National Novel Writing Month 2012 Page 41

• Page

of 51 First / Last

• TechnoHippy 7 Dec 2012 15:29:02 14,644 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    David B read The Cult of Me and liked it, so I was asked. Good news indeed :-)

My books, contests, reviews and author interviews on my blog

• MetalDog 7 Dec 2012 15:36:47 23,706 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    That really is mint. You must have squealed like a girl when they contacted you =D

-- boobs do nothing for me, I want moustaches and chest hair.

• RobTheBuilder 7 Dec 2012 15:38:49 6,521 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @TechnoHippy Well done!
  • RobTheBuilder 7 Dec 2012 15:40:11 6,521 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    New chapter: 24. The Sun Always Shines on TV

Tony wakes up with a hangover...

http://nanowrimo-theentertainer.blogspot.co.uk/2012/12/24-sun-always-shines-on-tv.html
  • Deleted user 7 December 2012 17:50:03
    That's bloody awesome news. Good job, TH!
  • Blerk Moderator 7 Dec 2012 18:29:31 48,224 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    wtf? That's amazing, Techno! Bloody great congratulations, chap!
  • TechnoHippy 7 Dec 2012 18:50:51 14,644 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @MetalDog

It was a little easier than that - I do work there. I guess it's another way to get some overtime off me :-)

But yes I am excited :-)

• Carbon_Altered 7 Dec 2012 19:30:51 675 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    TechnoHippy wrote:
    @MetalDog

It was a little easier than that - I do work there. I guess it's another way to get some overtime off me :-)

Hang on. You're working on the new Elite game? Or have I horribly misunderstood?
  • TechnoHippy 7 Dec 2012 19:32:37 14,644 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @RobTheBuilder

A bit of trouble at home - harsh :-)

Damn - too short!

• RobTheBuilder 7 Dec 2012 19:38:15 6,521 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @TechnoHippy it was a bit short! Didn't want to drag it out too long though!
  • TechnoHippy 7 Dec 2012 21:00:52 14,644 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Carbon_Altered wrote:
    TechnoHippy wrote:
    @MetalDog

Hang on. You're working on the new Elite game? Or have I horribly misunderstood?
    I work for the same company, but I will be looking after the fiction for the universe which means I get to write the official novel and work with the other authors doing tie-ins.

• Carbon_Altered 7 Dec 2012 21:05:55 675 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    TechnoHippy wrote:
    Carbon_Altered wrote:
    TechnoHippy wrote:
    @MetalDog

I work for the same company, but I will be looking after the fiction for the universe which means I get to write the official novel and work with the other authors doing tie-ins.
    Well they are all in safe hands

Good luck and please keep us posted on how it all goes
  • TechnoHippy 7 Dec 2012 21:21:14 14,644 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Thanks I will do.It should be interesting as I still want to write my own stuff, keep my day job and do this-time is going to be short for a couple of years :-)

• sunjumper 8 Dec 2012 13:14:48 2,993 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    TechnoHippy wrote:
    Carbon_Altered wrote:
    TechnoHippy wrote:
    @MetalDog

I am gone for a day and then this happens?

Congratulations!

I loved the lore included in the Elite games. It gave the universe that much more atmosphere.
    As other have said I feel that the fiction for that world is in very good hands with you.
  • sunjumper 8 Dec 2012 13:23:20 2,993 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @MetalDog
    Thank you very much for your feedback!

The price of amnesia was in great part exactly for that. To cut the boring crap out of stories. So far it means that I could simply focus on what I thought was important, it also helped see when things were just 'blah, blah, blah' that went nowhere.
    I am now considering to use better cuts in normal stories too. Films never feel the need (well most of them) to bore you with age long transitions and of those that do the really good ones make all the transition worth seeing.

I am going to have a long hard look at the bear bit after I'm done. There are a few things there that strike me as good ideas that don't quite work.

Adman and Adrian. Damn. I was sure that this time there was no name confusion. For most of the story I should be in the clear though.
  • TechnoHippy 8 Dec 2012 13:31:44 14,644 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @sunjumper

• TechnoHippy 8 Dec 2012 20:57:32 14,644 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Off topic as usual :-) but I'mlooking for test readers for 'Conversations in the Abyss' the sequel to last year's 'The Cult of Me'. I'm hoping to have it ready by end of play tomorrow, maybe Monday. If you're interested then just give me a shout.

Thanks!

• sunjumper 8 Dec 2012 21:17:14 2,993 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Count me in.
  • Salaman 8 Dec 2012 23:08:42 18,265 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I didn't read this cult novel but feel free to chuck a copy my way.

General question. I have an ipad since a few days. I saw a kindle app for it and downloaded it. It requires me to sign into Amazon, which I did and not surprisingly it's all blank after that. Could I stick any e-boko on there somehow or do I strictly have to go and buy them from Amazon before I can load them on.

If that's the case, any ipad e-reader app that's recommended? I have 0 e-books but I'm sure I'll find something of interest in the "available free online" category sooner or later.
  • localnotail 8 Dec 2012 23:12:42 23,093 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    TechnoHippy wrote:
    Off topic as usual :-) but I'mlooking for test readers for 'Conversations in the Abyss' the sequel to last year's 'The Cult of Me'. I'm hoping to have it ready by end of play tomorrow, maybe Monday. If you're interested then just give me a shout.

Thanks!
    o/

Well done in this thread too over the Elite job. Another reason to cross everything in hope it makes it to production.

A strange game. The only winning move is not to play.

• RobTheBuilder 9 Dec 2012 01:52:02 6,521 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Chapter 25. Oh What a Night (part one)

What happened the night before. Tony meets Nigel, Patrick and Abbie for a night out.

http://nanowrimo-theentertainer.blogspot.co.uk/2012/12/25-oh-what-night-part-one.html
  • sunjumper 9 Dec 2012 02:31:59 2,993 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Writing in progress.
    Yesterday was a shitty fucking shit day. So I ignored my writing duties for once. Today I am back typing away. The new chapter is surprisingly hard to write.

16590 words in the end.

No update tonight. Either tomorrow or Monday.

Now for some (quick?) feedback

@MetalDog

A.S. (like a P.S. but before the text) I almost forgot about the heart-wood. The part of the tree that is still alive is the outermost layer under the bark. The parts of the stem that lay deeper inside the tree are quite dead. As long as you leave the outer parts intact the tree will live happily ever after. You'll see hollow trees that are still alive and sprouting ever so often, plus squirrels and birds make their comfy homes inside trees without killing them. Nerdy detail, the reason the hole in the tree that Kim cut is that of a long vertical oval is to minimise the damage done to the living parts of the tree.

Chapter 31
    For me Polish and Russian sound rather similar. For which I have been declared a deaf idiot by both Russians and Poles.

Flats well insulated from sound?!? What a glorious future!

Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy.

Looks like a solid lead right here.

I wonder how you can actually stop writing here, have you no heart for your readers?

Well done. The flow of the chapter is a bit slow, but it does work well with the end of it.
  • TechnoHippy 9 Dec 2012 11:07:43 14,644 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    sunjumper wrote:
    Count me in.
    Cool - can you pm me your email address?

• TechnoHippy 9 Dec 2012 11:20:31 14,644 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @RobTheBuilder

Chapter 25:

Again, great conversation. It could do with a little place setting.

The military talk was funny, although a little confusing for the first few lines.

Nice ending, pregnant with promise :-)

• Carbon_Altered 9 Dec 2012 19:20:04 675 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    TechnoHippy wrote:

Thanks!
    Yes please. Let me know if you need an email addy, but you may have mine
  • TechnoHippy 9 Dec 2012 20:10:08 14,644 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @Carbon_Altered

I probably have, but can you pm me it again just in case - thanks.

• RobTheBuilder 9 Dec 2012 20:12:54 6,521 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @TechnoHippy cheers. Plan will be to go back and flesh out settings on first edit. Wanted to get the conversation and details down while they were in my head!
  • TechnoHippy 9 Dec 2012 20:26:27 14,644 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    No worries, it's a minor thing you can easily fix.

• MetalDog 10 Dec 2012 10:40:10 23,706 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @sunjumper

I have learned something about trees!

Polish contains more Z's, Russian more B's - to me one sounds a lot sharper the other rounder. Can't understand a word either of them are saying beyond 'yes' and 'no' though =)

I'm still writing, but having gleefully thrown a big fucking spanner in my own timings with that last update, it's a bit tough at the moment working out how/when things go.

Good to see your wordcount is thundering along - how long until finish do you feel you are?

-- boobs do nothing for me, I want moustaches and chest hair.

• RedSparrows 10 Dec 2012 10:46:19 20,765 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Russian and Polish sound really different after a few moments of listening.

I am writing a short story, if anyone would care to read I'd be grateful, but no worries if not.
  • Page

of 51 First / Last