Genres that you're not really in to Page 2

• Page

of 2 First / Last

Next
  • andytheadequate 7 Oct 2012 18:32:55 8,375 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I generally find side scrolling beat em ups pretty dull, and I'm awful at fighters.

But the genre I find the dullest are western rpgs, especially loot em ups
  • gelf 7 Oct 2012 18:47:42 188 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Cover shooters. Spending 90% of a game hiding behind knee high walls isn't my idea of fun. Give me unrealistic running out into the line of fire any day.

Also any racing game that isn't Outrun 2. Or in other words any which aims for "realism" meaning one crash usually means end of race.

I'm not big on WRPGs either, I did enjoy Fallout:New Vegas though despite having a lot of the lulls roaming empty areas and running into uninspiring sidequests that I associate with the genre.
  • Zackv4861 7 Oct 2012 18:57:46 1,140 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Not a fan of the generic FPS or beat em ups. I just on't find them fun. I do find myself trying one out wvery now and then if they've been really hyped. Always disapointed though
  • robthehermit 7 Oct 2012 19:04:24 4,332 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I'm no fan of sports or beat em ups, and have none in my collection. I would have added driving games, but then I looked at my shelf and saw NFS Shift, Forza 3, Pure and Burnout Paradise, so seem to have most of the driving game bases covered. In my defence, I don't play any of them very much, if at all. Once upon a time I would have said that FPS held no interest for me either, but over the last 18 months they seem to be taking up ever more space on my shelf, but not the more 'realistic' end of the spectrum, that still holds no interest, but anything goes at the sci fi and fantasy end.

GT: robthehermit

Velim esset mundus iustus futuis procul et mori.

• FuzzyDuck 7 Oct 2012 19:16:39 4,962 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I'll buck the trend of this thread and declare beat 'em ups are my favourite genre by some margin. On my shelf i've got Street Fighter 4, Super Street Fighter 4 AE, Virtua Fighter 5, Soul Calibur 4, Mortal Kombat (Complete Ed.), Tekken 6, Tekken Tag Tournament 2, Blazblue Continuum Shift, King of Fighters 13, Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3. Tatsunoku vs. Capcom and Guilty Gear on the Wii as well.

I'd say that i really don't like RPGs military shooters (probably the dullest genre in existence), but at the same time i'll declare Dark Souls and Bad Company 2 multiplayer two of my favourite games this gen, but they are very much exceptions to the rule.
  • Steve_Perry 7 Oct 2012 19:32:45 5,201 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Stealth.

Assassin's Creed is bloody boring and I have never been as fussed about MGS as most people are.

Wrpgs.

The large open environments should be my thing on paper but I just get really bored and turn em off. Got halfway through Stalker and Fallout 3 before just thinking it was a massive waste of time.
  • Pumpatron 7 Oct 2012 19:37:32 389 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Ironlungs76 wrote:
    Rock Band-esque rhythm games. They just baffle me senseless.

And twitch online shooters (CoD, Halo, Battlefield etc). No interest whatsoever.
    Halo is far more than a twitch online shooter. The mp is only part of it, and compared to COD and BF it isn't a twitch shooter.

I'm with you on music games though.
  • ibenam 7 Oct 2012 19:45:21 1,573 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Stealth games suck big balls.
  • itamae 7 Oct 2012 20:03:59 9,897 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Sports games except for golf (I don't know either)

Most strategy games, particularly real-time ones

Most puzzle games

Casual / mobile phone games

Most first-person shooters

MMORPGs

...it would probably be easier to list the genres that I do enjoy
  • Moot_Point 7 Oct 2012 20:09:39 4,627 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Any console game.

================================================================================

mowgli wrote: I thought the 1 married the .2 and founded Islam?

• FuzzyDuck 7 Oct 2012 20:10:21 4,962 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Pumpatron wrote:
    Ironlungs76 wrote:
    Rock Band-esque rhythm games. They just baffle me senseless.

And twitch online shooters (CoD, Halo, Battlefield etc). No interest whatsoever.
    Halo is far more than a twitch online shooter. The mp is only part of it, and compared to COD and BF it isn't a twitch shooter.

I'm with you on music games though.
    I think Battlefield (well, Bad Company 2 at least) is anything but a twitch shooter; a good squad playing tactically and sweeping across the map can completely blitz the place.
  • andytheadequate 7 Oct 2012 20:15:01 8,375 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Battlefield can be enjoyed without being particularly good at shooting, and some of the best players won't have the best kill death ratio, but it still involves twitch shooting
  • superdelphinus 7 Oct 2012 20:19:33 8,127 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Farming simulation
  • DFawkes 7 Oct 2012 20:24:29 24,098 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    superdelphinus wrote:
    Farming simulation
    You're just sour because you're not hardcore enough for all the seed cultivation action. The new one has the Lamborghini R6 135 if you pre-order. That'll be so exciting it'll blow your eyes clean out your face, you mark my words!

Oh for goodness sake, I've caught my scrotum in my zip again - Margaret Thatcher, 1986

• superdelphinus 7 Oct 2012 20:27:58 8,127 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Heh, I love that advert on steam
  • dancingrob 8 Oct 2012 11:31:51 1,191 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    same as many here, I have little time for Sports Games or Fighters (although I am currently playing Fight Night Champion which kind of covers both I guess!)

Of other genres, I'm not a fan of dungeon crawlers, tower defence or most RTS (although I like the slower games / more turn based stuff) and whilst I'd love to like shmups, my reaction times aren't anything like good enough.
  • DaM 8 Oct 2012 11:41:07 13,538 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    So most of us don't like most games :)
  • Paulie_P 8 Oct 2012 12:17:59 416 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I have a love-hate relationship with fighters. I like them but I suck at them so I generally try to avoid them.

Also really not into rhythm games.
  • ghearoid 8 Oct 2012 12:31:30 2,295 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    FPSs as they give me motion sickness

Driving sims as I'm totally rubbish at them

Pretty much enjoy everything else, esp RPGs, fighters and sports
  • neilka 8 Oct 2012 12:33:12 16,559 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    DaM wrote:
    So most of us don't like most games :)
    spudsbuckley is still working on his post.

BAAANG!!!!! EXPLOTION!!!!!

• Lukus 8 Oct 2012 13:08:27 19,488 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I really hate mind games.

Paintings & Photographs

• Afiddes 8 Oct 2012 13:14:57 1,164 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Anything with multiplayer, when it comes to gaming I llke thinking I am actually quite good at a game and dislike being proven wrong by some potty mouth miscreant (and that's just my gf's cousin haha)

3DS: 5198 2465 6450

• Page

of 2 First / Last

Next