Download Festival 2013

• Page

of 1

Previous Next
  • Syrette 28 Sep 2012 00:46:13 43,596 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago

If that's in the order of days, are Rammstein really big enough to be closing the festival?

Edited by Syrette at 00:47:02 28-09-2012

• themanfromdelmonte 28 Sep 2012 18:06:54 582 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Syrette wrote:

If that's in the order of days, are Rammstein really big enough to be closing the festival?
    It is.

They sell out stadium show after stadium show. As a live draw today they're certainly bigger than Sabbath, so.

My concern with this set of headliners, is the lack of variety. Slipknot, a metal band with a theatrical stageshow. Ditto Maiden. Copy/Paste, Rammstein. The only hint of variety, is that Maiden aren't as heavy and from a different era to the other 2.

But I'm all bent out of shape because the Pearl Jam "leak." got my hopes up :(.
  • GuiltySpark 28 Sep 2012 18:08:49 6,401 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Last festival I went to was Sonisphere, with Rammstein and Iron Maiden headlining...

: (

Rammstein put on a hell of a show though, even if I'm not overly fond of the music.

Get bent.

• GuiltySpark 28 Sep 2012 18:10:02 6,401 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Also I'm fairly sure Download have been trying to get Rammstein for a long, long time now.

Get bent.

• themanfromdelmonte 28 Sep 2012 18:19:02 582 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @GuiltySpark

People have been asking for them for years. iirc, the organisers showed the local council a performance video and got the go ahead as far back as 2006.

If the weather's sh1t again, at least you'd be able to go to the front for a warm. I was a fair way back at Soni 2010 (about half way between the PA barrier and the front) and I felt like I'd been stood next to a bonfire afterwards.
  • GuiltySpark 28 Sep 2012 18:23:33 6,401 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I was right at the front, I had a new camera so I was taking some pretty decent photos of them. The massive cannon came on and I was right next to it, I thought fuck, something cools going to happen. Hit record on my camera, pointed it up at the cannon...

and got covered in fucking foam. My camera buttons are STILL sticky.

Get bent.

• Page

of 1

Previous Next