• Page

of 51 First / Last

Next
  • RedSparrows 19 Jun 2013 23:44:40 20,754 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    TechnoHippy wrote:
    @RedSparrows

I read it and enjoyed it. The language was a little elaborate for my taste, but it suited the story. I do think I missed something though as I didn't get the point of it.

Probably just me being dim :-)
    Thanks. I toned it down a fair bit, and tried to keep it relatively simple. Interesting that you didn't get the point - I must be clearer! I am trying something quite hard and I'm not sure I have the skill for it.

Edited by RedSparrows at 23:45:13 19-06-2013
  • Deleted user 2 July 2013 02:01:23
    Well, if anyone cared to read the lit mag that I was working on over the spring, it finally launched (online at least - print copy is due in the fall) here - http://www.cwilitmag.com/basalt-online-now-available/ - pdf, epub and mobi files available. I've got two stories in there.
  • TechnoHippy 2 Jul 2013 16:16:11 14,637 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @meme

Which ones are yours?

My books, contests, reviews and author interviews on my blog

• Deleted user 2 July 2013 16:39:36
    Timeless (p7) and Names (p94).
  • Deleted user 2 July 2013 17:04:26
    Anyone read about that girl, Lucy Saxon that threw together a novel in three weeks and got such a good reception on NNWM that she landed a three book publishing deal. Bloody impressive, slightly less so when you read that her dad, CEO of a football club knew some agents. But still bloody impressive.

Edited by mowgli at 17:04:41 02-07-2013
  • TechnoHippy 3 Jul 2013 11:28:28 14,637 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @meme

Timeless:

I'm liking the form. I always find present tense a little strange, especially when you're reliving the past, but you pull it off well.

It has an odd mixture of impersonal and personal that makes it stand out - nice work!

Names:

Interesting start. The mystery of who the man is builds suspense nicely. Good story and I appreciated the conclusion.

My books, contests, reviews and author interviews on my blog

• Metalfish 7 Jul 2013 22:18:37 8,689 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    You know how I sorta finally finished something recently? I've "unfinished" it by going back to it to continue the story since remembering I left it full of dangling threads. I am full of fail.

Meme's on the reading list, looks good at cursory glance. Plan on getting much more reading&writing done on the summer hols.
  • Page

of 51 First / Last

Next