Little big planet user created levels

• Page

of 1

Previous Next
  • Afiddes 22 Sep 2012 11:47:08 1,164 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    So It has been a day since the game was released and I am sure there are some delightful little levels been made.

I thought that maybe instead of just posting levels you have created maybe we could also include others that we feel deserve attention

I haven't had a chance to try any yet but would love to know what you lot have seen/done

3DS: 5198 2465 6450

• Edtuckerartist 22 Sep 2012 13:33:14 160 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Playing through the game to open up as much as I can before I go into serious creation mode.

Did play a good Mario level but got stuck part way through as could not get up a pipe. :(
  • TheMightyRose 27 Oct 2012 22:47:50 174 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    If you build it Affides he will come.

The Mighty Rose has recently published his own level (Timeless) and is now trying out community levels while he takes a break from creating.

A great one I found today was the following:

TEXTVENTURE by AGARWEL

As the title suggests this is a text based adventure level and is really well written and although the spelling is off in places and certain words have been censored it is still a great effort.
    Anyone who has read the classic Fighting Fantasy books should enjoy this level. It is very witty in places and is a great example of the different types of levels people can come up with on lbp vita.

I will try and play a lot more community levels over the next few days, while I wait for the rash on my bum to clear up, and if I find any more hidden gems I will post them here.
  • TheMightyRose 29 Oct 2012 22:36:03 174 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    SPIRIT BREAKERS by JKTHREE

This level involves the player hunting down ghosts in a large mansion. There are different weapon types and a variety of ghosts that roam through the highly detailed rooms which the player has to hunt down to rack up points. It is a timed level but is really good fun and when I played this it had only had about 50 plays and I really think it deserves a lot more.
  • Flying_Pig 30 Oct 2012 16:31:14 10,686 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Two from me:

Nocturnal by TheNotorious-187

Shadows Vita by Slurmmackenzie

Both do something interesting with the whole platforming thing.

And finally played The Mighty Rose's level. Really great puzzles - looking forward to more.
  • TheMightyRose 31 Oct 2012 16:37:49 174 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @Flying_Pig

Thanks. Glad you managed to get through the clock puzzle. Some people are still complaining about that! I even had one player who moaned at me because my level is just in English!

If I had to translate my level into other languages I would never have time to be able to create anything else.

Some times I think some people in the online community expect too much from others. There is only so much even The Mighty Rose, yes, THE Mighty Rose can do.
  • Flying_Pig 31 Oct 2012 17:00:28 10,686 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yeah - the clock puzzle was a bugger, but I knew I'd seen something of a similar shape to the hands earlier in the level.

I thought the waste-paper bin clue was brilliant!
  • TheMightyRose 31 Oct 2012 17:17:14 174 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    You know I never even noticed that with the clock hands! We'll keep that bit of info between us Flying_Pig! He he.

As for the trash clue that was actually my second choice. Originally the player had to put the bits of pieces together like a jigsaw. However, it did not work like that and whenever they came into contact with each other they would dissolve and ruin the puzzle for the player. Making them indestructible and even using gravity to slow them down made no difference and so I was forced to try something else. Thankfully the resulting touch puzzle I came up with seems to be well liked if feedback from other people is anything to go by.

Often in create I end up going with something different than what I originally intended and usually it ends up working better although not always!
  • whoshill 1 Nov 2012 12:53:19 88 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I need to start playing some of these. Sound great.

This is my first lbp game, and have created a very basic level so will try and fire that on. It'd nothing special though, just so I can try and get a feel for creation. The options are immense and a bit overwhelming though
  • Flying_Pig 6 Nov 2012 21:24:51 10,686 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    My first proper level - Train Heist is up!

http://vita.lbp.me/v/e1ksh

Enjoy :)
  • gonzo1123 25 Nov 2012 14:37:50 1 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Just published my first level, "As above so below"
    Platformer, not too long nor too hard, see what happens if you die between the big bounce checkpoint and the next one.
  • TheMightyRose 18 Dec 2012 18:27:54 174 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Guys!

A legend has returned.

That's right it's me Tim Rose. You know Tim Rose, aka The Mighty Rose, yes, THE Mighty Rose!

Gonzo son, I searched for your level and could not find it. What gives? Have you changed the title or something? The Mighty Rose (me!) would be interested in trying it out.

In the meantime I have finally finished my latest level called The Thing. It is of course based on the classic John Carpenter movie and is set just after the events of the movie. To get a top score you need to find all the secret items I have stashed in the base and there is a cool bonus for anyone who does

http://vita.lbp.me/v/esz1x

Now I'm off to make my obligatory Tuesday evening curry. There is nothing better than that burning at the back of your throat and the feeling that molten lava is flowing down your pipes. All right!
  • Roddy100 18 Dec 2012 20:20:20 750 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The screenshots look fantastic! Looking forward to playing this one. You have a real talent for visuals. 'Timeless' looked amazing too :)
  • TheMightyRose 28 Feb 2013 15:50:48 174 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I am no longer creating in this game but have played some more great levels that could do with more plays by the community of LBP vita.

BLADE RUNNER by Wolfy_616
    http://vita.lbp.me/v/b149m

More of an interactive movie than a playable level but it is worth playing just for the amount of detail that is put into it. It even has the music from the movie.

What do you fear? PRELUDE by Bluebebleu
    http://vita.lbp.me/v/-j764

A really spooky and atmospheric level from a guy who is always promoting the levels of others and trying to get them recognized.

LOS ALAMOS by Samiamiamsam
    http://vita.lbp.me/v/e3rb-

I am perhaps being a bit biased here as this is one of my best friends on lbp vita. Los Alamos is just one of the many great platform levels that this guy makes on a regular basis. Also his level Sugar Pop was actually in the lbp BETA and he was somehow able to keep it and publish it again when the full game came out. I wish they had done the same for my Chockies the Cat level!
  • Syrok Designer, Tarsier Studios 28 Feb 2013 18:48:33 14,033 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Oh, I haven't played "What do you fear?". Gonna give that a try tomorrow.

The Blade Runner movie is pretty good!
  • Page

of 1

Previous Next