The screenshot artcock thread for pseudnonces

• Page

of 2 First / Last

Previous
  • Deleted user 10 October 2012 16:24:25
    As the other guy left in a huff, we should contine the discussion here.

Look at the dichotomy between green and grey, with the omnipresent black text giving an additional layer of motif. Ostensibly a terrior of gaming culture, one can virtually feel the transicient umlaut inherent to the contrary views. Exquisite.
  • sport 10 Oct 2012 16:36:10 12,743 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Indeed

/strokes goatee
    /nods
  • LeoliansBro 10 Oct 2012 16:36:55 44,321 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The counterbalance of the homosexual love, carefully split over two lines to emphasise the dichotomy of these two very different people engaging in, no committed to, something beautiful, with the final word left hanging as a lingering invitation to the player-reader to participate, imbues the prose with a poetic warmth and understanding that belies the base origins and prosaic poetry or the author-poet-writer's intent.

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• Steve_Perry 10 Oct 2012 16:39:08 4,278 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    http://www.atarimania.com/2600/screens/custer_s_revenge_pal_2.gif

Love in gaming.

VIVA STEFANSEN

• RedSparrows 10 Oct 2012 16:39:32 22,779 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    meme, you missed the interestingly biological significance of the dividing line between description and action. It's clear this work goes to great pains to elucidate the perceived difference between external and internal, between cause and effect in both reception/response and inception/response: the cellular wall is there to both protect, but also to allow internal space through and in which the agent can perform. Biological imperatives dictate to, then allow, contra-biological responses, normative alterations, and then even create conditions to undo themselves, leading to a regressive circle - a circle, or cycle, that says one thing: this is life, and it must be lived.

---

I almost convinced myself then.

Edited by RedSparrows at 16:46:00 10-10-2012
  • RedSparrows 10 Oct 2012 16:40:35 22,779 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    p.s. new favourite thread
  • Steve_Perry 10 Oct 2012 16:42:21 4,278 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Bibbly bobbly boo bah.

VIVA STEFANSEN

• X201 10 Oct 2012 16:46:38 15,491 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Too many pseuds.
    Not enough pics
  • neilka 10 Oct 2012 16:47:44 15,991 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    /scrawls on screenshot with marker pen

A map is like comparing velocity and speed.

• LeoliansBro 10 Oct 2012 16:48:04 44,321 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Tonight's homework is 2,000 words on the following:

Chuckie Egg's Boxing Gloves: A Study of the Awareness of Reflexive Fragility and the Need to Counterbalance Proactive Assertion and Reactive Deflection in Video Games, 1980 - 1995.

• RedSparrows 10 Oct 2012 16:48:36 22,779 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    neilka wrote:
    /scrawls on screenshot with marker pen
    HEATHEN!/GENIUS!
  • MetalDog 10 Oct 2012 16:49:58 23,697 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I feel a sense of loss at missing the thread that sparked this one.

-- boobs do nothing for me, I want moustaches and chest hair.

• Deleted user 10 October 2012 16:52:08
    MetalDog wrote:
    http://www.ludographer.com/
  • LeoliansBro 10 Oct 2012 16:52:47 44,321 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    This thread is better. Much better.

• Deleted user 10 October 2012 16:58:50

Often there is a tendancy to overlook more commonplace intrinsics like the arch of Blanka's foot, the artist clearly trying to indicate that, whilst a beast, he retains a part that obsequiously yearns for a humanity lost. Contrast with the hunch of Ryu, the hand on chin reminiscent of Rodin's The Thinker. Perhaps he is saying that, within this blue world we find something spectral, something intangible, and that concordant with Blanka's inhumanity/humanity dilemma, that true zen can only be achieved when the colevelent elements engage fully with their own integral devolution.
  • MetalDog 10 Oct 2012 17:00:29 23,697 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    meme wrote:
    MetalDog wrote:
    http://www.ludographer.com/
    Oh my.

-- boobs do nothing for me, I want moustaches and chest hair.

• MightyMetalMonkey 10 Oct 2012 17:02:48 600 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    He may be singing 'Gold' but we understand what he truly means.
    And that may be the universal message for us all, one of understanding and love and most of all, moistness.
  • RedSparrows 10 Oct 2012 17:04:48 22,779 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    meme wrote:

Often there is a tendancy to overlook more commonplace intrinsics like the arch of Blanka's foot, the artist clearly trying to indicate that, whilst a beast, he retains a part that obsequiously yearns for a humanity lost. Contrast with the hunch of Ryu, the hand on chin reminiscent of Rodin's The Thinker. Perhaps he is saying that, within this blue world we find something spectral, something intangible, and that concordant with Blanka's inhumanity/humanity dilemma, that true zen can only be achieved when the colevelent elements engage fully with their own integral devolution.
    I think you are quite wrong. Note the central piece: a picture of a snake in a basket holding a trombone, out of which grow Lotus flowers. This is clearly reminiscent of Aufenfasseur's seminal modernist text of 1923: Why I like to eat Bamboo, in which the Sino-Swiss writer outlined the chief problem of duality: ourselves. Blanka and Ryu are the same. Remember what the snake with the cornet said in the closing pages: 'For I am a snake with a cornet. I yearn to be in its tubes, but instead I must hold it, like Atlas holding his own world.' They long to be in one another.

So all your talk of integral devolution is clearly tosh. This is self-evidently about identity melange and dissolution of conscience through combat - or, possibly, more controversially, homosexual-beastial-sado-masochist-sex?

Edited by RedSparrows at 17:05:38 10-10-2012
  • MightyMetalMonkey 10 Oct 2012 17:09:02 600 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    RedSparrows wrote:
    meme wrote:

I think you are quite wrong. Note the central piece: a picture of a snake in a basket holding a trombone, out of which grow Lotus flowers. This is clearly reminiscent of Aufenfasseur's seminal modernist text of 1923: Why I like to eat Bamboo, in which the Sino-Swiss writer outlined the chief problem of duality: ourselves. Blanka and Ryu are the same. Remember what the snake with the cornet said in the closing pages: 'For I am a snake with a cornet. I yearn to be in its tubes, but instead I must hold it, like Atlas holding his own world.' They long to be in one another.

So all your talk of integral devolution is clearly tosh. This is self-evidently about identity melange and dissolution of conscience through combat - or, possibly, more controversially, homosexual-beastial-sado-masochist-sex?
    No no, that is clearly meant to be the Hindu God Ganeesha, Presiding in his ultimate wisdom over the very visceral battle to define the ages. Ryu is clearly representing an everyman (Albeit a buff and slightly hunched everyman) whilst Blanka is the indomitable force of Nature whom he must overcome if there is to be hope for us all, or at least a second round...
  • RedSparrows 10 Oct 2012 17:09:32 22,779 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    That's far too sensible, who gave you funding?!!
  • MightyMetalMonkey 10 Oct 2012 17:23:12 600 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    The lotto Arts Council ?
  • LeoliansBro 10 Oct 2012 17:26:04 44,321 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The inherent racial tensions of the 80s

This is an image full of motion, and one in which the viewer cannot avoid participating in. The protagonist, untroubled by vraisemblance, his eyes deliberately distorted to saucers and his hair suggestive of prison bars, clearly fears for his life. His pursuers, indistinct but undeniably apartheid-era South Africans, charge after him with jutting Neanderthal chins, eyes narrowed as they bear down like a baying mob. But this is no vista for the viewer, who instead is forced to stand rooted as the turmoil unfolds directly towards him. Surely he is also forced to take sides, and explore the inner depths of his own prejudices with questions such as 'Which of these races is the true owner of the number '1' when both claim it' and 'There's a black man charging towards me, I hope he's Daley Thompson, or at least not armed'.

• SpaceDave3000 10 Oct 2012 17:46:09 78,223 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I'm surprised that no ones yet mentioned that the mechanical mark-making, the very purity of line, contextualize a participation in the critical dialogue of the 90s. I find this work menacing/playful due to the optical suggestions of an overpowering sexual signifier which seems very disturbing in light of the participants in the critical dialogue of both the nouveaux homonymous with heavy ethno-asian overtones.

And Blanka is clearly gay.

+1 / Like / Tweet this post

• Dr.Haggard 10 Oct 2012 18:10:08 4,209 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    So what happened to that 'Ludography' guy? Did the thread get ugly in the half hour or so I wasn't looking or did he just delete it?
  • Bremenacht 10 Oct 2012 18:13:07 18,335 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago

Hmmm.

yes
  • RedSparrows 10 Oct 2012 18:17:49 22,779 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Poor guy :(
  • Lukus 10 Oct 2012 18:18:08 19,121 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I missed it too, but I'm guessing it went something like this:

Hey Ludo, you write like a child who just watched an episode of Sister Wendy, only with less honesty and ability.

At least that's what I would have said. Or something similar, but better.

Paintings & Photographs

• Trowel 10 Oct 2012 18:21:59 17,788 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I call this Eighty one ways to die

It's a study on the futility of office life.
  • ED209 10 Oct 2012 18:28:35 505 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @LeoliansBro That Is absolutely brilliant. Just thought I should let you know as getting so much as a 'lol' out of these cunts is like getting Jimmy Saville to disregard an unsupervised paraplegic. Now come downstairs for your dinner, dear.
    /LeoliansMum

Samantha Janus?

• Page

of 2 First / Last

Previous