Booth Babes and the Expo Page 4

• Page

of 30 First / Last

• billythekid 3 Oct 2012 15:47:58 11,110 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'd be interested to know how many complaints EG had in previous years regarding the booth babes.
  • nickthegun 3 Oct 2012 15:48:19 59,533 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    GiarcYekrub wrote:
    I'm being honest it was my first expo and I was disappointed at the lack of booth babes.
    Im being honest; there isnt a single person in the universe who is surprised by that

---------------------------------------------------------
    someone say something funny

• kinky_mong 3 Oct 2012 15:48:58 10,168 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    GiarcYekrub wrote:
    I'm being honest it was my first expo and I was disappointed at the lack of booth babes.
    Needing a new stalking vict... subject now that Diana Vickers is officially a Z-list nobody now?

All the eurogamers who actually play with each other on xbl rather than just post pseudointellectual pc handwringing bollocks on the forums, love the shit out of biggy.

• Stickman 3 Oct 2012 15:49:21 29,666 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    GiarcYekrub wrote:
    Did you not get enough skin for the full three piece suit?

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

• nickthegun 3 Oct 2012 15:52:47 59,533 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Three hit combo

• NOSAVIOUR 3 Oct 2012 15:53:01 2,804 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The best thing about the show was the booth babes. There's no fun in waiting 2.5 hrs for a 10 minute go on a game if you can't flirt with woman. Eurogaymer.
  • thedaveeyres 3 Oct 2012 15:55:33 10,926 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Sid-Nice wrote:
    Cosplayer wrote:
    Sid-Nice wrote:
    I think Eurogamer should ban all cosplay attendees; cosplay is for attention seekers and for every hot cosplayer there are at least 20 ugly enough to put you off your lunch.
    See? This is how it starts :( Officially feel awkward now.
    Don't take any notice of me; I'm just an idiot and sock detector. :)
    Why people even dignified this ludicrous sock with a reply in the first place is baffling.

D****** ******r

XBLA: Hamster Trippin
    Steam: thedaveeyres
    PSN: HamsterTrippin

• Retroid Moderator 3 Oct 2012 15:57:04 44,512 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    FOREVER ALONE FORUMITES MOURN LOSS OF GIRLS PAID TO FEIGN INTEREST SHOCK.
  • GiarcYekrub 3 Oct 2012 15:58:20 3,737 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Retroid wrote:
    FOREVER ALONE FORUMITES MOURN LOSS OF GIRLS PAID TO FEIGN INTEREST SHOCK.
    QFT
  • psychokitten Moderator 3 Oct 2012 15:58:34 7,794 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    GiarcYekrub wrote:
    Mandatory QR codes on all Booth Babes going forward that links directly to their contact pages for easy stalking.
  • Quistie 3 Oct 2012 16:00:03 1 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I went to the expo for the first 3 days with a group which had female friends in it and the booth babes around did sour the experience. I thought I noticed that the Nvidia ones from Thursday had changed into less revealing outfits on later days which did make me wonder if the expo team had taken action.

As was previously said in this discussion the number of booth babes was pretty low but as I experienced through my friends it doesn't take many to make it look like the behaviour is accepted.

So it is great to read this and understand that they were being dealt with and there will be less tolerance of them at future EGExpos. This post has made it much easier to decide to go with my friends again next year as I had a great time playing the games and going to panels.
  • kinky_mong 3 Oct 2012 16:00:15 10,168 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Remember everyone;

Woman showing a bit of skin: Morally evil
    Man dressed as zombie groping people against their will : Good natured fun

All the eurogamers who actually play with each other on xbl rather than just post pseudointellectual pc handwringing bollocks on the forums, love the shit out of biggy.

• Syrette 3 Oct 2012 16:01:18 43,359 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    What's the EG consensus on Booth Blokes?

• MetalDog 3 Oct 2012 16:04:14 23,697 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    LeoliansBro wrote:
    I presume you were outraged at Sex and the City's original C4 run being 'sponsored by Baileys' as well ;) I'm personally outraged that people shove vile smily sweet chocogak in my face and assume I'm that kind of limp fashion wanker just because I occasionally like to see four elderly harridans dropping their overused clungebuckets like circus tents onto every Manhatten cock they can find.
    Sex and the City offended me on quite a few levels =)

However, I am neither offended or outraged by booth babes - I just don't /like/ them and I think it's as good as hanging a 'boys only' sign on the booth.

I don't know what ANF shops are...
    I find many Japanese game design decisions exasperatingly backwards in their attitude to women - I think they'll grow out of it, but like us, only at a glacial pace.

It would be interesting to see what the reaction would be to a reversal of the situation. How many of you would be comfortable if more game booths had scantily clad men draped around them doing the duck face?

-- boobs do nothing for me, I want moustaches and chest hair.

• Mr-Brett 3 Oct 2012 16:04:39 12,777 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Any reason this wasn't posted on the front page? VG247 have posted it and they seem to have much higher standards than EG ;) so I doubt it's because it isn't considered news worthy.

Edit: There we go, although I didn't expect it quite like that.

Edited by Mr-Brett at 16:07:26 03-10-2012

Portable view - Never forget.

• Lotos8ter 3 Oct 2012 16:05:24 2,356 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Syrette wrote:
    What's the EG consensus on Booth Blokes?
    Splitters

Fiat Lux

• Zomoniac 3 Oct 2012 16:07:50 7,827 posts
    Seen 35 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    This is nothing to do with Booth Babes, but since we're discussing morality of what's on show at the Expo, question for you rauper.

The Tomb Raider demo was in the 18+ section so minors couldn't see it, yet the Tomb Raider developer session, which basically comprised the devs playing through that same demo, plus a few extra bits, including some fairly not-child-friendly imagery, and the now infamous assault scene, was broadcast live onto a big screen in the Streetpass/seated area, which was full of young children. Surely that's not right?
  • Deleted user 3 October 2012 16:08:14
    A lot of fuss over nothing to be honest. I barely noticed the booth babes anyway, and on a trivial note, some of the cosplayers were prettier (the ones that weren't zombies that is).

Edited by Dogme at 16:08:51 03-10-2012
  • LeoliansBro 3 Oct 2012 16:08:28 43,845 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    MetalDog wrote:
    It would be interesting to see what the reaction would be to a reversal of the situation. How many of you would be comfortable if more game booths had scantily clad men draped around them doing the duck face?
    No different to a lot of Soho bars to be honest. What you're saying is dangerously close to the homophobic idea that a straight man can never go in a gay bar because they'd be uncomfortable surrounded by men who they thought would obsessively want to bumrape them etc.

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• GiarcYekrub 3 Oct 2012 16:08:37 3,737 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I wonder if there will be judge to see if a booth "assistant" strays into "babe" teritory TBH after my initial disappointment I realised that most areas had hot girls certainly in the Nintendo area just they weren't in low cut tops or hot pants
  • LeoliansBro 3 Oct 2012 16:10:54 43,845 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Oh, and for the record I cannot stand strip clubs, but for different reasons.

• nickthegun 3 Oct 2012 16:11:16 59,533 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    kinky_mong wrote:
    Remember everyone;

Woman showing a bit of skin: Morally evil
    Man dressed as zombie groping people against their will : Good natured fun
    To be fair, I think everyone was sick of that fucking idiot by the end of the day.

• sukisonic 3 Oct 2012 16:11:20 2 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    well they should have made it a rule for all and not a suggestion as during the first two days kids were there on school trips and if the organisers new about these trips they should have relayed the information to exhibitors but they didnít. so they need to take some of the blame aswell in my view. if the booth girls were such a problem this year why is it i remember more about the games and the dev sessions then them.

PS i took pictures of booth girls near the booths they were working for, expect for one or two groups

Edited by sukisonic at 16:19:23 03-10-2012
  • GiarcYekrub 3 Oct 2012 16:12:29 3,737 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    LeoliansBro wrote:
    Me too there is a reason my credit card is maxed
  • MetalDog 3 Oct 2012 16:12:33 23,697 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @LeoliansBro

Uh... no. I've never been under the impression a booth babe was going to try to instigate anything with me, let alone sex, so why would men think that about male booth babes in a reverse situation?

I do take you point about the irrelevancies of some promo material, but I don't think chocolate and booze has quite the same 'not for you' connotations that sexually targeted promotional efforts do.

-- boobs do nothing for me, I want moustaches and chest hair.

• Lukus 3 Oct 2012 16:12:44 19,050 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Level with us Rauper- it's not the Booth Babes that were the problem, it's the spotty teenagers that were walking around with erections, isn't it.

Paintings & Photographs

• ecureuil 3 Oct 2012 16:13:34 76,736 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    LeoliansBro wrote:
    It's depressing to hang around so many women that are out of your league? :p

Edited by ecureuil at 16:13:43 03-10-2012
  • LeoliansBro 3 Oct 2012 16:14:20 43,845 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Why would I care about male booth babes?

• Carlo 3 Oct 2012 16:14:52 18,004 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    LeoliansBro wrote:
    No touching?

PSN ID: Djini

• Page

of 30 First / Last