EG Secret Santa, 2012 Page 12

• Page

of 12 First / Last

Next
  • f00b_inc 11 Jan 2013 09:53:51 735 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Christmas and the following couple weeks have been manic so apologies for belated thank you to Santa.

Parcels kept coming through my letterbox all week! I received...

A nosehair trimmer (how did you know??)
    Nanobot robot thingy (which will sit on my desk)
    Gears of War medic kit (themed plasters!)
    Lots and lots of chocolate (eaten)
    A Christmas card*

*I can't read the name on the card though as it's a bit smudged! boo can you do some digging so I know who to construct a shrine (colon snake) too? Unless they want to out themselves :-)

Thanks!

Hope everyone had a great Christmas & New Year, and many thanks again to boo for organising.

I also love whoever else sent a parcel made out to Colon 'Name' Snake. And to my everlasting shame my Santee was spoiler - he was a very naughty boy.

Edited by f00b_inc at 16:53:10 11-01-2013
  • boo 11 Jan 2013 10:22:36 12,103 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    As Secret Santa organiser, I took an oath of secrecy, and if I divulge any Santa's details I run the risk of being strung up by the baubles.

If your Santa wishes to identify him / her / itself, then that's fine, but I'm not saying nuffink!

Just Another Lego Blog

• Salaman 19 Jan 2013 22:13:06 20,242 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    f00b_inc wrote:
    Christmas and the following couple weeks have been manic so apologies for belated thank you to Santa.

Parcels kept coming through my letterbox all week! I received...

A nosehair trimmer (how did you know??)
    Nanobot robot thingy (which will sit on my desk)
    Gears of War medic kit (themed plasters!)
    Lots and lots of chocolate (eaten)
    A Christmas card*

*I can't read the name on the card though as it's a bit smudged! boo can you do some digging so I know who to construct a shrine (colon snake) too? Unless they want to out themselves :-)

Thanks!

Hope everyone had a great Christmas & New Year, and many thanks again to boo for organising.

I also love whoever else sent a parcel made out to Colon 'Name' Snake. And to my everlasting shame my Santee was spoiler - he was a very naughty boy.
    I was hoping they'd make it without a proper name as an adressee.
    Apologies for the complete lack of wrapping paper. play.com were being dicks, not sending to Belgium and they don't have a gift wrap option when you buy.

Just thought of checking this thread because I found a folder somewhere waaaay hidden at the bottom of my bookmarks called "EGSS". Apparently I found a bunch of cool gift options on Firebox many moons ago and forgot all about it. Maybe for 2013. :-)
  • f00b_inc 22 Jan 2013 12:53:27 735 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @Salaman

Thank you! No worries about the lack of wrapping paper - like a small child I find the envelopes as exciting as the gifts themselves.

The main thing is that when the cute secretary next gives herself a paper cut I can save the day with my Gears of War medkit.
  • Salaman 22 Jan 2013 12:58:49 20,242 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    f00b_inc wrote:
    @Salaman
    The main thing is that when the cute secretary next gives herself a paper cut I can save the day with my Gears of War medkit.
    Now why would you want to make yourself unbeddable?
  • f00b_inc 22 Jan 2013 13:23:08 735 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Salaman wrote:
    f00b_inc wrote:
    @Salaman
    You mean it's not a 'Getting Laid EG Style Giftset'?! :-D
  • DaisyD 23 Jan 2013 17:16:09 11,815 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Phily50 wrote:
    Hi Santa,

Just wanted to say a massive thank you for my gifts! Haven't had a chance before now so sorry about that.
    Glad you liked them. :-D
  • Flying_Pig 25 Jan 2013 08:08:08 12,473 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    After waiting nearly a month and still no sign of my Secret Santa gift, I was just about to console myself and buy my own Colon Snake.

But upon returning home from work last night, I discovered that I'd received a parcel. Once the kids were in bed, I fell upon the parcel like a child on Christmas Day. Opening the lid, I discovered a note from Mr EG Secret Santa himself, Boo, and some lovely wrapped Christmas pressies :D

To my delight I received
    - a Technic Lego set - the very same one Boo has been doing his stop motion builds with
    boo wrote:
    My second stop motion epic!
    - a Pacman oven mitt
    - book on juggling and some juggling balls

A massive thanks to Boo, who really didn't need to do this, but I am genuinely touched and thrilled with me belated presents!
  • DFawkes 25 Jan 2013 08:45:19 25,450 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Yay! Great stuff :) You realise we expect videos of your new mad juggling skills, intercut with some stop motion of your own. Get to it!

Grghl fnarr, grhl gnnrl! - Christina Bale as Batman

• boo 25 Jan 2013 09:22:09 12,103 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    \o/

I know F_P's Santa got his gifts in the post, but I guess some Post Office temp worker ended u-p with that particular parcel.
    Hope it was the used Colon Snake off ebay.

Anyway - all's well that ends well.

I hereby declare EG Secret Santa 2012 closed!

In January!

Who'da thunk it!

/updates spreadsheet and goes for a lie down

Just Another Lego Blog

• Khanivor 25 Jan 2013 12:39:31 41,696 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Bloody hell boo, give someone else a chance in the 2013 forum awards!
  • boo 25 Jan 2013 14:34:08 12,103 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Are you kidding?
    It's going to take all our combined efforts to stop Kalel from winning everything.

Again.

;o)

Just Another Lego Blog

• Salaman 25 Jan 2013 15:44:40 20,242 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    f00b_inc wrote:
    Salaman wrote:
    f00b_inc wrote:
    @Salaman
    You mean it's not a 'Getting Laid EG Style Giftset'?! :-D
    You'd have to narrow it down to geeky gamer chicks maybe?
    Although the chocolate may have swayed a fair few non gamer girls but you scoffed those apparently. Trimming the nose hairs probably will increase your chances of getting laid though, so it might still work.
  • Page

of 12 First / Last

Next