Official PlayStation Mobile thread (UK) Page 15

• Page

of 15 First / Last

Next
  • infoxicated 19 Aug 2014 12:48:33 1,119 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    HiddenAway wrote:Rodem the Wild is an odd little title where you live the life of a wild dog. Certainly looks different.
    Intrigued, I just watched the trailer. It's just nucking futs. O_o

Seriously, Japan, get your ass into therapy while there's still time!
  • Flying_Pig 19 Aug 2014 13:14:06 10,982 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I can't stop playing Picbox

I wish the developer would release another set of puzzles though
  • HiddenAway 20 Aug 2014 07:02:42 14,887 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    2 games out this week. Cannon Shot looks like a basic shooting game where you hit boxes with cannon fire. Raptor RPG appears to be an RPG - with dinosaurs.

20th August 2014

Games
    Cannon Shot - 0.40
    Raptor RPG - 0.99

On Twitter: @HiddenAway1

• aros 20 Aug 2014 09:40:02 2,845 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    There are lots of unusual game ideas coming up on PSM. I like that at least.
  • stephenallen 20 Aug 2014 13:12:16 3 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 4 weeks ago
    Developer - Raptor RPG and Hill Cliff Horse :D
    Been reading the posts for the past few weeks, finally made an account.
    I'm up for taking ideas and requests, majority of my games and there content have come from players requests.. which may explain why a lot of them don't make sense :/

Edited by stephenallen at 13:12:44 20-08-2014
  • aros 21 Aug 2014 10:11:34 2,845 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Hi Stephenallen, can you do 2D games too? I'm sure I can come up with some simple ideas that would be quick to make and get onto PSM. I would love to send you ideas - can you PM me an email or something?
  • kuteboys 21 Aug 2014 10:19:54 1 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 4 weeks ago
    I love to play games on : Kizi
    Friv
    Yepi

• aros 21 Aug 2014 11:26:05 2,845 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    That said, FPS are severely lacking on Vita and if you develop something good it's pretty much a ticket to Sony Incubation and a full Vita release.
  • stephenallen 21 Aug 2014 14:54:10 3 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 4 weeks ago
    @aros I'd much prefer to do 3D, all we ever did during College and Uni were 2d games, i hate them right now haha
    I was thinking of doing a FPS multiplayer, with little tests i've done i can easily get 15+ people in one match with no lag.
    I'l go see what i can do, but even if i do get it finished in a few days, sonys game review time has been 3 weeks for my other two games, so it could be a month before its out :/
    The only thing I'm worried about is, if i do make a huge multiplayer game, will there be enough people playing at once to make it into a huge multiplayer >_<
  • aros 26 Aug 2014 13:28:50 2,845 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I would try and make something single player - a multi player focused PSM title would almost certainly suffer from low player numbers.

Ensure you have an unusual and interesting theme such as African animals rising up to take revenge on poachers (empty desolate environments are then fair game!)

Knock together 10 or 12 levels - include the system for hunger etc stats from your other games and it's a goer. I'd buy.

edit: Preferably a choice of three player characters, or a different one for each level. If using a different one for each level, you could use different size animals to give a different perspective on the same environment style, which would cut down the time needed to create the game.

Edited by aros at 13:23:42 27-08-2014
  • aros 26 Aug 2014 13:38:27 2,845 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    infoxicated wrote:
    HiddenAway wrote:Rodem the Wild is an odd little title where you live the life of a wild dog. Certainly looks different.
    Intrigued, I just watched the trailer. It's just nucking futs. O_o

Seriously, Japan, get your ass into therapy while there's still time!
    The art is stunning. It's a shame it's priced so high as I would buy for anything up to 3. Looks fantastic.
  • HiddenAway 27 Aug 2014 13:12:48 14,887 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    No games this week...

That said, I found a trailer for a game I previously was curious about and will probably get at some point this week. Something different at least.

• aros 27 Aug 2014 13:23:55 2,845 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    That looks cool HA - I'll watch it later.
  • Murbal 27 Aug 2014 13:25:08 22,203 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    aros wrote:
    That looks cool HA - I'll watch it later.
    It really does!
  • stephenallen 27 Aug 2014 14:43:12 3 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 4 weeks ago
    Speaking of trailers, heres one thats finally been made for Raptor - RPG.

Edited by stephenallen at 14:43:24 27-08-2014
  • aros 1 Sep 2014 09:30:18 2,845 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    You could just make "Species: Defend your existence" game an arena shooter in the style of Serious Sam if you aren't comfortable with level design, waves of poachers - split it into a campaign still.
  • HiddenAway 3 Sep 2014 21:14:57 14,887 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    8 games out this week!

Slow-mo dodgers casts you as a ragdoll and you have to avoid bullets in slow motion. Lucilla in the Dark is a free-to-play game where you can transform into a ball and jump away from danger. Agus Adventure has you eating cookies to try and return home.

Storm Ship Shiro looks like a classic shoot-em-up. Hide 'n' Zebra is hide and seek with err zebras. Iron Tower Defense is a classic tower defense game. Escape from Hell is an Endless Runner style game that makes you attempt to escape Hell. Finally, Bloodred Wyvern 2 is the sequel to the original PSM game and looks like a decent game for under 1.

3rd September 2014

Games
    Slow-mo Dodgers - 5.49
    Lucilla in the Dark - FREE
    Agus Adventure - 0.40
    Storm Ship Shiro - 0.40
    Hide 'n' Zebra - 0.79
    Iron Tower Defense - 3.89
    Escape from Hell - 1.39
    Bloodred Wyvern 2 - 0.79

• aros 4 Sep 2014 09:32:17 2,845 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I can't believe so many people release the tedious, awful and boring runners and tower defence like the last 5 years of iOS never happened. They are just not console genres.

How is Behind You?

I've been meaning to get Bloodred Wyvern for a while now as it looks quite nice and old skool with clearly defined levels and looks a nice length for the price, not too long. Will likely get the sequel.
  • HiddenAway 10 Sep 2014 07:02:47 14,887 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It's OK. I only managed to clear one act at the moment. There is a lot of stealth involved since the guards can warn each other if you're even spotted, make a sound or if they discover a knocked out guard. That increases the danger level and reduces your score. If the danger level reaches a certain point, it's game over.

• Flying_Pig 10 Sep 2014 09:19:17 10,982 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I've played Monster Hotel over the last few days - s'alright - very much a mobile game. It looks good, each attempt is over in less than 10 minutes, but there's little to keep me going back for more.

Maybe I'l give something else a go, although because most of my PSM gaming (on my phone) is done with the sound off, any game where sound is essential to playing is a no-go for me.
  • Flying_Pig 10 Sep 2014 13:26:11 10,982 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Aqua Kitty DX to become a fully fledged Vita title.

I've played the PSM version (I got it for free IIRC), and wasn't that taken with it, but still...
  • HiddenAway 10 Sep 2014 19:39:38 14,887 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    If you want irony, I found out about most of these games last week when they appeared on the Vita store banner by mistake :).

Anyway, 12 games out this week - yes 12. Happy and Fly Speed are both Flappy Bird clones. The award for most accurate game title goes to Cards, which is a different version of solitaire compared to the usual Windows one. Fruit Space is a Space Invaders clone - with fruit.

Mugogy Jump is a jumping game which asks you to play the Vita in portrait mode. Cross Jump is a platformer where Cross is Jump (seriously, that's the description given). Breakout is err Breakout. Spinning Squares doesn't give much away - and I'm not paying 5.50 to find out.

Jaggy Race is a plaform/racing game (Endless Runner style). Rainboxsplosion has you sliding your finger across a rainstorm of boxes to cause massive explosions. Dodgecube is an interesting looking game where you avoid boxes, discs etc. all to an 8-bit soundtrack. Finally there's Drop Baby, which wins the curiosity title because the description says nothing and the pictures are broke.

10th September 2014

Games
    Jaggy Race! - 4.79
    Spinning Squares - 5.49
    Breakout - 3.39
    Rainboxplosion - 0.40
    Drop Baby - 3.39
    Cross Jump - 1.79
    Mugogy Jump - 0.79
    Fly Speed - 3.39
    Fruit Space - 3.39
    Dodgecube - 2.39
    Cards - 3.39
    Happy - 3.39

• aros 11 Sep 2014 09:53:37 2,845 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Flying_Pig wrote:
    Aqua Kitty DX to become a fully fledged Vita title.

I've played the PSM version (I got it for free IIRC), and wasn't that taken with it, but still...
    Rock Boshers DX is also coming as a PSM title making the move to a full Vita game. I liked both personally.
  • Flying_Pig 15 Sep 2014 19:48:19 10,982 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    So Thomas Hopper has kindly sent me a code for Console Saga, but I already have it, so will gift it to the first person to PM me.
  • Page

of 15 First / Last

Next