Football Manager 2013

• Page

of 9 First / Last

Previous
  • philreeduk 18 Oct 2012 16:19:03 280 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Just noticed there wasn't a thread for this! Beta is out tomorrow apparently for people who have pre-ordered whos excited? Personally looking forward to trying the new modes and finally being able to have easy networked games!!
  • Gruff 18 Oct 2012 16:37:53 2,842 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Yep couldn't turn my nose up at it for £19.50

Enjoyed the difficulty of 2012, seems set just right if you play it on Sunday league manager difficulty.

Hopefully 2013 has better match engine graphics and better AI manager transfer dealings, then I will be happy guiding Farnbourgh to the football League

“It's not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it's not possible to find it elsewhere.”
    ― Agnes Repplier

• graysonavich 18 Oct 2012 16:41:44 7,309 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Hoping for less media manager sim. Classi mode for me I guess
  • faux_carnation 18 Oct 2012 17:35:41 9,092 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Why would you bother playing the beta when the release is generally a buggy mess for the first 6 months anyway?

Boatmurdered FC

• StarchildHypocrethes 18 Oct 2012 17:42:09 25,430 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Classic mode has definitely increased my interest in this.
  • philreeduk 18 Oct 2012 17:48:17 280 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Gruff £19.50? wow that's cheap damn me and my impulse buying on steam...

@faux_carnation it's name is a beta, but it is a pretty much near finished final version of the game. everyone says there are terrible bugs just after release but i have never run into any problems!
  • Gruff 18 Oct 2012 17:49:41 2,842 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    faux_carnation wrote:
    Why would you bother playing the beta when the release is generally a buggy mess for the first 6 months anyway?
    I always live in hope that they will release a good one out of the box.

/ Eternal Optimist

“It's not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it's not possible to find it elsewhere.”
    ― Agnes Repplier

• Gruff 18 Oct 2012 17:51:12 2,842 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    philreeduk wrote:
    @Gruff £19.50? wow that's cheap damn me and my impulse buying on steam...

@faux_carnation it's name is a beta, but it is a pretty much near finished final version of the game. everyone says there are terrible bugs just after release but i have never run into any problems!
    Green man Gaming

Heard some horror stories, but I have my code, and it waiting in steam for the Beta, so we will see I guess.

― Agnes Repplier

• heavy_salad 18 Oct 2012 18:18:15 716 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Beta is live now folks.
  • Gruff 18 Oct 2012 18:24:36 2,842 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @heavy_salad Awesome, ta.

That's me fecked for work tomorrow, and the next few months then

― Agnes Repplier

• philreeduk 18 Oct 2012 19:28:39 280 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Gruff I've just started my master's course seriously contemplating whether i should download this or not!
  • vijay_UK 18 Oct 2012 19:40:55 2,082 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I find the searching for facepacks and downloading/installing of facepacks far too tedious. Then there are the skins, club logos, competition logos, balls, and whatever else.

Each year I buy the game it feels incomplete by omitting such things. It's easy to say 'well don't download it' - but it's silly to release a game and only have faces attached to certain clubs such as Barca and Real. There are more than just those 2 teams out there.

FMC is the pull for me this year, but may leave it as I remember the hassle from last year.
  • THFourteen 18 Oct 2012 19:43:18 32,904 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Its on my birthday amazon wishlist and hopefully my mrs takes the hint!

Definitely interested in the classic mode, the recent ones have been too busy for me to get into no matter how much I try, I play for about 20 hours and I've done about 10 games. And I still prefer to play on the laptop than on a phone / tablet...
  • Gruff 18 Oct 2012 20:42:31 2,842 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @philreeduk Well judging by the two destroyed relationships I have had because of the game, I think you should be cautious :)

Saying that, me likey lots, match engine now somewhat resembles footy.

Still finding my way around the interface, where has the training gone for example?

― Agnes Repplier

• heavy_salad 18 Oct 2012 21:52:53 716 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @vijay_UK Just download the 'mega-packs' from SortitoutSI.

Also, no reason why you can't copy you graphics folder across from FM12.

And I'm guessing the reason the graphics aren't included in the vanilla game for most teams is down to licencing issues rather than laziness.

Edited by heavy_salad at 21:54:03 18-10-2012
  • Gruff 18 Oct 2012 22:24:11 2,842 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    heavy_salad wrote:

That's what I did, change to reload skin and then clear cache and Bobs your uncle, Fannies your Aunt

― Agnes Repplier

• vijay_UK 19 Oct 2012 10:28:59 2,082 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    heavy_salad wrote:
    @vijay_UK Just download the 'mega-packs' from SortitoutSI.

And I'm guessing the reason the graphics aren't included in the vanilla game for most teams is down to licencing issues rather than laziness.
    Mr/Ms. Salad,

Thx for your reply. Advice taken and, for yet another season, will attempt to emulate Djimi Traore and win the Champions League with Liverpool.

Edited by vijay_UK at 10:31:08 19-10-2012

Edited by vijay_UK at 10:31:32 19-10-2012
  • thedaveeyres 19 Oct 2012 10:46:31 10,713 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'm really quite excited for this, which is ridiculous as the time I have these days to play is so severely restricted. Not played one since FM2010 so I've given myself some breathing space freshness-wise in the series.

D****** ******r

XBLA: Hamster Trippin
    Steam: thedaveeyres
    PSN: HamsterTrippin

• philreeduk 19 Oct 2012 23:28:16 280 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Gruff too late it's already destroyed my friday night and now probably the rest of the year!

Has anyone noticed this one is a lot more difficult than previous years? playing a game as Man Utd, signed Bale & Fellani so thought my team was in a good shape. First three games against Swansea, Reading and Wigan and i currently have 2 points! damn Van Persie missing two penalties in one game!
  • Shikasama 19 Oct 2012 23:56:21 6,639 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    philreeduk wrote:
    @Gruff too late it's already destroyed my friday night and now probably the rest of the year!

Has anyone noticed this one is a lot more difficult than previous years? playing a game as Man Utd, signed Bale & Fellani so thought my team was in a good shape. First three games against Swansea, Reading and Wigan and i currently have 2 points! damn Van Persie missing two penalties in one game!
    Not that bloody difficult then!
  • SFD 20 Oct 2012 03:43:17 484 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I had a quick go on the beta and after a few games decided to wait for the full release, as the match engine is a mess.

Everything else seems really good. I didn't play much of FM12, so hopefully this years can ruin my social life like it usually does.
  • MadCaddy13 20 Oct 2012 09:26:37 1,858 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I don't know why I bought this - the last time I played it I had to buy a new laptop due to a rage throw
  • LetsGo 20 Oct 2012 12:06:37 5,175 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Unfortunately the match engine isn't great, is it a new engine? May have to wait till Christmas for the first major patch.

Is man u struggling to stay in the prem on anyone else's game?
  • SFD 20 Oct 2012 12:24:05 484 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    There's a patch to be released in early November when the game is properly released. I know it's a beta but the match engine is a complete mess at the moment. Unplayable.
  • Deleted user 20 October 2012 12:28:24
    It's not unplayable. Quit being such a prissy drama queen.
  • SFD 20 Oct 2012 12:45:16 484 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Aargh. wrote:
    It's not unplayable. Quit being such a prissy drama queen.
    Pretty much every cross to the back post results in a goal. Full backs aren't tackling, nor are teams pressing properly. Not to mention short passing is bugged, central defenders not defending long balls properly and just stand around doing nothing when a ball is loose in the box. I could go on.

The match engine really is a mess, but yea throw another lame insult out there.
  • MysteryLamb 20 Oct 2012 14:08:41 525 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Does anyone know the cheapest place to get this?
    ta.
  • graysonavich 20 Oct 2012 14:11:45 7,309 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    If only there was a way to find out.
  • Gruff 20 Oct 2012 14:17:30 2,842 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Hmmm, I play a high line,pressing, short passing tactic (classic tactics, none of that shouts bollocks) and always start with a non league team.

Players press, keep possession and work angles in the attacking third, so not sure how you can say its bugged TBH.

I have had one occasion where players were standing around while the opposing striker was a on the ball in my area, but its a BETA, so that can be expected.

Not seeing every ball to the back post turning into goals either, I watch full matches as well, and have to say the match engine is a clear step up from last years.

Does seem more difficult as well, but as someone who has NEVER been relegated in an FM game, and I play on Sunday League difficulty, that is well overdue

Loving it, best one yet for me

― Agnes Repplier

• Gruff 20 Oct 2012 14:20:09 2,842 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    graysonavich wrote:
    If only there was a way to find out.
    You might be onto something there, some way to store a repository of information and access it quickly.

― Agnes Repplier

• Page

of 9 First / Last

Previous