Booth Babes and the Expo Page 14

• Page

of 30 First / Last

• rauper Staff 6 Oct 2012 10:55:31 3,351 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    There were parts of the KSI video that violated the dignity of and were degrading to the women featured in it. We aren't responsible for people's behaviour at the show but we can try to shape the event in to one that we are proud to run, and the vast majority of people will enjoy attending. When things go past "funny" and on to the public humiliation of our attendees & exhibitors then we do need to be clear - that this is not the kind of behaviour that we want at our events. As such he won't be welcome at future Expos.

This is a shame as we've never had to do this before. I met KSI at the show and he can be a charming guy and is clearly very successful in his business, and will continue to make waves in the games industry - but I'm pleased that this video was taken down and hopefully he understands why this video was wrong and he'll get the balance right in the future.
  • captbirdseye 6 Oct 2012 11:21:17 5,458 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    rauper wrote:
    There were parts of the KSI video that violated the dignity of and were degrading to the women featured in it. We aren't responsible for people's behaviour at the show but we can try to shape the event in to one that we are proud to run, and the vast majority of people will enjoy attending. When things go past "funny" and on to the public humiliation of our attendees & exhibitors then we do need to be clear - that this is not the kind of behaviour that we want at our events. As such he won't be welcome at future Expos.

This is a shame as we've never had to do this before. I met KSI at the show and he can be a charming guy and is clearly very successful in his business, and will continue to make waves in the games industry - but I'm pleased that this video was taken down and hopefully he understands why this video was wrong and he'll get the balance right in the future.
    I now await the invasion of Ksi army plebs :s.

Seriously though someone should've seen this coming with the type of videos he normally posts which are usually taken down.
  • nickthegun 6 Oct 2012 11:22:15 61,270 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Facepalm wrote:
    They have weird holes which confuse me. :D

Edit: I will remember you next year, you were mega pissed off that I didn't. Sorry.
    I wasn't, I was only pissing about.

---------------------------------------------------------
    My man gives real loving that's why I call him Killer
    He's not a wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am, he's a thriller

• nickthegun 6 Oct 2012 11:32:45 61,270 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Facepalm wrote:
    I know :D
    You'll remember me next year!

---------------------------------------------------------
    My man gives real loving that's why I call him Killer
    He's not a wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am, he's a thriller

• captbirdseye 6 Oct 2012 11:34:39 5,458 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Facepalm wrote:
    rauper wrote:

Wait, I've missed something. I didn't realise something happened at the expo? What happened. There's a video? Can someone summarise what happened. No need to go into graphic detail. What did he do?
    Posted a rather unfunny video of himself just randomly insulting booth babes. If you've seen KaseemG crap on Youtube then it's just that copy and pasted. Article on Kotaku.

Edited by captbirdseye at 11:35:07 06-10-2012
  • cowell 6 Oct 2012 11:37:47 713 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Facepalm

He basically went round and made lewd comments and gestures at women at the show. He was trying for that whole 'being awkward to watch' vibe but totally misjudged massively.

On reflection he'll probably realise the whole thing was an error of judgement. That despite the support of his fans. 15 year olds who basically think that motor boating a girl is an acceptable approach to somebody you met 5 minutes ago
  • captbirdseye 6 Oct 2012 11:40:16 5,458 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Facepalm wrote:
    Oh wow, what a twat.

Rather than ban the booth babes, perhaps just ban the offensive video twat.
    He has mentioned that he asked their permission before shooting. Still doesn't make it right though and is actually more unfunny than insulting.

Edited by captbirdseye at 11:41:32 06-10-2012
  • rauper Staff 6 Oct 2012 11:50:01 3,351 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Asking permission to film in advance is fine, but that doesn't give you the right to ask anything i.e. "where have your tits gone?" and the question about fingering yourself. I don't think the girl was in on it as some have claimed - she walked off camera embarrassed and you can see by the look on her face & her friends. The motorboating is not the offensive part.

Right, time to get on with my weekend!
  • rauper Staff 6 Oct 2012 12:56:56 3,351 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Thanks Facepalm!
  • Syrette 6 Oct 2012 12:59:23 44,208 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Yeah at an expo that big you're going to get one or two naughty people/companies. Sounds like EG have dealt with any issues in the absolutely correct manner.

• Baleoce 6 Oct 2012 13:02:14 1,187 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    This year was a big step up, and that's saying something, cos I enjoyed the hell out of last years too. One of my mates got to the final of Fridays SF competition, and the other won an arcade stick for doing an Eddie impression (and by that I mean, walking on-stage and doing a cartwheel) haha. Also, you haven't experienced 'surreal' until you've danced with The Mask to a Will Smith tune on a venga bus. Good times.

Edited by Baleoce at 13:13:55 06-10-2012

Steam: Baleoce
    PSN: Baleoce
    Nintendo Network: Baleoce

• Deleted user 6 October 2012 13:49:42
    rauper wrote:
    We aren't responsible for people's behaviour at the show but we can try to shape the event in to one that we are proud to run, and the vast majority of people will enjoy attending.
    And I did enjoy myself at the Expo all three days that I attended, as I have every year since 2008 :) I personally didn't see anything untoward that people could complain about. Might I suggest that from next year though you have some stewards/guards wandering about the showfloor, stopping people from (how can I put it) doing things they shouldn't be doing? As far as booth babes are concerned, I didn't have a problem with them being there, but if there weren't any at all next year I wouldn't miss them :)
  • roundhousekick 6 Oct 2012 14:15:42 14 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Post deleted
  • jonsaan 6 Oct 2012 14:24:35 25,440 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    What is 'motor boating' a girl?

FCUTA!

• Syrette 6 Oct 2012 14:28:12 44,208 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    To submerge ones face in large breasts and moving your head back and forth, flapping your lips, in turn making a motorboat sound.

I just motorboated Marygrace, I almost suffocated in those funbags but it was superb.

• roundhousekick 6 Oct 2012 14:31:01 14 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    It's the new happy slapping. You do it to random girls, possibly with permission granted before hand.
  • DaM 6 Oct 2012 14:32:05 13,523 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    That's sexual assault.
  • roundhousekick 6 Oct 2012 14:39:39 14 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    There's always one.
  • neilka 6 Oct 2012 14:39:43 16,524 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    jonsaan wrote:
    Hollowing her out, attaching an outboard motor to her and then driving her around a lake.

BAAANG!!!!! EXPLOTION!!!!!

• Fake_Blood 6 Oct 2012 14:54:11 4,442 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    This explains motor boating quite well, it's also what I think that ksi guy tried to copy, but failed.
  • El_MUERkO 6 Oct 2012 14:55:00 17,144 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    neilka wrote:
    jonsaan wrote:
    Hollowing her out, attaching an outboard motor to her and then driving her around a lake.
    There was a lake at the Expo?!

Was it in the WiiU section? I totally missed it :(
  • Page

of 30 First / Last