Have you ever listed Video Games in your interests part of you C.V Page 4

  • Page

    of 4 First / Last

    Next
  • TVoJ 1 Oct 2012 20:51:12 2,028 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    True story. I had an interview for gamestation (got the job), and actually got asked
    "if you were a computer game character, who would you be? "
    Really? I know it's a game store but come on.

    Anyway I answered pac man coz I loves eating. It was all I could think of at the time but it seemed to work. Thinking of it later I'd wish I'd said ajax from the warriors.
  • spamdangled 1 Oct 2012 20:54:46 27,426 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Ironlungs76 wrote:
    "My empire is unhappy? Fuck them, send my workers to the front line, let my enemies learn the lesson that more proletariat suffering is the way to world domination"
    I heard that's how Andrew Mitchell got his job in government.

    3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

  • nickthegun 1 Oct 2012 21:03:50 61,093 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    TVoJ wrote:
    True story. I had an interview for gamestation (got the job), and actually got asked
    "if you were a computer game character, who would you be? "
    Really? I know it's a game store but come on.

    Anyway I answered pac man coz I loves eating. It was all I could think of at the time but it seemed to work. Thinking of it later I'd wish I'd said ajax from the warriors.
    "I would be tommy vercetti because I love punching hookers"

    ---------------------------------------------------------
    My man gives real loving that's why I call him Killer
    He's not a wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am, he's a thriller

  • Deleted user 1 October 2012 21:06:45
    darkmorgado wrote:
    Ironlungs76 wrote:
    "My empire is unhappy? Fuck them, send my workers to the front line, let my enemies learn the lesson that more proletariat suffering is the way to world domination"
    I heard that's how Andrew Mitchell got his job in government.
    He obviously plays a lot of Civ 5 so more kudos him :D
  • Deleted user 1 October 2012 21:21:59
    darkmorgado wrote:
    SolidSCB wrote:
    Resource management. Haha! "Listen mate, I've finished Resident Evil with a full clip of Magnum rounds and 3 herbs to spare, I think I can save money for this piddly little company".
    :-) I was thinking more of stuff like strategy games and the like - particularly city builders like Sim City etc. Stuff like Eve have their own economists after all, so there has to be some value there.
    Nope. None because what those games give you is 0.001% of what an actual job involves.
  • heyyo 1 Oct 2012 21:27:09 14,371 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Fantomex wrote:
    You don't really have to put your interests on a CV at all. It's not really what employers are looking at when they look through them.
    Truth. I was at an recruitment agency this morning, they gave my CV a good going over and deleted my whole "interests" section before accepting it. Made me feel pretty worthless but hey...
  • Deleted user 1 October 2012 21:30:15
    In my area they make a big deal about your interests. Ive had interviews where they have only questioned me on hobbies/sports.Bloody annoying when you spend over a year volunteering in 3 jobs!
  • Deleted user 1 October 2012 21:30:26
    Aargh. wrote:
    darkmorgado wrote:
    SolidSCB wrote:
    Resource management. Haha! "Listen mate, I've finished Resident Evil with a full clip of Magnum rounds and 3 herbs to spare, I think I can save money for this piddly little company".
    :-) I was thinking more of stuff like strategy games and the like - particularly city builders like Sim City etc. Stuff like Eve have their own economists after all, so there has to be some value there.
    Nope. None because what those games give you is 0.001% of what an actual job involves.
    Point. Missed. Entirely.
  • Deleted user 1 October 2012 21:35:44
    No I haven't. Why don't you enlighten us with the deep and meaningful insight mongo was offering?
  • Deleted user 1 October 2012 21:40:39
    Aargh. wrote:
    No I haven't. Why don't you enlighten us with the deep and meaningful insight mongo was offering?
    You don't play much Civ then?
  • chopsen 1 Oct 2012 21:41:56 16,209 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    What kind of job would be playing Civ be considered as asset for?
  • Deleted user 1 October 2012 21:43:28
    So it's not missing the point and more disagreeing.

    And you're wrong.
  • heyyo 1 Oct 2012 21:43:41 14,371 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Professional Civ gamer?
  • Deleted user 1 October 2012 21:43:42
    Chopsen wrote:
    What kind of job would be playing Civ be considered as asset for?
    President of the World!
  • mrpon 1 Oct 2012 21:45:23 29,430 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Baker?

    Give yourself 5 or gig, you're worth it.

  • Deleted user 1 October 2012 21:46:45
    Hitlers right hand man.
  • chopsen 1 Oct 2012 21:46:56 16,209 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    "So, we're looking for someone with a firm understanding of the financial reporting standards we are required to meet, and be able to communicate them to the sales team using non-technical language that would facilitate them in meeting their targets and staying in budget. Do you think you're the man for the job?"

    "Sure! I nuked Gandhi once!"
  • Deleted user 1 October 2012 21:46:57
    Hey, I just like to spice up discourse :D
  • Deleted user 1 October 2012 21:47:49
    Also, waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
  • Deleted user 1 October 2012 21:50:15
    Chopsen wrote:

    "Sure! I nuked Gandhi once!"
    He's the fkr you need to look out for, all bells and whistles with Ghandi,...
  • chopsen 1 Oct 2012 21:53:32 16,209 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    He's much better in V I think. A right bastard in IV though, agreed.
  • MrSensible 1 Oct 2012 22:58:12 25,295 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Gandhi should always be befriended, then double crossed. It's the only way.
  • Bremenacht 1 Oct 2012 23:13:59 19,415 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I suppose you could put 'gaming theory' on your CV. That's trendy.
  • Deleted user 1 October 2012 23:33:14
    Except then they ask wtf is gaming theory an you explain making mario collect stars.
  • ElNuevo9 2 Oct 2012 05:40:56 13,550 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Did someone just say ACHIEVEMENTS BINDER?

    Hated, adored, never ignored.

  • darkengy 2 Oct 2012 10:23:08 98 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Post deleted

    http://imageshack.us/a/img560/1597/991762527d75cbac3d9c6ff.gif

  • MrTomFTW Moderator 2 Oct 2012 11:13:37 39,382 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Post to unbreak the thread.

    Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

  • Page

    of 4 First / Last

    Next
Log in or register to reply