The World of Warcraft thread Page 358

• Page

of 377 First / Last

• spamdangled 8 Oct 2012 20:46:53 27,276 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    It does feel like a very artificial way to extend the endgame. It's not even like most of the factions are actually distinguishable from each other. What makes Shado Pan different from Golden Lotus, for example?

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• Fydria 8 Oct 2012 21:07:23 561 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Geesh wrote:
    Anyone witness this?
    I saw a video of it, Some character called Hahahahahha wiping out folks in Stormwind. Nothing to do with hacking but reminds me of when ZG was released in vanilla and a debuff from Hakkar made its way outside the instance and wiped everyone out too.
  • graysonavich 8 Oct 2012 21:15:33 7,320 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Getting exalted with most of the factions is pretty pointless unless you're going for BiS raid gear optimisation. Unless you want to spend 5 weeks to get a mount/tabard/whatever that everyone and their Gran will have.

LFR opens Wednesday, which seems to be gated a little better this tier. If you're a casual player - that seems time better spent, rather than feeling that you have to grind dailies for 5 weeks * 4 factions for purplez.
  • Deleted user 8 October 2012 21:17:33
    RedSparrows wrote:
    I am tempted to resub after a massive long gap when I build my PC, but I just know I won't have the same time/energy/impetus with it, and go back to weeping over ancient memories of Westfall, Dire Maul and BWL and pissing everyone off again.
    Rose tinted glasses don't hold up well in today's WoW I'm afraid mate. Few days was enough to put me off. All credit to those who still play avidly, of course, but it's a totally different beast to what you probably remember it to be nowadays.
  • spamdangled 8 Oct 2012 21:41:40 27,276 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Personally I think the nostalgia for Vanilla is rose-tinted. Some of the design in that was fecking terrible.

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• Deleted user 8 October 2012 21:45:15
    darkmorgado wrote:
    Personally I think the nostalgia for Vanilla is rose-tinted.
    Nix

• spamdangled 9 Oct 2012 09:10:54 27,276 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Minecraft player creates scale replica of Azeroth

(less impressive when you read how he did it, but still cool)

Edited by darkmorgado at 09:12:48 09-10-2012

• Dgzter 9 Oct 2012 15:00:18 141 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    There ARE tabards for the factions, but they tend to require Exhalted rep (iirc) since 'championing' and instance grinding for rep have been removed. Rep through dailies only I think now.

Just hit revered with Golden Lotus and opened up Shado-Pan and August Celestials daily hubs. Thank god I'm now done with Cloud Serpents; so many dailies!
  • graysonavich 9 Oct 2012 15:26:47 7,320 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Earn rep with your exalted tabard.
  • Dgzter 9 Oct 2012 15:55:20 141 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Ha! I meant they are cosmetic only and that rep grinding is done purely through dailies :)

I've found it a tad overkill on the faction quest hubs if I'm honest, but then again I'm probably stuck in that mindset that you need to do them all every day, which clearly isn't the case. Also having a few phasing issues with the last stages of GL dailies each day; bit of a bummer.

Anywhoo, two Skyshards from the mobs in Vale over the last few days so not all bad :)
  • RedSparrows 9 Oct 2012 16:38:01 22,300 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    darkmorgado wrote:
    Personally I think the nostalgia for Vanilla is rose-tinted. Some of the design in that was fecking terrible.
    They were, but the whole was awesome for me.
  • StefJamEX 10 Oct 2012 22:32:17 94 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Dammit! I've had a moment of weakness and now, having downloaded all 30gb of data, I'm about to resub.

Played a fair bit during Lich King, and the first few months of Cata, but never really got to see more than the level 60 areas. So, if anyone could recommend a good casual PVE server and guild, I'd be grateful. I'm more interested in chatting to decent folk and enjoying the content as opposed to any hardcore raids and schedules.

Damn you, Blizzard. Just... damn you...

XBL: StefJam
    PSN/Vita/Steam: StefJamEX

• M83J01P97 10 Oct 2012 22:44:39 6,595 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    The level 60 areas now a days are the weakest aspect of the game by a long shot. You'll want to get from 58 to 68 as quickly as possible to be honest.
  • Deleted user 10 October 2012 22:45:46
    Loving this tier of raiding. I've been on Turalyon alliance and Draenor horde most recently and enjoyed bouncing around both. Theres everything you could want on either.
  • Deleted user 10 October 2012 22:50:20
    Only takes a few hours if you have some looms and the guild perks and batter through a load of dungeons. Obviously as a Monk you can tank or heal so theres no queues.
  • M83J01P97 10 Oct 2012 22:58:41 6,595 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I don't get why Blizzard seem fine with Outland content to be honest. There was an interview with on of the content designers a few months ago and he basically said that Outland was still much more fun than vanilla Azeroth so they didn't see an urgent rush to revamp it all.

It's horribly tedious to play through now a days and I still think having Death Knights start at 58 is one of the biggest mistakes they have made.
  • spamdangled 10 Oct 2012 23:04:49 27,276 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Goodfella wrote:
    M83J01P97 wrote:
    The level 60 areas now a days are the weakest aspect of the game by a long shot. You'll want to get from 58 to 68 as quickly as possible to be honest.
    Outland is utterly dire, I don't think I could ever level a character through that again so there goes my idea of creating a monk.
    This!

I've never understood people who say TBC was the highpoint of the game. I always thought it was terrible.

WOTLK is the best expansion for me (too early to tell just yet but MOP could possibly edge it depending on content patches).

• spamdangled 10 Oct 2012 23:08:24 27,276 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    M83J01P97 wrote:
    I don't get why Blizzard seem fine with Outland content to be honest. There was an interview with on of the content designers a few months ago and he basically said that Outland was still much more fun than vanilla Azeroth so they didn't see an urgent rush to revamp it all.

It's horribly tedious to play through now a days and I still think having Death Knights start at 58 is one of the biggest mistakes they have made.
    I always wondered why they didn't phase the various eras of wow. So, for example, you play vanilla, then you get to TBC content, then WOTLK, etc etc. I can understand that there would be considerations of segregating playerbase, but they could keep the capitals as one area and just phase the rest, surely?

My continuity alarms start ringing when I think of Pandarens killing Illidan, or killing Arthas after the Cataclysm.

The perils of having a static storyline in a persistent world.

• Benno 10 Oct 2012 23:13:53 9,843 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Nothing should be god damn phased
  • spamdangled 10 Oct 2012 23:16:52 27,276 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I just wish there was a less hamfisted way of presenting a long-time story so that it didn't just break down completely in terms of making continuity sense and also having people playing that content the second a new expansion comes out.

Maybe one day an MMO will actually solve the problem.

• Deleted user 10 October 2012 23:31:23
    @Goodfella Nah, I've been through it twice in the last month.
  • Fatiguez 10 Oct 2012 23:49:58 8,718 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Best thing about Northrend was the Grizzly Hills music, I spent hours idling in that zone just listening to it. Fuck, Wrath was gorgeous
  • Benno 11 Oct 2012 00:32:08 9,843 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Wrath was ace. I have enjoyed all the expansions to be fair, although I played cata the least
  • Fydria 12 Oct 2012 01:24:15 561 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Next patch sounds interesting. Fight Club and Black Temple?. If Blizzard are finally going to churn out updates at a decent rate I'll be a happy chappy.
  • Page

of 377 First / Last