of 9 First / Last

• bitch_tits_zero_nine 8 Nov 2012 18:02:53 6,654 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Buy it yer cretin
  • THFourteen 8 Nov 2012 18:13:00 32,880 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Is classic mode better than the iphone and android versions?

I guess "better than" is the wrong phrase as both those games are very good but you know what I mean.
  • Deleted user 8 November 2012 18:19:04
    Yeah, it's just the full version that existed before they added in press conferences and team talks.
  • Venatio Event Features Manager, Gamer Network 9 Nov 2012 14:49:13 4,621 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    How's everyone getting on with the new training system?

"sounds like a public school ponce"

• Physically_Insane 9 Nov 2012 22:36:17 8,657 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Venatio wrote:
    How's everyone getting on with the new training system?
    I've never delved deep into the training, but I gave it a quick look. Am I right in saying that the only thing you can do is change what your team focuses on each week and player specific stuff like change position? The thing about training is I don't think it would make a big difference in your teams performance. I mean, if you had the absolute perfect training regime, would your player performances/attribute development be excellent each week?
  • Physically_Insane 9 Nov 2012 22:36:38 8,657 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Also, I fucking love this game. Almost as addictive as drugs.
  • Venatio Event Features Manager, Gamer Network 10 Nov 2012 11:01:46 4,621 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I've found the new training system to be both simplified and confusing at the same time. I think it's probably a positive change overall. Training is one of those dull things I would rather not worry about but at the same time I don't want to be punished by "not getting it". As long as my players vaguely improve that's all I really care about.

And, yes, super addictive as ever. Wing backs and AMCs seem to be lethal in this year's game.

• Fydria 10 Nov 2012 13:26:45 561 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I've put in a few seasons now and I'm not sure if I'm going to do much more. I've enjoyed moments in the game, but for me the whole match day experience feels far to scripted. I remember back in the old CM's where you just read the commentary and the tension and excitement just seemed a lot better because you were following the match minute by minute.

In FM the game stops until there's a highlight which half the time you can predict exactly what will happen. (Eg: If one team is keeping procession for around a minute you know that they will end up scoring from the move in the end - or in matches you'll go through a succession of corners and you if you don't score the first you won't score from the rest).

In my opinion what would be far better would be full matches scaled down to 5-6 mins where you are watching the entire match and can then make changes as you watch to try and influence matches. Nothing more frustrating than losing a game in the 80th minute so you decide to switch to all out attack and the timer ticks by without a single highlight till full time.

TLDR: I love FM and the detail but I still find the whole match day experience a bit of a let down.
  • Stickman 10 Nov 2012 13:35:22 29,662 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Watch the whole match if it bothers you. CM was only text commentary of highlights anyway. Essentially, the game still works in exactly the same way it always has, they've just put action on screen to visually represent the commentary.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

• Fydria 10 Nov 2012 13:48:20 561 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Stickman wrote:
    Watch the whole match if it bothers you. CM was only text commentary of highlights anyway. Essentially, the game still works in exactly the same way it always has, they've just put action on screen to visually represent the commentary.
    Yeah because watching a 90 minute match is viable. The commentary doesn't flow the same as it did in the older games. In the older CM's for example if you won a penalty, you could go in tactics and select who was going to take that penalty, heck even sub a guy on and let him take it, or let your goalie take it (if you we're blitzing a team), try and make that influence in a game of FM and you can't because it's already worked out the result. Don't get me wrong that's not a big deal but I just miss that feeling of control.
  • graysonavich 10 Nov 2012 14:07:01 7,309 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-vQ-Q0RPGElc/UJ5far5cspI/AAAAAAAAGUI/Nofk9Zkgm3g/s0/Fullscreen%2520capture%252010112012%2520140623.jpg

Just made my morning

Edited by graysonavich at 14:07:13 10-11-2012
  • AaronTurner 10 Nov 2012 14:07:28 7,596 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Is this how the game is supposed to look? It's UGLY.

• graysonavich 11 Nov 2012 20:41:33 7,309 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Well the demo just saved me £30. The match engine looks no different and the new UI is fucking horrid.
  • Stickman 12 Nov 2012 11:52:28 29,662 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Yeah, think this will be the first year ever that I just stick with last year's version.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

• graysonavich 14 Nov 2012 22:42:15 7,309 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Couple of evenings into it and the UI is really starting to grow on me. Only 8 hours in but I think I've nearly settled in.
  • Gruff 14 Nov 2012 22:58:24 2,841 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Um, 167 hours in....Welp

Should be a Match Engine fix coming soon, then I will really get into it :)

“It's not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it's not possible to find it elsewhere.”
    ― Agnes Repplier

• graysonavich 17 Nov 2012 10:12:02 7,309 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Anyone found any decent corner tactics yet?

I haven't scored a single goal from a corner all season.
  • graysonavich 18 Nov 2012 10:40:15 7,309 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    If you haven't already, add the new column "New AP" (Asking Price) to your transfer window.

Not sure if it's an over sight they left in, as it seems a bit overpowered.
  • graysonavich 18 Nov 2012 17:36:33 7,309 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Getting a bit fucked off with disallowed goals. At least 1 per game. It's getting so silly.
  • Popzeus 23 Nov 2012 10:39:03 8,272 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Was bound to happen eventually: first club to appoint an unknown manager based on FM skillz.

Keep sending those CVs in.

Currently playing: Standing In A Car Park Simulator 2013

• Venatio Event Features Manager, Gamer Network 23 Nov 2012 10:44:28 4,621 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    He's going to be screwed when he realises you can't score 50 goals a season using a corner glitch in real life.

• THFourteen 23 Nov 2012 10:46:13 32,880 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    PLEASE let my wife have bought me this for my birthday
  • Venatio Event Features Manager, Gamer Network 23 Nov 2012 10:47:56 4,621 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Haven't played for a couple of weeks. Was waiting for the patch which I think hit a couple of days ago.

• graysonavich 24 Nov 2012 17:35:21 7,309 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Patch hasn't been kind to my tactics.

Exactly the same team, exactly the same players. Gone from finishing #2 to currently sitting rock bottom at Christmas.

This is where I start blaming the match engine bugs right?:)
  • Gruff 24 Nov 2012 17:49:29 2,841 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    graysonavich wrote:
    Patch hasn't been kind to my tactics.

Exactly the same team, exactly the same players. Gone from finishing #2 to currently sitting rock bottom at Christmas.

This is where I start blaming the match engine bugs right?:)
    Still a few bugs, to be sure.

But finding post patch, its more rewarding and is actually using football type logic.

Had to re jig my tactics, but have found a happy balance now and am really enjoying.

Shots are way down after the patch (needed) but still needs tweaking which SI have said will come in a new update before Christmas

Now my most played FM in ages

“It's not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it's not possible to find it elsewhere.”
    ― Agnes Repplier

• graysonavich 24 Nov 2012 22:55:31 7,309 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Fuck me I HATE this patch. They've stealth removed the Asking Price column I mentioned earlier.
  • SFD 25 Nov 2012 03:18:50 481 posts
    Seen 51 seconds ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Kinda enjoyed it until the patch, but the games are just boring now. They needed to tone down the shots\chances per game, but it's been over done.

S.I are lucky they have no real competition, because having to basically beta test the game for the first few months of release is getting really tedious.
  • RedSparrows 25 Nov 2012 09:16:20 22,070 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    What
  • Page

of 9 First / Last