Crazy Taxi on iOS control woes

• Page

of 1

Previous Next
  • martinspoon 16 Oct 2012 21:42:29 3 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    First of all, I love Crazy Taxi and I think the iOS version (when played on iPad) is an excellent conversion... With one exception.

Is it possible to "limit cut" in this version? The original required a tricky gas, reverse, gas, accelerate combination which was hard, but required for the top times.

Looking at the leader boards, I'm not sure it can be done - I'm doing pretty well on arcade mode without any limit cutting, but it's virtually impossible to complete Crazy Box stage S-S (a complete circuit of the arcade map) without it. However, when I look at the leader boards for that (and acknowledging there is some cheating going on) it looks like some people can do it with 30s to spare - so that makes me think it CAN be done!

This isn't stopping me having fun, but I'd love to know either way. Any other Crazy Taxi fans here??
  • Syrette 16 Oct 2012 21:56:59 44,211 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Another game not suited to a little screen and touchscreen controls.

• martinspoon 16 Oct 2012 22:02:03 3 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @Syrette I agree with you when it comes to the iPhone, but the iPad version handles really really well, and as a big fan of the arcade original, I think it holds up! Crazy dash and crazy drift are easier to pull off, whether thats good or bad is up for debate. my only issue is the limit break technique!
  • Syrette 16 Oct 2012 22:04:53 44,211 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Apologies, missed you specifying the platform.

• martinspoon 21 Oct 2012 21:53:10 3 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    If anyone is interested, I've made some progress. It IS possible to limit cut, and to stack them like you could do in the original version, reaching speeds up to 220km/h. Unfortunately, I'm not sure what I'm doing to achieve this!! I think I have to be at the regular max speed of ~140 to start with, then a repeated tap then hold of 'Drive' gets the limit cut, but I don't know for certain how many taps, what the starting condition is, and what the optimal usage it.

I'm one of less than 500 people on Game Centre to finish S-S though :-)
  • Page

of 1

Previous Next