BMW Page 4

• Page

of 4 First / Last

Next
  • lordofdeadside 20 Oct 2012 21:45:21 1,080 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    elstoof wrote:
    In Italy it's a requirement to have your lights on during the day so amazing as the bling is, those DRL's actually do have a function.
    Yeh, my car (italian) has DRLs which can only be turned on and off with the engine off, bit odd.
  • DUFFMAN5 20 Oct 2012 21:51:54 13,795 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I have owned over 10 BMW's from 325 E30's to 540 E39's. My fave being the E34 M5, stunning car to this day.
    ...at the moment we are rocking a very old Lantra (to be fair had it 8 years and it has been brillint) and a 54 Focus ST that is rather nice. My turn for a new toy after xmas (my last BMW being over 2 years ago now :( ) so thinking a 5-7 year old E60 sport or a 330 ci.

Say what you want about them/the drivers, but I loves me a BMW.

"Duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• superdelphinus 20 Oct 2012 22:40:45 7,262 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    why don't they make the interiors nicer though? I've driven the ass out of this car this weekend and it is simply a level above audi or vw in terms of driving the thing. shame it is a bit like a japanese hifi inside
  • Bremenacht 20 Oct 2012 23:00:21 15,741 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Phew - how much did that M5 cost to run? I once very much liked the idea of getting an E39 M5. Cost of running such a car put me off.

Once an eagle taught me courage. And I will never forget that day

• bladdard 20 Oct 2012 23:12:51 811 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I got my first BMW a couple of weeks ago, it's the latest 3 series (F30 320D Luxury with professional sat nav) and it's a lovely car inside and out. The F30 interior is as nice the A4 but the drive is smiles better.

With it being my first I'm still trying to buck the arrogant cock trend but it's probably just a question of time before I completely forget how to drive and show other motorists and pedestrians courtesy.
  • elstoof 20 Oct 2012 23:24:36 6,136 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Is the professional sat nav the one that plots the chart for optimum cutting up of other drivers on the motorway?
  • bladdard 20 Oct 2012 23:29:06 811 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    elstoof wrote:
    Is the professional sat nav the one that plots the chart for optimum cutting up of other drivers on the motorway?
    Nope that's the complete tosser option, comes free with almost all German cars.
  • superdelphinus 21 Oct 2012 01:13:25 7,262 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Sorry but the f30 interior is nowhere near as good as even a last gen a3, let alone an a4

Edited by superdelphinus at 01:13:44 21-10-2012
  • bladdard 21 Oct 2012 09:56:19 811 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    superdelphinus wrote:
    Sorry but the f30 interior is nowhere near as good as even a last gen a3, let alone an a4
    Having recently test driven both I would disagree but that's comparing an A4 s-line to an F30 luxury spec (black interior). I much preferred the seat comfort on the Audi and the cabin noise levels but other than that the BMW had it beat in every other dept imho.
  • superdelphinus 21 Oct 2012 11:00:22 7,262 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I don't know about the top of the line versions, but I've owned two audis and have this bmw now (all mid-range spec wise), and unless it comes to personal taste and you like a lot of hard plastic and space ship style centre consoles I disagree! All subjective I suppose, but I don't think it's too controversial to say that Audi have superior interior quality. BMW is much better to drive though, no doubt.

Anyway this is world's most middle class argument
  • nickthegun 21 Oct 2012 11:40:25 55,848 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Audi shouldn't be allowed to put the s-line trim on just any old shit.

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• superdelphinus 21 Oct 2012 12:06:20 7,262 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    especially when the massive wheels make the ride even shitter
  • Zerobob 21 Oct 2012 12:16:56 1,602 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    superdelphinus wrote:
    why don't they make the interiors nicer though? I've driven the ass out of this car this weekend and it is simply a level above audi or vw in terms of driving the thing. shame it is a bit like a japanese hifi inside
    I know what you mean! I own a BMW E46 318i Coupe and, although it's a bit old now, I think they looked ahead of their time in terms of exterior styling and they handle brilliantly, but they don't seem to be following suit with Audi and other performance saloon manufacturers in terms of fancy interiors and their use of chrome... And I think that's the point. BMW don't seem to want to over-style their interiors, and instead want to keep it simple, solid and functional, which most may consider a down-side.

That said, I really like my fully black half leather interior in my BMW with subtle silver highlights on the doors and wheel, and the rest is just simple and black. I absolutely love the leather steering wheel too actually. It adds so much to the interior and I've rarely seen another one like it on other E46s. Top tip: go for a sexy leather steering wheel if possible. You'll love using it, and buyers will love it too.

BMW interiors may be a little boring on the whole, but I can't help but think all that chrome on Audi interiors will age badly anyway, as their exterior styling does. The exterior styling on BMWs seems to age a lot better and is so much more distinctive than on Audis, with each series of BMW having it's own distinct styling representative of its era, ageing with dignity and a touch of class too. I see an Audi and all I think is "company car"; They're so safe, boring and "rounded" to look at, with no chances taken on styling whatsoever. Not the sort of car I'd spend my hard-earned cash on and not the sort of car that ages well, due to it's complete lack of personality and distinctiveness styling-wise.
  • superdelphinus 21 Oct 2012 12:30:48 7,262 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    "BMW don't seem to want to over-style their interiors, and instead want to keep it simple, solid and functional, which most may consider a down-side."

It's funny, but I think it's the complete opposite. I see BMW interiors as being a little bit over styled, in the same way that sony hifis were in the 90s. It's all big bits of silver plastic and foot long swirly control units. audi and vw seem much more simple, but better quality materials and more stylish to me. hey ho

one spanner in the works is that the mk 7 golf was released for order yesterday and for the same price I could get a top-spec one of them with an utter cock of an engine....

another couple of years of eurobox driving or an ultimate driver's machine??
  • superdelphinus 21 Oct 2012 12:33:28 7,262 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @Zerobob definitely agree with the exterior styling though
  • Page

of 4 First / Last

Next