Am I unreasonable? Page 4

• Page

of 5 First / Last

• neilka 2 Oct 2012 15:36:33 15,861 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Not Razz then.

A map is like comparing velocity and speed.

• glaeken 2 Oct 2012 15:37:46 11,144 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Put it in but paint it the same colour as the walls in the room. Cover some of the lower part in the same floor covering you have in the room. You will need to judge the perspective correction on this so when viewing from the place you don't want to see the pole from the covering comes up to the correct level to hide it.
  • mrpon 2 Oct 2012 15:39:16 28,781 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Time for your pills Mr Glaeken, there there.

Give yourself £5 or ½ gig, you're worth it.

• megastar 2 Oct 2012 15:40:50 17,176 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    put one in the garage if she's desperate!

you don't want to come home from work and put your feet up and relax on the sofa with a nice pair of slippers on - watching Sky Sports News and all of a sudden have some bloody arms and legs flailing about all over the place!

Not in my day!
  • Blakester 2 Oct 2012 15:40:56 3,602 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I say go for it.

Pop it in the bedroom, buy a leopard skin bed-spread and mirror tile the ceiling and you can lay on the bed in a leather thong and blonde wig pretending you're Peter Stringfellow.

When you can't see the angles on the wall you're in trouble.

• sport 2 Oct 2012 15:49:56 12,703 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    megastar wrote:
    put one in the garage if she's desperate!
    This is quickly turning into some dirty snuff film.
  • Razz 2 Oct 2012 15:50:21 61,094 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Tell she can have the pole if shes willing let you FHUTA. It's both something hard and long that you don't want somewhere personal.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    Steam/PSN/XBOX: Razztafarai | 3DS: 1246-9674-8856

• Deleted user 2 October 2012 15:51:15
    You get to fill the house with your shit like games consoles, why can't she have a pole?
  • mrpon 2 Oct 2012 15:52:18 28,781 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Who pays the majority of the mortgage?

• Deleted user 2 October 2012 15:55:17
    She has to put up with his tearful begging for sex once a month. I think she's earned a treat for that.
  • megastar 2 Oct 2012 15:56:49 17,176 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Aargh. wrote:
    You get to fill the house with your shit like games consoles, why can't she have a pole?
    Thats like saying, you treated yourself to a DVD so i bought myself a TANK!!
  • TechnoHippy 2 Oct 2012 15:57:43 14,710 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Make her watch Enemy Mine - she will then understand why she can't have a pole.

My books, contests, reviews and author interviews on my blog

• SClaw 2 Oct 2012 16:14:53 826 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Simple solution. Express an interest in the “fitness” side of the pole yourself.

It’s a new house fitting, a shared thing. Suggest that you might fancy giving it a go, if it’s that good for you and such seeing as it’s there. “Maybe we could go together, love, to classes and such! You know how I love spending time with you on your interests!” etc. Watch her drop that shit like a hot brick.

Obviously… you’re bluff may backfire tragically (and hilariously).
  • Razz 2 Oct 2012 16:16:43 61,094 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Oh she wants it there? Seems aggresive.

Steam/PSN/XBOX: Razztafarai | 3DS: 1246-9674-8856

• SClaw 2 Oct 2012 16:20:55 826 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @rodpad And if nothing else that will create more quality gaming time!
  • mrpon 2 Oct 2012 16:20:59 28,781 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    If this is your setup, fine go for it.

If it's this, perhaps not.

• BinaryBob101 2 Oct 2012 16:31:16 22,664 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Hang on a mo, this is a bit of a pointless argument. The decent poles out there to buy are pretty easy to erect and dismantle. Easy enough to do it after each session.

Sorry if I'm being too serious.

Sir_Walter_Rally wrote:
    Many films are based on phone charge running out and being trapped somewhere...

• megastar 2 Oct 2012 17:09:25 17,176 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    You should be, Bob! You have ruined this for everyone!
  • kalel 2 Oct 2012 17:14:01 87,131 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I hear poles can be less easy to erect as the years go by.
  • rudedudejude 2 Oct 2012 17:16:15 2,163 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Tell her to dance round your pole!
  • FogHeart 2 Oct 2012 17:41:57 944 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Agree to get the removeable pole if:-

1) If she doesn't use it for over a week then you are permitted to remove it and store it somewhere. And proper use, a half hour at least.

2) She can ask you to put it back, but only twice or three times. After that she has to put it back herself.

3) She is not permitted any other exercise devices while she has that one.

4) If it sits in storage for a month you are permitted to dispose of it, and either charge her for the inconvenience or pocket any money gained from its sale for yourself whichever applies. Letting the fad drop should be something that hurts her in the pocket and puts money in yours.

It works because:-

1) She is grossly overestimating her resolve to use this as a keep fit regime. Of course we know it's partly asserting authority, seeing that she can make your shared abode be what she wants it to be. She won't stick to it, it's ridiculous and whimsical.

2) She'll grossly overestimate her resolve to do things for herself. "Oh, I've already asked him twice, shall I try to put it up? Nah, sod it, when is EastEnders on?

3) By the time you can dispose of it (don't tell her just do it) she'll have forgotten that it's there in storage. Tell her if it ever comes up, which would be at her next fad, and she'll reflect on how it's just put money in your pocket in the long run.
  • Gruff 2 Oct 2012 18:00:25 2,855 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I had this exact same problem with a ex of mine, was always against getting a pole installed, I was of the opinion it was a low class and somewhat slutty method of keeping fit.

Turns out the ex was well matched

/Judgement may be somewhat clouded

Edited by Gruff at 18:01:26 02-10-2012

“It's not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it's not possible to find it elsewhere.”
    ― Agnes Repplier

• kinky_mong 2 Oct 2012 18:04:09 10,160 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Have any erection jokes been made yet? I would hate for this thread to pass without one?

Or a joke about the similarity between the object of a pole and the races of people known as poles?

Edited by kinky_mong at 18:13:00 02-10-2012

All the eurogamers who actually play with each other on xbl rather than just post pseudointellectual pc handwringing bollocks on the forums, love the shit out of biggy.

• Toonster 2 Oct 2012 19:43:03 6,842 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I really miss these sort of threads on EG. I miss the days of BlizeH's emotional issues and threads about why men have nipples.

3DS: 0361-6951-2609 (Tom)

• Kostabi 2 Oct 2012 19:48:29 4,911 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    This thread got me through a slow afternoon at work so thanks all.
  • kadooosh 2 Oct 2012 23:02:16 1,375 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    FogHeart wrote:
    Agree to get the removeable pole if:-

1) If she doesn't use it for over a week then you are permitted to remove it and store it somewhere. And proper use, a half hour at least.

2) She can ask you to put it back, but only twice or three times. After that she has to put it back herself.

3) She is not permitted any other exercise devices while she has that one.

4) If it sits in storage for a month you are permitted to dispose of it, and either charge her for the inconvenience or pocket any money gained from its sale for yourself whichever applies. Letting the fad drop should be something that hurts her in the pocket and puts money in yours.

It works because:-

1) She is grossly overestimating her resolve to use this as a keep fit regime. Of course we know it's partly asserting authority, seeing that she can make your shared abode be what she wants it to be. She won't stick to it, it's ridiculous and whimsical.

2) She'll grossly overestimate her resolve to do things for herself. "Oh, I've already asked him twice, shall I try to put it up? Nah, sod it, when is EastEnders on?

3) By the time you can dispose of it (don't tell her just do it) she'll have forgotten that it's there in storage. Tell her if it ever comes up, which would be at her next fad, and she'll reflect on how it's just put money in your pocket in the long run.
    I like this idea!
  • kadooosh 2 Oct 2012 23:04:05 1,375 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Toonster wrote:
    I really miss these sort of threads on EG. I miss the days of BlizeH's emotional issues and threads about why men have nipples.
    I was hesitant on posting it tbh, half I did though made me laugh and has some decent responses in!

Good to know alot of people have the same reaction to me... 'in the living room?? Fuck off!'

Well see tho..
  • Page

of 5 First / Last