Download Festival 2013

• Page

of 1

Previous Next
  • Syrette 28 Sep 2012 00:46:13 45,284 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago

If that's in the order of days, are Rammstein really big enough to be closing the festival?

Edited by Syrette at 00:47:02 28-09-2012
  • themanfromdelmonte 28 Sep 2012 18:06:54 617 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Syrette wrote:

If that's in the order of days, are Rammstein really big enough to be closing the festival?
    It is.

They sell out stadium show after stadium show. As a live draw today they're certainly bigger than Sabbath, so.

My concern with this set of headliners, is the lack of variety. Slipknot, a metal band with a theatrical stageshow. Ditto Maiden. Copy/Paste, Rammstein. The only hint of variety, is that Maiden aren't as heavy and from a different era to the other 2.

But I'm all bent out of shape because the Pearl Jam "leak." got my hopes up :(.
  • GuiltySpark 28 Sep 2012 18:08:49 6,612 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Last festival I went to was Sonisphere, with Rammstein and Iron Maiden headlining...

: (

Rammstein put on a hell of a show though, even if I'm not overly fond of the music.
  • GuiltySpark 28 Sep 2012 18:10:02 6,612 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Also I'm fairly sure Download have been trying to get Rammstein for a long, long time now.
  • themanfromdelmonte 28 Sep 2012 18:19:02 617 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @GuiltySpark

People have been asking for them for years. iirc, the organisers showed the local council a performance video and got the go ahead as far back as 2006.

If the weather's sh1t again, at least you'd be able to go to the front for a warm. I was a fair way back at Soni 2010 (about half way between the PA barrier and the front) and I felt like I'd been stood next to a bonfire afterwards.
  • GuiltySpark 28 Sep 2012 18:23:33 6,612 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I was right at the front, I had a new camera so I was taking some pretty decent photos of them. The massive cannon came on and I was right next to it, I thought fuck, something cools going to happen. Hit record on my camera, pointed it up at the cannon...

and got covered in fucking foam. My camera buttons are STILL sticky.
  • Page

of 1

Previous Next