The World of Warcraft thread Page 371

• Page

of 373 First / Last

• vijay_UK 27 Feb 2014 07:53:00 2,080 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    It's taken about a week and a half to get full S15 PvP gear (I spammed AV weekend).

I'm seeing a lot more Russian pre-mades in BG's - but a few times someone mentioned they could be bot groups.

Anyone shed a light here? These groups, whatever they are, can be described as 'better than good'. :\
  • Benno 27 Feb 2014 08:23:04 9,804 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The bots have come a long way. By that I mean there's some really talented coders making combat routines for them.

When I last played, I got to 2k rated in 3s using a bot, controlling only my movement and trinkets. I still found it difficult! Getting too old for this shit. I felt like such a dirty cheater, so I stopped. But I did find it very interesting how well put together these routines are.

I don't think people realise just how many bots play in arena. I know the combat routines for all the classes, and subsequently the tell tale signs to spot them. The majority of 3s games I would play at 1.9k+ would have signs of bottage in.
  • vijay_UK 27 Feb 2014 16:00:14 2,080 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Benno wrote:
    The bots have come a long way. By that I mean there's some really talented coders making combat routines for them.

When I last played, I got to 2k rated in 3s using a bot, controlling only my movement and trinkets. I still found it difficult! Getting too old for this shit. I felt like such a dirty cheater, so I stopped. But I did find it very interesting how well put together these routines are.

I don't think people realise just how many bots play in arena. I know the combat routines for all the classes, and subsequently the tell tale signs to spot them. The majority of 3s games I would play at 1.9k+ would have signs of bottage in.
    Thanks for shedding some light on this.
  • Roddles 10 Mar 2014 17:38:11 1,781 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Pre-Purchase: Game is expected to release on or before 12/20/2014
    Wouldn't be Blizzard without the classic "we're making sure you don't have a year of the last raiding tier without content guys!" false promise.

Edited by Roddles at 17:40:40 10-03-2014
  • Roddles 10 Mar 2014 17:42:47 1,781 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    And now they've taken down the advert. Here it is again.

• teamHAM 10 Mar 2014 17:45:57 2,773 posts
    Seen 50 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    So approx 38 for the regular edition and 60 for the digital deluxe? And still no beta? Wow.

XBox Live, Origin, PSN and Steam: teamHAM

• M83J01P97 10 Mar 2014 17:53:59 6,553 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    As I've said before, and as a few of the developers have basically said in a roundabout kind of way... they shot themselves in the foot with MoP's speedy patch cycle.

They are pretty obviously aiming to release WoD around Warcraft's 10th Anniversary which isn't until the autumn, so they are just going to use the free character boost as a lame way of keeping people playing the game while there is no new high level content to enjoy.

Edit: Also, the last minute change to the level 600 profession boost is very odd indeed. You now only get that perk if you are boosting a level 60 or higher character to 90... why...?

Edited by M83J01P97 at 17:56:36 10-03-2014
  • Mekanik 10 Mar 2014 19:31:14 3,443 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Benno wrote:

People do realise how many bots are in the game. Some of the ones that are used regularly in arenas now are so flipping obvious its just not funny. Bots are slowly but surely killing the arena pvp game.

Interupt hacks are the latest "big" ones that are having a lot of complaints about. Interrupting instant casts!! Yay for skillzzz. Seen locks throwing that bit of cc at "just" the right moment yet running around with a dead pet for ages without even noticing.

Hit almost 1.9k last season and aiming for 2k+ this season. No bots used but its relatively easy to see players at 1500 rating and at 1.9k rating with the same bots. Makes me very sad, even in a game this old. I have no sympathy for cheaters. I hope their pc`s explode and their accounts get lost forever.

Blizzard have swept clean the arena ladders this last week of the "obvious" cheaters. 2.8k rating with greens. That kind of thing. Hopefully this is a more obvious start to a clean up of the ladder system. God knows its been screamedabout for long enough.

Sadly, its mainly all russians that are the obvious ones.
  • boo 26 Mar 2014 09:01:13 11,706 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Hola! Quick question for the WoW experts.

Fired the game up for the first time in quite a while last night, and noticed something odd.
    Along the bottom of the screen, I have my list of spells / totems / stuff, that I can click on in order to frazzle / heal / raise from the dead and so forth.

However, two of the little square icons were (dark) greyed out. I don't get any info when I mouse over them, so I'm not even sure what they are (although iirc, one of them is Healing Wave).

Any idea what's happened to them and how I fix it?

Cheers!

Just Another Lego Blog

• Roddles 26 Mar 2014 09:03:00 1,781 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Probably an old spell that doesn't exist anymore.

I'd drag everything off your hotbar and start again. Go to your spell book (press P) and drag what you want on to the hotbar.

Also don't forget to choose your talents as they provide new spells. Press N for that.
  • boo 26 Mar 2014 09:24:52 11,706 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Cheers! I shall give that a go!

Just Another Lego Blog

• M83J01P97 4 Apr 2014 12:43:35 6,553 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Patch 6.0.

Thoughts? Seems every class has had something major taken away from them or adjusted in a strange way... only Blood DK's getting Army of the Dead from now on being the one that sticks out the most in my mind, even though I don't play a DK.

I like the new Draenor Perks though, I was worried levelling from 90 to 100 was only going to give us a single new talent and skill as was the case for most classes in MoP. The completely random order you earn them seems a little scattershot though. You will have classes out there who have an advantage at say level 95 that other players of the same class may not have at 95 themselves, as some of them seem useful, while others simply don't.

Oh and Hit and Expertise have both been removed, which is good news I think, although the hardcore raiders seem to be up in arms about that one. But who cares about what they have to say? :)
  • RedSparrows 4 Apr 2014 13:22:27 22,089 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Inner Focus no longer provides any mana cost reduction.
    :'( IF was my buddy!
  • Roddles 4 Apr 2014 13:22:31 1,781 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I love the Moonkin changes.

Oh. Where are they?
  • Dgzter 4 Apr 2014 14:57:23 124 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I'm really not sure how I feel about the Feral changes to be honest: the removal of DoT snapshotting across the board, DoC being completely reworked, and even the potential for SR being passive now?

The sound of dat skill-cap crashing to the floor just broke my speakers :(
  • Roddles 4 Apr 2014 14:59:24 1,781 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    You can shred from the front though! Finally!
  • Dgzter 4 Apr 2014 15:03:54 124 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Roddles Ha! Yes, a long over due change. And how about laserkitteh?!

You're right about Boomkin mind you :( no love at all it seems

Edited by Dgzter at 15:04:51 04-04-2014
  • bbvDJC 4 Apr 2014 15:35:38 1,692 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    The priest changes for shadow aren't too bad, a buff in single target has been needed.
  • M83J01P97 4 Apr 2014 19:11:57 6,553 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Blizzard as always being a little obvious in their timing... seems a few people have received Beta invites today into the Alpha stage of testing and it's already available for them to download and start playing.

Can't have anything to do with a big MMO coming out today can it? :)
  • Derblington 4 Apr 2014 19:46:12 21,347 posts
    Seen 50 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    About 8 of my friends have very recently started this up again. For those that still play, if I wanted to reroll, what's it like now? I haven't really played since BC.
  • Roddles 6 Apr 2014 11:16:25 1,781 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    New NPC/Mob models are looking great.
  • RedSparrows 6 Apr 2014 12:49:03 22,089 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    They do look good. Needed it! ;)
  • Gl3n Moderator 12 Apr 2014 19:49:14 5,325 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Has anyone got a spare scroll of resurrection or some such thing? Going to re-sub shortly (net has been down for 6 weeks - moved)

PSN: Glendemic Xbox: Gl3n Steam: Gl3n

• Bedders Content Editor, Gamer Network 12 Apr 2014 19:52:41 121 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I think I should be able to do it, what's your Battlenet ID?

Edited by Bedders at 19:53:35 12-04-2014
  • graysonavich 12 Apr 2014 19:58:07 7,309 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    SoR stopped in February
  • Gl3n Moderator 12 Apr 2014 20:09:14 5,325 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Ah crap, well it's Gl3n#2781 in case there's still a way of doing it. If not i'll just pony up.

PSN: Glendemic Xbox: Gl3n Steam: Gl3n

• Page

of 373 First / Last