Forbidden Siren

• Page

of 1

Previous Next
  • Deleted user 2 October 2012 20:15:02
    Just started playing this. Iíve owned it for years and was put off by it the first time I played it as I could not work out Stage 1

Tonight, I solved the mission (escape police officer) within minutes - Doh!

I love the look of the game, and really like the atmosphere. Iím going to stick with it, although the Sight Jacking does seem like an odd concept to deal with.
  • -cerberus- 2 Oct 2012 23:08:46 2,870 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    The Siren games are primarily stealth games so, go in with that in mind and you'll most definitely enjoy it!

Take the plastic bag challenge to cure stupidity.

• Deleted user 4 October 2012 06:54:06
    The idea of sight jacking isn't as daunting as I thought it might be. It works really rather well.
  • DUFFMAN5 4 Oct 2012 07:08:24 14,683 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    FSII is a mark improvement as well, and I say that as someone who enjoyed FS a lot. As you say once you get the hang of Sight Jacking (sounds a bit you know rude ;) )it is a great feature.
    I actually found the games to be some of the best proper horror I have played on a console.
    I only spent a little bit of time on the 3rd game, should probably get it again.

"Duffman the grey is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• dominalien 4 Oct 2012 07:09:24 6,861 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I only played the PS3 version, but it was very good. Pre-trophies, too, which makes it even more special.

PSN: DonOsito

• One_Vurfed_Gwrx 4 Oct 2012 10:56:51 592 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I really enjoyed both of the PS2 games (haven't played my PS3 one much due to not owning the console), and they both have pros and cons. The first game had abysmal voice acting (although it gave you reason to cheer upon certain deaths I suppose) but better overall atmosphere (in my opinion, it had many little touches which I shan't spoil). It's controls were clunkier than the sequel though if I remember and it was a lot more challenging.

The sequel gave you the option of Japanese dub and english shubs (I never tried the new english dub so can't compare there) and was a lot easier to play (and complete). I recently decided (yesterday) that I need to start the first game and finish it (I got quite far last time) as I've already finished the second one.

I liked the artistic style with the weird faces (the first couple of screenshots in Edge were enough for me to take notice), and its sound effects were very effective (even in the first game amongst those lovely English voices...) It's a pity they never made a proper 3rd game on PS3 as the New Translation seemed interesting but was obviously a retelling of the first game. Is the team still around and have tehy done anything since Siren:NT?

EDIT- And of course, the sightjackign was an interesting mechanic with the lack of movement capability while viewing things, also adding to the challenege and atmosphere.

Edited by One_Vurfed_Gwrx at 10:58:22 04-10-2012
  • Cappy 4 Oct 2012 11:06:10 11,940 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    One_Vurfed_Gwrx wrote:
    Is the team still around and have tehy done anything since Siren:NT?
    Gravity Daze.

Which originally was for the PS3 but moved over to prop up the Vita launch lineup.

I suspect they won't be returning to horror games again even if the team survives the transition to another generation. SCEJ have largely removed themselves from the business of making console games at this point, which is sad, previously they were the most willing to experiment of the platform holder's divisions.
  • One_Vurfed_Gwrx 4 Oct 2012 13:43:48 592 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Cappy
    Sad really, as it was one of the more interesting horror series in my opinion, even if it only managed 2 games and a retelling...
  • Deleted user 7 October 2012 18:14:52
    Still finding the game tough. Damn that guy on the roof with his gun.

@One_Vurfed_Gwrx
    The English voices are ill fitting. I too would have prefered sub titles. FSII sounds better in that respect.

The faces really do look real in a smudgy way. A little like watching a 3rd generation copy of a film which can add to the atmosphere.

Edited by blacksea at 18:17:27 07-10-2012
  • Page

of 1

Previous Next