The iPad Mini Page 21

  • Page

    of 23 First / Last

  • TarickStonefire 22 Nov 2013 13:06:43 3,128 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    altitude2k wrote:
    mowgli wrote:
    altitude2k wrote:
    So I bought a 1st gen Mini from John Lewis. Turns out it must be unopened to return it.

    But...found out today that because it can be tenuously considered applicable to work I can get an iPad through them. That'll be VAT-free and salary-sacrifice, effectively putting me only £130 out on the new retina Mini or £165 for the iPad Air!

    So the wife has a present to open tomorrow, but she'll have to wait until November depending on her choice of new one.
    ?? Unless they changed their policy in the past month that's just wrong. Guess I won't be ever buying anything from JL anymore!
    Why wouldn't you? They price match and give you a two year warranty.

    The guy may have been misinformed, but I doubt it. He told me categorically not to take off the cellophane if I wanted to return it.
    Doesn't that contravene some law or other?

    Any Netflix library in the world for a couple of quid a month? Gimme!

  • TarickStonefire 22 Nov 2013 13:08:27 3,128 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    M83J01P97 wrote:
    They don't care that there are people out there who prefer to spend less money and get an Android device, because for every one of them, there are about 10 others who will blindly buy anything Apple bring out.
    "blindly" lol. And with that went any chance of this comment being taken remotely seriously.

    Don't suppose you'd even consider so much as entertaining the idea that perhaps, just perhaps, some people do more than just look at the price when they're thinking about buying a phone or tablet?

    Any Netflix library in the world for a couple of quid a month? Gimme!

  • THFourteen 22 Nov 2013 13:13:23 33,595 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Not me

    Gimme my effing ipad already. Not even despatched yet.
  • Tricky 22 Nov 2013 13:14:13 4,411 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Indeed. Loads of PC gamers probably think I'm an idiot for always buying Nvidia cards because AMD cards are usually rated as better bang for your buck. However, given the many driver issues people seem to have with AMD cards I think I make the right decision - price isn't always the deciding factor.
  • MMMarmite 22 Nov 2013 13:23:41 1,055 posts
    Seen 52 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    TarickStonefire wrote:
    altitude2k wrote:
    mowgli wrote:
    altitude2k wrote:
    So I bought a 1st gen Mini from John Lewis. Turns out it must be unopened to return it.

    But...found out today that because it can be tenuously considered applicable to work I can get an iPad through them. That'll be VAT-free and salary-sacrifice, effectively putting me only £130 out on the new retina Mini or £165 for the iPad Air!

    So the wife has a present to open tomorrow, but she'll have to wait until November depending on her choice of new one.
    ?? Unless they changed their policy in the past month that's just wrong. Guess I won't be ever buying anything from JL anymore!
    Why wouldn't you? They price match and give you a two year warranty.

    The guy may have been misinformed, but I doubt it. He told me categorically not to take off the cellophane if I wanted to return it.
    Doesn't that contravene some law or other?
    Nope, there is no law forcing retailers to accept returns just because the product was unwanted. Most retailers offer a returns policy though but stipulate conditions, that you agree to when purchasing, so they can resell the product.
  • Moot_Point 22 Nov 2013 13:30:00 4,150 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    THFourteen wrote:
    Not me

    Gimme my effing ipad already. Not even despatched yet.
    Now I have ordered one of These, I felt like sharing. Nicely priced keyboard cover.

    Edited by Moot_Point at 13:37:15 22-11-2013

    ================================================================================

    mowgli wrote: I thought the 1 married the .2 and founded Islam?

  • yegon 22 Nov 2013 14:10:21 5,300 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    THFourteen wrote:
    Not me

    Gimme my effing ipad already. Not even despatched yet.
    I received mine, now all packaged up ready for the TNT man to collect on Monday. Big green line down centre of display, tsk. Apple sending a replacement by "priority" mail...delivers Dec 5 onwards, pfft.

    Still, had a good play one with the retina Mini, it's ace (flaw aside), and I no longer have that gimme gimme feeling to get my replacement. Looking forward to receiving it again of course, but using my old mini in the mean time won't kill me.





    Edited by yegon at 17:50:11 22-11-2013
  • Fake_Blood 22 Nov 2013 14:32:47 4,220 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I got the new mini earlier this week and I have a yellow-ish screen.
    Apple told me to go to the store I got it from, but I'm reading online that replacements have it too. If I even get a new one. And I keep noticing it now.
  • THFourteen 22 Nov 2013 16:40:52 33,595 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @yegon

    oh noes!

    sorry to hear that mate. Im just on the way home from Kingston with my new one. Hope its not yellow!

    Any of you guys sold your old minis?
    what kind of price did you get?
    my site of choice rpc recycle only offering 185 for a 32gb 4ģ mini.

    tempted to ebay. It's a bit more hassle and paypal fees tho
  • yegon 22 Nov 2013 17:58:10 5,300 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    THFourteen wrote:
    @yegon

    sorry to hear that mate. Im just on the way home from Kingston with my new one. Hope its not yellow!
    How is yours? I've updated my post above, check out the funky display fault!
  • THFourteen 22 Nov 2013 19:11:36 33,595 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Want to check it out tomorrow in daylight, looks ok to me in dim lounge light but I am seeing yellow tinge that May or may not exist, I'm basically paranoid now. If I hadn't known about it I wouldn't notice anything :-)

    Weird fault there! Not seem that before.

    Coming from a mini to a retina mini is like night and day in every single respect, apart from weight, it's like a brand new device! Games look amazing, and it's SO fast and whizzy compared to the old one.

    Even the mrs noticed the difference and she always complains I'm wasting my money.
  • THFourteen 23 Nov 2013 09:23:52 33,595 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I may just be imagining stuffs, but its EVER so slightly yellow right at the bottom. Maybe.

    Don't think i'd have noticed if I didn't know the issue existed.

    Will hang onto it for a week and see what I reckon.

    Oh, the black smartcover is quite nice, it feels nice and rubbery to the touch O_o
  • insert10p 23 Nov 2013 10:38:26 41 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 11 months ago
    THFourteen wrote:
    I may just be imagining stuffs, but its EVER so slightly yellow right at the bottom. Maybe.

    Don't think i'd have noticed if I didn't know the issue existed.

    Will hang onto it for a week and see what I reckon.

    Oh, the black smartcover is quite nice, it feels nice and rubbery to the touch O_o
    I have the black smart case on mine. It is miles better than the previous smart case as this one actually fits nice and is made of the new material that the 5s case is made from. Quality case but then at £55 it really should be!
  • Benno 23 Nov 2013 11:01:39 9,927 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Are a lot of these new ipads faulty? My work colleague mentioned something about calling apple about a yellow tinge. I wasn't really listening.
  • Fake_Blood 23 Nov 2013 11:26:41 4,220 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Mine has it, bottom of the screen in portrait is yellow.
    Just went back to the store and they wouldn't give me a new one.
    Will hit up apple support later. It's subtle but it's one of those things that can't be unseen.
  • THFourteen 23 Nov 2013 11:57:32 33,595 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Wouldn't give you a new one? Just return it then, should be a no questions asked return policy.
  • TarickStonefire 24 Nov 2013 07:03:35 3,128 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    There hasn't ever been an iOS device released that hasn't been accompanied with complaints about the screen being either too yellow or too blue. Seen those comments with every new generation released.

    Not saying the issue is imagined, just saying it's not new.

    Any Netflix library in the world for a couple of quid a month? Gimme!

  • PrivateFloyd 25 Nov 2013 18:52:04 4,142 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I'm selling my ipad mini slate colour 16gb wifi (1st gen)

    boxed pretty much as new, little usage. Been in a case since purchased which is included. It's a cygnett armour case worth about £30.

    Looking for £200 inc. postage or nearest sensible offer before it goes on eBay.

    PM if interested.

    Goat is hungry.....

  • Moot_Point 25 Nov 2013 19:20:53 4,150 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    My new keyboard/cover came today. Works like a charm, well worth £30.

    ================================================================================

    mowgli wrote: I thought the 1 married the .2 and founded Islam?

  • THFourteen 27 Nov 2013 19:14:18 33,595 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Sold mine on gumtree, picked up today and got cash in hand... Awesome!
  • DaM 27 Nov 2013 20:09:58 13,261 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    TarickStonefire wrote:
    M83J01P97 wrote:
    They don't care that there are people out there who prefer to spend less money and get an Android device, because for every one of them, there are about 10 others who will blindly buy anything Apple bring out.
    "blindly" lol. And with that went any chance of this comment being taken remotely seriously.

    Don't suppose you'd even consider so much as entertaining the idea that perhaps, just perhaps, some people do more than just look at the price when they're thinking about buying a phone or tablet?
    I've been keeping an eye on tablet/mobile usage on my business websites. Apple have about 30% market share (for tablets) but in terms of tablet users on my sites, they account for 90% of the usage (and it's in the 1000s, so a reasonable sample size). That suggests to me that people may be buying more Android tablets - but they aren't using them to the same extent as Apple products.

    In my house, the kids have each got an Android tablet. I've got a Nexus 7. They are rarely charged. Ours iPads are in constant use, fought over.
  • PrivateFloyd 27 Nov 2013 22:56:24 4,142 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @THFourteen

    How much you get bud?

    And what model did you have?

    Goat is hungry.....

  • yegon 28 Nov 2013 11:34:48 5,300 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    My replacement is being delivered today, fingers crossed it's not another duffer!

    Edit: It has arrived, it is good, I am happy, I am going now.

    Edited by yegon at 18:20:29 28-11-2013
  • mrpon 29 Nov 2013 08:00:37 28,983 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Some Black Friday deals for today only, seems to be roughly 9% off most things:

    iPad Air: was £399 now £368
    iPad Mini: was £249 now £234
    Other deals on Touch, Macs etc..

    No deals on iPad Mini Retina or cases.

    Store

    Give yourself £5 or ½ gig, you're worth it.

  • StixxUK 29 Nov 2013 09:26:01 7,255 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Damn good price on the air, very tempted!
  • THFourteen 29 Nov 2013 09:45:56 33,595 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    yegon wrote:
    My replacement is being delivered today, fingers crossed it's not another duffer!

    Edit: It has arrived, it is good, I am happy, I am going now.
    Sweet!

    Its honestly one of the best devices i've ever owned. Even without enough gamut, its great!

    Next year, iPad Mini Air?
  • THFourteen 3 Dec 2013 09:32:25 33,595 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    There are but just for the iPhone 5 right now.

    Think touch screen gaming is excelent with the right game.

    almost finished KOTOR which is about 30hours according to my save game.

    Also stuff like xcom works really well plus point n clicks like broken sword and walking dead. Or driving games too


    think you just need to avoid shooters and such.

    Edited by THFourteen at 09:32:42 03-12-2013
  • dominalien 3 Dec 2013 10:11:31 6,935 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Baldur's Gate, too. I'm having a blast. Refreshingly old school and punishing, as well. :-)

    PSN: DonOsito

  • THFourteen 3 Dec 2013 10:57:42 33,595 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'm halfway through BG. Its as hard as I remember :-)

    Waiting for the next patch before I go back to it as its meant to change quite a bit in terms of UI I believe
  • Page

    of 23 First / Last

Log in or register to reply