EG Secret Santa, 2012 Page 12

• Page

of 12 First / Last

Next
  • f00b_inc 11 Jan 2013 09:53:51 691 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Christmas and the following couple weeks have been manic so apologies for belated thank you to Santa.

Parcels kept coming through my letterbox all week! I received...

A nosehair trimmer (how did you know??)
    Nanobot robot thingy (which will sit on my desk)
    Gears of War medic kit (themed plasters!)
    Lots and lots of chocolate (eaten)
    A Christmas card*

*I can't read the name on the card though as it's a bit smudged! boo can you do some digging so I know who to construct a shrine (colon snake) too? Unless they want to out themselves :-)

Thanks!

Hope everyone had a great Christmas & New Year, and many thanks again to boo for organising.

I also love whoever else sent a parcel made out to Colon 'Name' Snake. And to my everlasting shame my Santee was spoiler - he was a very naughty boy.

Edited by f00b_inc at 16:53:10 11-01-2013
  • boo 11 Jan 2013 10:22:36 11,727 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    As Secret Santa organiser, I took an oath of secrecy, and if I divulge any Santa's details I run the risk of being strung up by the baubles.

If your Santa wishes to identify him / her / itself, then that's fine, but I'm not saying nuffink!

Just Another Lego Blog

• Salaman 19 Jan 2013 22:13:06 18,952 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    f00b_inc wrote:
    Christmas and the following couple weeks have been manic so apologies for belated thank you to Santa.

Parcels kept coming through my letterbox all week! I received...

A nosehair trimmer (how did you know??)
    Nanobot robot thingy (which will sit on my desk)
    Gears of War medic kit (themed plasters!)
    Lots and lots of chocolate (eaten)
    A Christmas card*

*I can't read the name on the card though as it's a bit smudged! boo can you do some digging so I know who to construct a shrine (colon snake) too? Unless they want to out themselves :-)

Thanks!

Hope everyone had a great Christmas & New Year, and many thanks again to boo for organising.

I also love whoever else sent a parcel made out to Colon 'Name' Snake. And to my everlasting shame my Santee was spoiler - he was a very naughty boy.
    I was hoping they'd make it without a proper name as an adressee.
    Apologies for the complete lack of wrapping paper. play.com were being dicks, not sending to Belgium and they don't have a gift wrap option when you buy.

Just thought of checking this thread because I found a folder somewhere waaaay hidden at the bottom of my bookmarks called "EGSS". Apparently I found a bunch of cool gift options on Firebox many moons ago and forgot all about it. Maybe for 2013. :-)
  • f00b_inc 22 Jan 2013 12:53:27 691 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @Salaman

Thank you! No worries about the lack of wrapping paper - like a small child I find the envelopes as exciting as the gifts themselves.

The main thing is that when the cute secretary next gives herself a paper cut I can save the day with my Gears of War medkit.
  • Salaman 22 Jan 2013 12:58:49 18,952 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    f00b_inc wrote:
    @Salaman
    The main thing is that when the cute secretary next gives herself a paper cut I can save the day with my Gears of War medkit.
    Now why would you want to make yourself unbeddable?
  • f00b_inc 22 Jan 2013 13:23:08 691 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Salaman wrote:
    f00b_inc wrote:
    @Salaman
    You mean it's not a 'Getting Laid EG Style Giftset'?! :-D
  • DaisyD 23 Jan 2013 17:16:09 11,818 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Phily50 wrote:
    Hi Santa,

Just wanted to say a massive thank you for my gifts! Haven't had a chance before now so sorry about that.
    Glad you liked them. :-D
  • Flying_Pig 25 Jan 2013 08:08:08 10,843 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    After waiting nearly a month and still no sign of my Secret Santa gift, I was just about to console myself and buy my own Colon Snake.

But upon returning home from work last night, I discovered that I'd received a parcel. Once the kids were in bed, I fell upon the parcel like a child on Christmas Day. Opening the lid, I discovered a note from Mr EG Secret Santa himself, Boo, and some lovely wrapped Christmas pressies :D

To my delight I received
    - a Technic Lego set - the very same one Boo has been doing his stop motion builds with
    boo wrote:
    My second stop motion epic!
    - a Pacman oven mitt
    - book on juggling and some juggling balls

A massive thanks to Boo, who really didn't need to do this, but I am genuinely touched and thrilled with me belated presents!
  • DFawkes 25 Jan 2013 08:45:19 22,739 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yay! Great stuff :) You realise we expect videos of your new mad juggling skills, intercut with some stop motion of your own. Get to it!

I'd kick the living daylights out of the producers of Tipping Point - Ghandi

• boo 25 Jan 2013 09:22:09 11,727 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    \o/

I know F_P's Santa got his gifts in the post, but I guess some Post Office temp worker ended u-p with that particular parcel.
    Hope it was the used Colon Snake off ebay.

Anyway - all's well that ends well.

I hereby declare EG Secret Santa 2012 closed!

In January!

Who'da thunk it!

/updates spreadsheet and goes for a lie down

Just Another Lego Blog

• Khanivor 25 Jan 2013 12:39:31 40,487 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Bloody hell boo, give someone else a chance in the 2013 forum awards!
  • boo 25 Jan 2013 14:34:08 11,727 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Are you kidding?
    It's going to take all our combined efforts to stop Kalel from winning everything.

Again.

;o)

Just Another Lego Blog

• Salaman 25 Jan 2013 15:44:40 18,952 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    f00b_inc wrote:
    Salaman wrote:
    f00b_inc wrote:
    @Salaman
    You mean it's not a 'Getting Laid EG Style Giftset'?! :-D
    You'd have to narrow it down to geeky gamer chicks maybe?
    Although the chocolate may have swayed a fair few non gamer girls but you scoffed those apparently. Trimming the nose hairs probably will increase your chances of getting laid though, so it might still work.
  • Page

of 12 First / Last

Next