Football Manager 2013 Page 3

• Page

of 9 First / Last

• Andee 3 Nov 2012 03:57:31 680 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    PC only I believe. But in a sense the handheld ones are already 'classic' mode,it's just an attempt to offer a similar gameplay pace for the pc market.
  • Physically_Insane 3 Nov 2012 07:33:02 8,667 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    So is this broken? I really want to play it now!!!
  • Deleted user 3 November 2012 08:54:56
    No it isn't. The minor issues from the beta are gone.
  • MadCaddy13 3 Nov 2012 09:21:54 1,858 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I had a quick look at classic mode and instantly disliked it. I like all the realness off it all such as the under 18s squad, the staff etc. not looking forward to sorting all the training out mind.
  • AaronTurner 3 Nov 2012 10:55:19 7,602 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Is there actually anything new in this version other than classic mode?
  • Orange 3 Nov 2012 11:15:53 4,675 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    It does seem very similar so far, no real change in player database.
  • Physically_Insane 3 Nov 2012 11:39:48 8,667 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Downloading now. I really hope it's easier to sell players. If I have a player valued at 30m with years left on his contract and lots of clubs are interested I expect bids of at least 40m +.
  • MadCaddy13 3 Nov 2012 12:37:12 1,858 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Physically_Insane wrote:
    Downloading now. I really hope it's easier to sell players. If I have a player valued at £30m with years left on his contract and lots of clubs are interested I expect bids of at least £40m .
    Yeh but you'll probably get bids with 30 monthly instalments and all that.
  • MadCaddy13 3 Nov 2012 18:01:03 1,858 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    So I take it Porto and benfica are called FCP and SLB respectively because of legal issues?
  • MadCaddy13 4 Nov 2012 01:05:12 1,858 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    God dammit I just can't take losing on this game!! I try to contain it but I just flip out. Shouldn't of bought this - it's probably cost me a laptop
  • graysonavich 5 Nov 2012 18:43:51 7,309 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Skidrow version leaked at all the usual places.

60% of the playerbase in 2012 used the Skidrow version.

Support your local indie!
  • MysteryLamb 5 Nov 2012 18:47:25 525 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I used to be pretty good at this game. Now I'm one full season in and I've been sacked twice! All I can get is a job at Gainsborough... I refuse to restart though.
  • heavy_salad 5 Nov 2012 19:10:33 716 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    MadCaddy13 wrote:
    So I take it Porto and benfica are called FCP and SLB respectively because of legal issues?
    I wouldn't have thought so - it's just a shortened version of their name, if you click on them their full name comes up doesn't it?
  • MadCaddy13 5 Nov 2012 20:08:37 1,858 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    heavy_salad wrote:
    MadCaddy13 wrote:
    I wouldn't have thought so - it's just a shortened version of their name, if you click on them their full name comes up doesn't it?
    I looked everywhere for the name but couldn't find it so I had to google the initials followed by Portugal
  • Deleted user 5 November 2012 20:37:04
    graysonavich wrote:
    Skidrow version leaked at all the usual places.

60% of the playerbase in 2012 used the Skidrow version.

Support your local indie!
    :(

I wonder how much better they would make this if they could get all of those paying each year.
  • Fydria 5 Nov 2012 20:45:57 561 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    MadCaddy13 wrote:
    You can download a file that updates all the team names / competitions. I don't know if theres a FM13 version yet but I acquired a FM12 the other day and it was save game compatible too and I found it here

Edited by Fydria at 20:46:48 05-11-2012
  • Slurmseh 5 Nov 2012 23:34:01 2,334 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Trying out a game with PSV. Decent enough players but barely any money.
  • vijay_UK 6 Nov 2012 08:53:56 2,082 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Slurmseh wrote:
    Seems the case for many, if not most clubs unless you go for the obvious moneybags. I suppose that's where the challenge lies and feels quite realistic also, with clubs spending close to or above what they should be on player wages. I think there is the bar that can be adjusted (wages per week/transfer budget).
  • Physically_Insane 6 Nov 2012 08:59:00 8,667 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Top of the league with Crystal Palace after 15 games. Now on a streak of 16 games without a win. I see morale still dictates 90% of the game. I'm not sure if I should change tactics because I dominate every game (shots on target and possesion). I've had two or three games where the opposition have scored to win it in injury time. FUCK
  • MadCaddy13 6 Nov 2012 12:27:04 1,858 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Physically_Insane wrote:
    Top of the league with Crystal Palace after 15 games. Now on a streak of 16 games without a win. I see morale still dictates 90% of the game. I'm not sure if I should change tactics because I dominate every game (shots on target and possesion). I've had two or three games where the opposition have scored to win it in injury time. FUCK
    I wish I could be like you. If that were me I would of rage quit after the 4th winless game.
  • Physically_Insane 6 Nov 2012 12:44:57 8,667 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    MadCaddy13 wrote:
    Physically_Insane wrote:
    I wish I could be like you. If that were me I would of rage quit after the 4th winless game.
    I would have if I was a team with high expectations. Luckly, my board expected me to finish near the bottom, so that keeps me going... for now.
  • vijay_UK 6 Nov 2012 16:36:55 2,082 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Physically_Insane wrote:
    Another Eagle! Would you be kind and tell us what you did to get to with Palace? :)
  • Physically_Insane 6 Nov 2012 16:49:53 8,667 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Zaha up front as lone striker has the pace to run past any defence in the championship, so built the team round him. I play 4-3-3, although it's basically 4-5-1. I recycled my tactics from last year. Short passing, alwasy press for the ball, drill crosses into the box, fluid playing style so wingers and Zaha have freedom to overlap etc. Works well since I have five midfielders. Also made my groundsman make my pitch as small as it can go so teams who play lots of long balls have trouble.

Seemed to work for the first 15 or so games, and I guess it's still working since I dominate every game, but I can't buy a fucking win!
  • THFourteen 6 Nov 2012 16:51:50 32,904 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Sounds like Zaha needs a rest ;)
  • Physically_Insane 6 Nov 2012 16:54:01 8,667 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    He's injured. :D
  • superdelphinus 6 Nov 2012 18:06:05 8,035 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I've not really played this since 2010 but tried the demo. I was utterly bored of it within 30 minutes, there is just too much to take in and consider now I think
  • Fydria 6 Nov 2012 18:18:24 561 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    superdelphinus wrote:
    I've not really played this since 2010 but tried the demo. I was utterly bored of it within 30 minutes, there is just too much to take in and consider now I think
    That's what classic mode is for. It's FM lite, but I find it enjoyable. Flying through the matches like old school CM.
  • vijay_UK 6 Nov 2012 20:45:44 2,082 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Physically_Insane wrote:
    Zaha up front as lone striker has the pace to run past any defence in the championship, so built the team round him. I play 4-3-3, although it's basically 4-5-1. I recycled my tactics from last year. Short passing, alwasy press for the ball, drill crosses into the box, fluid playing style so wingers and Zaha have freedom to overlap etc. Works well since I have five midfielders. Also made my groundsman make my pitch as small as it can go so teams who play lots of long balls have trouble.

Seemed to work for the first 15 or so games, and I guess it's still working since I dominate every game, but I can't buy a fucking win!
    Thanks for that, sounds good although I am surprised that short passing worked in the Championship.
  • ibenam 6 Nov 2012 21:32:07 1,352 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Slurmseh wrote:
    Didnt think it was out yet?

I though i read handheld version out sometime this year..
  • ibenam 6 Nov 2012 21:33:07 1,352 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    LOL I thought you meant PS Vita, just realised you meant PSV Eindhoven!
  • Page

of 9 First / Last