game of the generation if I'm allowed to break Joker's brittle boned legs and tie them in a knot around his neck.

Not so mouthy now are you?

Which reminds of how much the Mass Effect 2 demo pissed me off.

Abandon ship!

Certainly! That sounds like a great idea.

No, not you.

What?

Joker hasn't left his post, you've got to head in the opposite direction to safety and save him.

He wants to stay, big deal. Let's go.

You can't leave him.

Why can't I choose to leave him Mass Effect? Why isn't this whole sequence a cutscene? The level of interaction is as close to non-existent as you can get and you're not even offering me any choices. You're simply wasting my time.
  • danathjo 4 Jan 2013 16:51:28 7,333 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    wait a minute, is the first ME just a psn code and not on disc?

Eager to try the first one but was going to wait for the trilogy to drop in price and save the 12gb
  • King_Edward 4 Jan 2013 16:52:22 11,454 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    On disc.
  • Page

of 3 First / Last

Previous