Booth Babes and the Expo Page 12

• Page

of 30 First / Last

• bitch_tits_zero_nine 5 Oct 2012 11:00:15 6,654 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I don't really have a problem with booth babes tbh. Think some of the moral outrage sounds a bit precious, but then I guess everybody wants to project a perception of themselves and in turn their event, and, like it or not, companies using booth babes reflects on the Eurogamer brand by association.
  • warlockuk 5 Oct 2012 11:11:17 19,101 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Perhaps the guys at nVidia were gonna be bored as hell and wanted something pretty to look at all day. Has anyone raised the argument that they're models looking for work and standing around all day being oggled by nerds isn't probably that high on the shame list in the scheme of jobs they could be asked to do?

I'm a grumpy bastard.

• Whizzo 5 Oct 2012 11:13:33 42,758 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    What's really daft about the Nvidia girls is that Scan were doing a much better job of promoting their products than they were.

This space left intentionally blank.

• smoothpete 5 Oct 2012 11:16:08 31,017 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    We had a booth babe when my old company had a stand at a software show. This girl in fact. She was in charge of the orange juice machine. She was absolutely lovely. Not scantily clad exactly. Tightly clad perhaps.
  • nickthegun 5 Oct 2012 11:19:15 55,848 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    A company that I worked for used to do trade shows at things like wargaming expos like salute, the kind of things lamos like stickman goes to.

it wasnt deliberate but we had quite an attractive girl who went to the shows as part of the marketing team to man the stall and even though she was usually in jeans and a company polo shirt, the nerds used to flock around her like flies on shit.

Christ knows what it would have been like if we sent her in hotpants.

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• SpaceMonkey77 5 Oct 2012 12:21:09 13 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I heard that EG had banded booth babes and didn't quite believe it. Is this why its appeared in the forum, but not the front page? Cheeky.

There's no need for a ban, as it just makes you look like some kind of puritan fundumentalist. All you had to do is require them to be subtle and they could do their job just as effectively.

The Virgin babes were cool enough, and many stopped to get a trophy photo with them, knowing the chances of them, meeting these kind of beautiful people, is slim to none. Good for them. Its nothing I haven't done before in the past.

QR codes on their shorts? Can't say I noticed them.
  • Ginger 5 Oct 2012 12:24:36 6,808 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    SpaceMonkey77 wrote:
    trophy photo
    Kind of the problem, encapsulated in two words right there.

London open taekwondo champion

• Zizoo 5 Oct 2012 12:27:45 7,702 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    SpaceMonkey77 wrote:
    I heard that EG had banded booth babes and didn't quite believe it. Is this why its appeared in the forum, but not the front page? Cheeky.

There's no need for a ban, as it just makes you look like some kind of puritan fundumentalist. All you had to do is require them to be subtle and they could do their job just as effectively.

The Virgin babes were cool enough, and many stopped to get a trophy photo with them, knowing the chances of them, meeting these kind of beautiful people, is slim to none. Good for them. Its nothing I haven't done before in the past.

QR codes on their shorts? Can't say I noticed them.
    This makes me sad.
  • spamdangled 5 Oct 2012 12:29:55 27,197 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    rauper wrote:
    MrTomFTW wrote:
    It was only the Virgin Media ladies that were particularly inappropriate in my eyes, I'm trying to think who else rauper means. Do I remember seeing some nVidia ladies as well?

Oh and there was a couple of Hitman Saints, but I thought they were cosplayers.
    It was Virgin Gaming not Virgin Media, BTW.

Cosplayers and staff in character are absolutely fine - i.e. Hitman Saints, Lara Croft and so on.

It's the hotpants/cleavage type promo girls that we're talking about here.
    The hotpants girls, with advertising printed across their arse cheek was just ridiculous imo. The writing may as well have said "come and have a grope"

Watching them freeze their tits off outside having a fag as well wasn't exactly a ringing endorsement to members of the public passing by.

Edited by darkmorgado at 12:31:02 05-10-2012

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• spamdangled 5 Oct 2012 12:33:51 27,197 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Whizzo wrote:
    The Company of Heroes 2 girls also had QR codes on their arses, at least their shorts weren't quite so tight as the Virgin girls but wearing an ushanka, a crop top and shorts seemed rather daft as the game they were promoting has death from exposure* as a new feature.
    \o/

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• Lukus 5 Oct 2012 12:41:29 18,955 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    darkmorgado wrote:

The hotpants girls, with advertising printed across their arse cheek was just ridiculous imo. The writing may as well have said "come and have a grope"

Now, I wasn't at the Expo, so I'm not sure how accurate this is, but you're beginning to sound a bit rapey there Dark.

Paintings & Photographs

• spamdangled 5 Oct 2012 13:03:28 27,197 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    It would be interesting to hear what Virgin have to say on the matter, especially about the whole "not telling the girls what they were going to wear before they took the job" stuff, that's just wrong.

• spamdangled 5 Oct 2012 13:04:04 27,197 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Lukus wrote:
    darkmorgado wrote:

Now, I wasn't at the Expo, so I'm not sure how accurate this is, but you're beginning to sound a bit rapey there Dark.
    They were wearing hotpants with "Play for cash" printed on the arse cheek.

• nickthegun 5 Oct 2012 13:06:00 55,848 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Virgins name is franchised off, or at least it used to be. Virgin Wines, Virgin Cosmetics, all that caper have very little to do with the core company and are separate entities, so its quite likely 'Virgin', while probably taking a dim view of their name getting dragged through the mud, wouldnt have much to say on the matter.

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• Syrette 5 Oct 2012 13:07:31 41,801 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    /puts 50p into the.slot

• mrpon 5 Oct 2012 13:07:55 27,643 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I'd feel a right arse.

Give yourself 5 or gig, you're worth it.

• Lukus 5 Oct 2012 13:13:18 18,955 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    darkmorgado wrote:
    Lukus wrote:
    darkmorgado wrote:

That's not an invitation to grope, you sex pest!

Paintings & Photographs

• King_Edward 5 Oct 2012 13:14:41 11,454 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    darkmorgado wrote:
    Lukus wrote:
    darkmorgado wrote:

That's an invitation to look, not touch. Bad Dale!
  • spamdangled 5 Oct 2012 13:17:42 27,197 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I know that!

/looks ashamed

• graysonavich 5 Oct 2012 13:21:51 6,801 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I've seen mugwum after a weekend LAN, now *thats* offensive!
  • pinebear 5 Oct 2012 13:34:18 8,565 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    rauper wrote:
    Cosplayers and staff in character are absolutely fine - i.e. Hitman Saints, Lara Croft and so on.
    Hitman - Saints Row crossover confirmed?

• billythekid 5 Oct 2012 13:41:44 10,801 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    pinebear wrote:
    rauper wrote:
    Hitman - Saints Row crossover confirmed?
    These Saints:

Sexy nuns are accepted costumes. So maybe the booth babes could wear a crucifix and claim hot pants and boob tubes are part of their religious attire. Couldn't be banned then :)
  • spindizzy 5 Oct 2012 13:46:35 6,400 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    bitch_tits_zero_nine wrote:
    I don't really have a problem with booth babes tbh. Think some of the moral outrage sounds a bit precious, but then I guess everybody wants to project a perception of themselves and in turn their event, and, like it or not, companies using booth babes reflects on the Eurogamer brand by association.
    Yep.
  • spamdangled 5 Oct 2012 14:01:27 27,197 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Can we have a ban on male cosplay zombies with fake severed arms next year too please?

• Zomoniac 5 Oct 2012 14:13:59 7,402 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    In fact can we have an outright ban on other people? If tickets were only available to site regulars then that would solve the queue issue. Who needs to break even when you have community spirit?
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 5 Oct 2012 14:17:27 36,275 posts
    Seen 33 seconds ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    So you're saying you want real severed arms? Gotcha.

I totally called it.
    Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• mrpon 5 Oct 2012 14:23:18 27,643 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    It's not cheating if he wanks you off with the fake hand.

Give yourself 5 or gig, you're worth it.

• warlockuk 5 Oct 2012 14:44:10 19,101 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Lukus wrote:
    darkmorgado wrote:
    They're being paid to be looked at, not molested by strangers. Even if you bat for the other team that doesn't give you carte blanche to fondle another person inappropriately.

I'm a grumpy bastard.

• pinebear 5 Oct 2012 14:52:15 8,565 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    billythekid wrote:
    These Saints:
    I jest!

• spamdangled 5 Oct 2012 15:18:58 27,197 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Not sure where people are getting the idea I groped the booth babes...

• Page

of 30 First / Last