Booth Babes and the Expo Page 15

• Page

of 30 First / Last

• SpaceMonkey77 6 Oct 2012 14:57:50 125 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Sorry, if I came across the wrong way. I keep forgettting that EG is a show open to the public, and as such, the public should do their best to not be dickish to those hosting and vice versa. I fell out of attending these kinds of shows, because trade shows are always better.

I've learned the drill with booth babes, going back many years. Be polite and friendly, ask for a photo and don't let their beauty go to your head. For many gamers, these kind of shows are either new to them, or just a day out. Some are not aware of they should act better, being young and carefree.

I'd hate to think this ban would go down because of attendees being silly or abusive. Enforcing a better dress code would be a better idea, as well as hiring some male models. pairing male and female models together, would encourage less bs from attendees.
  • beastmaster 6 Oct 2012 15:22:44 11,789 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Crikey! Didn't realise that went on there. What a shame. I had a great time.

Don't they have these at every kind of show? Motor shows and the like? Although I don't remember seeing any at The Gadget Show Live.

The Resident Evil films. I'm one of the reasons they keep making them.

• warlockuk 6 Oct 2012 15:30:47 19,209 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Syrette wrote:
    Made Kotaku. He's 'famous'.

http://kotaku.com/5949402/booth-babes-werent-the-only-embarrassment-at-the-eurogamer-expo
    Yeah, walking up to chick asking "Why aren't you fingering yourself?".

Twat.

I'm a grumpy bastard.

• spamdangled 6 Oct 2012 15:35:23 27,421 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Just read the Kotaku coverage on both the booth babes thing and "that" video. The articles are fine - the booth babe one in fact was something I couldn't fault - but jesus is that what passes for their community in the comments?

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• Moot_Point 6 Oct 2012 15:41:53 4,492 posts
    Seen 3 seconds ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Instead of banning booth babes (who obviously like the work), why not just give them walkie talkies to be able to instantly report the offenders?

================================================================================

mowgli wrote: I thought the 1 married the .2 and founded Islam?

• spamdangled 6 Oct 2012 15:43:10 27,421 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Why is it obvious that they like the work? A lot of the ones hanging outside in their breaks didn't look like they were enjoying themselves to me.

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• warlockuk 6 Oct 2012 15:53:59 19,209 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I'm amazed that KSI bloke didn't have someone swing for him tbh...

I'm a grumpy bastard.

• lordofthedunce 6 Oct 2012 16:01:53 379 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    warlockuk wrote:
    Amazing what you can get away with when you're holding a mic and have a camera pointing at you.
  • spamdangled 6 Oct 2012 16:04:16 27,421 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    lordofthedunce wrote:
    warlockuk wrote:
    Amazing what you can get away with when you're holding a mic and have a camera pointing at you.
    Plus his presence there might make some people think he was either a) associated with EG or b) sanctioned by them.

Was he doing this just in the over 18 area? It's a whole other level of irresponsible if he was doing this in the main area, with small children walking around. If I was a parent, I'd be very annoyed seeing that if I had a young child with me.

• Deleted user 6 October 2012 16:11:39
    These videos are a weird new trend. There's one of some Asian guy doing almost the exact same thing (word for word in some places) at Comicon.
  • mrpon 6 Oct 2012 16:23:24 29,390 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Fake_Blood posted one on the last page.

Give yourself £5 or ½ gig, you're worth it.

• spamdangled 6 Oct 2012 16:47:56 27,421 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    graysonavich wrote:
    meme wrote:
    These videos are a weird new trend. There's one of some Asian guy doing almost the exact same thing (word for word in some places) at Comicon.
    A generation too young to remember the last time it wasn't funny I guess.
    A whole generation that has grown up thinking Dennis Pennis was a comic their dad used to read when he was a boy.

• senso-ji 6 Oct 2012 17:29:48 5,999 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I liked KSI's FIFA commentaries (made a change from the millions of Minecraft and CoD ones on youtube), but when he started copying KassemG and fancied himself as a comedian then it went downhill quickly.

Incidentally, did anyone witness this monstrosity at EG Expo:

• heyyo 6 Oct 2012 17:39:14 14,371 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    What the fuck did I just watch?
  • jonsaan 6 Oct 2012 18:36:28 25,428 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Fake_Blood thanks. Such a thin line between motor boating and sexual assault eh? :D

FCUTA!

• cowell 6 Oct 2012 19:49:41 699 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    So it looks like he put an apology via twitter despite the majority of his fans saying fuck it. We'll never know if he genuinely regrets it or has realised it could be damaging to a potentially fruitful career in the games industry.

It's a shame as some of his stuff can be quite funny. If be really wanted to go ask awkward questions he should have stuck to taking the mickey out of cosplayers or asking a developer why his indie game looks so rubbish. He didn't need to start asking a women why she had small breasts.

It's not cool but I hope he's learnt a lesson of some sort
  • Lukus 6 Oct 2012 20:53:08 19,350 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Are we sure he doesn't have learning difficulties? I'm pretty sure he has learning difficulties... Rauper just banned a black man with learning difficulties. Shit's gonna hit the fan.

Paintings & Photographs

• mikeck 6 Oct 2012 21:33:45 1,936 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Facepalm Or, seeing as the expo is in London, the rest of you non-London living people can fuck off and not attend ;)

Make it a bit quieter for the Laaaaandan slags (note, I live in London, but am not a Laaandoner).
  • Baleoce 6 Oct 2012 22:27:53 1,185 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 3 years ago

So yeah, that's that. His followers keeping it classy as you can see. Should have seen all the abuse @stillgray was getting from them for the article he posted regarding the matter..

And then I remembered it's the Internet.

Steam: Baleoce
    PSN: Baleoce
    Nintendo Network: Baleoce

• Syrette 6 Oct 2012 22:51:05 44,061 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Who is he anyway (same goes for that Syndicate guy)?

Are they just decent FIFA/COD players who stuck a few let's play vids on YouTube and are now 'internet celebrities'?

• Orange 6 Oct 2012 22:58:53 4,859 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    fucking youtubers.
  • captbirdseye 6 Oct 2012 22:59:11 5,255 posts
    Seen 29 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Syrette wrote:
    Who is he anyway (same goes for that Syndicate guy)?

Are they just decent FIFA/COD players who stuck a few let's play vids on YouTube and are now 'internet celebrities'?
    More or less tbh. Ksi used to make just Fifa videos about Ultimate team and h2h until the Youtube celebrity thing went to his head. He now  posts random unfunny shite most of the time which is a pity as the old vids were ok.

Syndicate is just a carbon copy like the other billion vids.
  • psnow85 6 Oct 2012 23:34:18 1 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I think the whole ban is abit OTT. I mean the Virgin girls wore hardly anything yet the girls on the Scan Computers booth wore yoga leggings and hoodies and where perfectly lovely. There has to be a happy medium.
  • Baleoce 6 Oct 2012 23:56:40 1,185 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    The happy medium is simply the fact that EG don't think hired models are right for the event, which is their prerogative, and I think most fully agree with it. I have no beef with models seeking easy money when the event makes it readily available to them. They'd be silly not to. But when the event decides they no longer need/want them there, that really is all that needs to be said. At the end of the day, it's not right for the vision that EG has for their own event.

Steam: Baleoce
    PSN: Baleoce
    Nintendo Network: Baleoce

• ibenam 7 Oct 2012 02:46:28 1,499 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    So is he welcome to next years expo now that hes apologised?
  • neilka 7 Oct 2012 03:01:43 16,445 posts
    Seen 58 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I bet he's not really sorry and he'd just do it again, the cheeky little scamp.

BAAANG!!!!! EXPLOTION!!!!!

• spamdangled 7 Oct 2012 03:04:42 27,421 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Syrette

Apparently they are Pro Gamers, and therefore we should all bow down and respect them.

• Page

of 30 First / Last