Prison Architect

• Page

of 2 First / Last

Previous
  • spamdangled 13 Oct 2012 01:18:25 27,269 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Amazingly, there doesn't seem to be a thread for this yet from what I can see.

Anyway, this is the new game from Introversion and it looks great.
    Website here.

It's in Alpha at the moment and if you preorder you can gain access to it now. It has adopted a kickstarter-esque model in that the more you pay, the more you get.

Played it at the expo and it's fantastic. Like a much darker theme-hospital. Death row crossed with Weebl and Bob graphics.

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• spamdangled 13 Oct 2012 01:21:26 27,269 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I went for the "Name in the Game" tier.

My rap sheet: After discovering his fiance had spilled coffee over a mint condition Golden Age comic, Dale bludgeoned them to death with an action figure.

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• spamdangled 13 Oct 2012 01:27:25 27,269 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    My sister.

• spamdangled 13 Oct 2012 01:32:40 27,269 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Facepalm wrote:
    Did I just fall in love with darks sister, she's lovely. Erm.
    She's also engaged. Careful now! Anyway, stop going off topic.

• BillMurray 13 Oct 2012 01:36:54 7,607 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I really like the look of this but I've got far, far too many games on the go at the minute.
  • spamdangled 13 Oct 2012 01:37:46 27,269 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    BillMurray wrote:
    I really like the look of this but I've got far, far too many games on the go at the minute.
    It's worth picking up, but I suppose on the plus side you could just wait until it's finally released.

Alpha is good fun though.

• Schmove 28 Nov 2012 17:22:46 107 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Is anyone playing this? I gave up on pc gaming years ago but this game has got me sorely tempted to try the alpha. Is it fun? What would I need to run it?

Might just download this Theme Hospital clone to see if it scratches my itch...

EDIT; correct link!

EDIT; original incorrect link here from reddit to explain the below comment :lol:

Edited by Schmove at 17:26:56 28-11-2012

Edited by Schmove at 17:40:16 28-11-2012
  • Fake_Blood 28 Nov 2012 17:30:39 4,065 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    WTF dude.
  • TarickStonefire 31 Jan 2013 13:15:36 2,897 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    New alpha adds classification of prisoners - anyone played it much yet? Probably giving it a whirl myself this evening. Every alpha adds something good so far, really enjoying watching this game develop before our very eyes :)

Any Netflix library in the world for a couple of quid a month? Gimme!

• Phattso Moderator 31 Mar 2013 07:19:21 13,199 posts
    Seen 51 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I noticed this on Steam today for the first time and, as it had a Mac version, my pointer naturally hovered over the 'buy' button.

Anyone else here in the alpha? How is it going, is it complete enough to warrant a look? Something I've really enjoyed since signing up to a couple of Kickstarters is the weekly updates, is there anything similar here or do you have to go digging on the forums for info?

Cheers in advance for sharing any experiences.
  • spamdangled 31 Mar 2013 08:39:21 27,269 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    There's a new build every few weeks with new features and stuff. I'm really enjoying it. If you like management games, I'd definitely recommend it.

• TarickStonefire 27 Apr 2013 09:55:57 2,897 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Phattso wrote:
    I noticed this on Steam today for the first time and, as it had a Mac version, my pointer naturally hovered over the 'buy' button.

Anyone else here in the alpha? How is it going, is it complete enough to warrant a look? Something I've really enjoyed since signing up to a couple of Kickstarters is the weekly updates, is there anything similar here or do you have to go digging on the forums for info?

Cheers in advance for sharing any experiences.
    It gets better and better every month. Right now it's perfectly playable, there's been loads of bug fixes recently (but still plenty more that crop up), and there's lots of new features.

There is a forum to lurk in, and a place to submit bugs (although it's rare to find one someone else who seemingly plays 24/7 hasn't already submitted), and whenever there's an update they email out a download link and video that covers all the latest new stuff, so you don't have to go digging on forums. If you get the Steam version you don't even need to bother downloading the new version, it auto-updates.

Gameplay-wise, it's no casual affair. Personally I tend to get fed up of running out of money well before I manage to build anything even a fraction as comprehensive as the prisons they use in their monthly demo videos, so I've restarted *a lot*, but you learn from your design mistakes with each restart.

Like the chap above said, the blank slate at the beginning can feel very intimidating, and ultimately once you manage to get a decent cash-flow setup there's not much more to do than watch and expand (ie, it's a goal-less sandbox for now) but it's probably the best sim/management game that isn't out of alpha available right now, and has bucketloads of promise.

Edited by TarickStonefire at 10:00:32 27-04-2013

• superdelphinus 27 Apr 2013 11:20:04 8,016 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Sin city?
  • DamoVotf 30 Apr 2013 13:19:10 518 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I been playing a while as well, balancing the initial cash flows is the hardest bit but its a really interesting game.

I recommend watching the how to videos on you tube they give you some decent ideas of how to start.
  • Tomo 27 Jun 2013 20:08:24 13,879 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    What's the latest on this chaps? It looks really really great but I'm a little concerned that if I get it now, by the time it's finished I will have exhausted it and won't want to continue playing it. Is there a danger of that? Or is it so close to nearly finished that getting in on the act now is almost like buying the real thing anyway?
  • YoshiMcTaggis 27 Jun 2013 20:50:02 2,782 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    It's a good year or so away from finished, at least - by their own admission. Still great fun, but if you want a finished product, best to wait.
  • TarickStonefire 29 Jun 2013 10:05:04 2,897 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    New alpha today :)

• Trafford 29 Jun 2013 10:15:59 5,613 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    This game along with Rome 2 are the reasons I need to buy a pc.
  • DamoVotf 1 Jul 2013 13:34:30 518 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Its a great game that keeps getting better, I generally play 1-2 prisons every update to see what changes. But there is a lot of scope for experimentation (I havent gotten to the stage where you can have multiple wings for different tiers of prisoners) with different layouts etc.

Still some bugs and some fine tuning to be done but its playable and good fun.
  • TarickStonefire 1 Jul 2013 15:10:31 2,897 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I look at what some people have made and am gobsmacked, some real inventive people. I get hamstrung trying to decide what kind of wall/gate system I'm going to use this time.

Should you go for a wall or a wire fence (which is free)?

• TarickStonefire 1 Jul 2013 15:14:24 2,897 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Tomo wrote:
    What's the latest on this chaps? It looks really really great but I'm a little concerned that if I get it now, by the time it's finished I will have exhausted it and won't want to continue playing it. Is there a danger of that? Or is it so close to nearly finished that getting in on the act now is almost like buying the real thing anyway?
    If anyone else is still wondering about this, they're tempted but aren't sure, I personally reckon you should buy in now. It's a statement of support for Introversion, and the game is very playable indeed. And if you feel ennui setting in, just stop playing for a few months. By the time you give it another go there'll be plenty new stuff to tinker with, then step back for a couple more months.

It's also fascinating to see how development progresses, and what a difference a couple of small gameplay tweaks make, alpha to alpha.

Edited by TarickStonefire at 15:14:46 01-07-2013

• teamHAM 1 Jul 2013 15:33:32 2,748 posts
    Seen 35 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Yep, it's a really good game.

I bought in during the first alpha and have my own prisoner in the game, and the game has come on in leaps and bounds since then. Alpha 11 is out now and the features and especially stability fixes available makes for a much better experience.

The fact that it's now on Steam takes the annoyance away as having to manually update every patch was a pain.

Yes there are still bugs, but they are making tangible progress on reducing them patch on patch and on top of that the game plays a lot better on my machine than it did a few patches ago which suggests their code really is a lot more stable.

If you are into Theme Hospital like games and/or like the idea of running a prison, definitely get it. It's easy value for money and the team at Introversion are really nurturing it into something great.

XBox Live, Origin, PSN and Steam: teamHAM

• Page

of 2 First / Last

Previous