Warning: Unresponsive Script Not Responding

• Page

of 1

Previous Next
  • Deleted user 8 October 2012 20:29:14

This only appears to happen on the Eurogamer site. I'm using Firefox with Windows XP. Firefox crashes and the message appears. Before the message appears, there is the option to tick a box, something about 'Chrome'. The option to tick the box to stop the script fails, and the message appears:

Edited by blacksea at 20:29:48 08-10-2012
  • Deleted user 28 November 2012 18:31:36
    I've ditched Firefox. I liked it in the beginning, but now it seems prone to auto plug-ins. I attempted to put up with IE for a week, but that feels slow. Now I've switched to Google Chrome. I tried it once before I didn't get on with it, but now I've decided to stick with it. So far it's working well, and no lock up's on EG. The only downside to Chrome appears to be the Favourites option - it hasn't been designed all that well. I Googled the issue and there's a lot of complaints out there. All Google need to do is add a Favourites button ;P

Google Chrome seems faster than Firefox. Total bonus!

Edited by blacksea at 18:33:54 28-11-2012
  • Deckard1 28 Nov 2012 18:39:09 27,069 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Been waiting to see how this turned out. Thanks for the update blacksea.
  • OmniaVincitAmor 28 Nov 2012 18:41:30 1,514 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    :)

Defeat is not getting knocked down, but refusing to get back up.

• Deleted user 1 December 2012 20:18:57
    Yay - I discovered the Google Chrome Favourites Button!

Instructions: (how to access Google Chrome Favourites)
    On the right of the screen is a button. Mine is black with 3 white horizontal lines on it. It looks a little like the cover to an extractor fan. Press this button to bring up a Menu. From this Menu select the 4th option down - Bookmarks. Another Window opens up to the left side of the Menu. From this Window Favourites / Bookmarks can be selected. The design seems really half-arsed. Other than this, Google Chrome really is rather good.

Edited by blacksea at 20:19:54 01-12-2012
  • Deleted user 6 December 2012 18:51:06
    I've come across a new fault with Google Chrome. Sound judders. It happens on all YouTube videos and Java games. It's not my computer, as both IE and Firefox play YouTube videos and Java games fine. For the time being i'll stick with Google Chrome and switch to IE for Videos, Audio..
  • Salaman 7 Dec 2012 14:11:55 18,854 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Or just do a google search and fix it in Chrome. No arsing about swapping browsers just to watch videos.
  • Deleted user 12 December 2012 20:00:11
    Salaman wrote:
    Or just do a google search and fix it in Chrome. No arsing about swapping browsers just to watch videos.
    Yeah, I already did that prior to my previous post. There seems like a lot to do. Google should make this a priority fix.
  • Deleted user 12 December 2012 20:17:03
    blacksea wrote:
    Yay - I discovered the Google Chrome Favourites Button!

Instructions: (how to access Google Chrome Favourites)
    On the right of the screen is a button. Mine is black with 3 white horizontal lines on it. It looks a little like the cover to an extractor fan. Press this button to bring up a Menu. From this Menu select the 4th option down - Bookmarks. Another Window opens up to the left side of the Menu. From this Window Favourites / Bookmarks can be selected. The design seems really half-arsed. Other than this, Google Chrome really is rather good.
    Alternatively, open a new tab and select the bookmark you want from the top bar.
  • Page

of 1

Previous Next