The World of Warcraft thread Page 356

• Page

of 372 First / Last

• bbvDJC 27 Sep 2012 10:44:18 1,637 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Bought mine this morning, will play at seven when I finish work. Yay.
  • Ginger 27 Sep 2012 10:51:19 6,808 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    darkmorgado wrote:
    If I add up my /played across all chars, it comes close to over a year of playtime.

Since launch in 2005 admittedly, but it's still a fucking eye-opening stat when you see it.
    So 1/7th of your life has been in WoW. And more scarily 1/5th of your waking life :)

London open taekwondo champion

• Dgzter 27 Sep 2012 18:52:16 101 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Just finished off all the zone quests and opened up the daily rep hubs for the grind ahead. I really thought the art direction in a few of the zones was exceptional: Dread Wastes is easily the best 'end zone' they've ever done; pisses all over Shadowmoon and Icecrown.

Heroic difficulty was a but underwhelming but I suppose that's what challenge modes are for :)

So far having an absolute blast. Nice to have a new expansion and the old buzz is back \0/

@darkmorgado: I have a very similar played timed (from vanilla launch) and it is a horrible stat, best not to dwell on it. Only thing worse is looking at your payment history from 2005... Subs, name changes, appearance changes, race changes ...oh dear :(
  • Deleted user 30 September 2012 15:54:36
    Bought a key off the net for the expansion last night and started a panda monk.

Interesting class and the starting area is incredibly well designed and amazing looking considering the engine is 8 fucking years old at this stage.

I'm slightly back in the game i think.
  • Fydria 30 Sep 2012 23:26:36 557 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Hit level 86 today, not even finished with the first zone yet but really enjoying the storyline so far and the oriental feel is quite refreshing. Pet Battling is quite addictive too. First expansion though I think I'm in no rush to get to the level cap, just happy taking it at a slow place. Oh yeah and.. POOR SOCKS!!! :(
  • steadynedy 1 Oct 2012 09:03:38 112 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I think Pandaria is absolutely beautiful, it's the same old wow style quests mostly, but I've not felt this way about the game since stepping through the dark portal in TBC.

Atm just taking my time and am lvl 86 about mid way through. Mixing ou up leveling a brewmaster/mistweaver
  • magicpanda 1 Oct 2012 10:13:09 13,008 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    This expansion is amazing, Haven't felt this way about WOW since it was first released.

So many cool little touches like the rare mobs, uber vendor junk. Secret loot chests, Valor Points from dailies, the list goes on.

Pandaria is absolutely beautiful. It's the best work Blizzard have done.

Currently enjoying getting ahead of the game with my farm and doing some Scenarios.

Edited by magicpanda at 10:15:31 01-10-2012
  • Benno 1 Oct 2012 10:33:18 9,392 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Sounds really good. What are the dungeons like?
  • magicpanda 1 Oct 2012 11:25:19 13,008 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Solid so far. Not seen all of them yet though, still gearing up for Heroics but there are far too many distractions :)

Shadopan Monastery is the standout one for me.

The scenarios are far, far better than I expected apart from that shite Theramore one.
  • Benno 1 Oct 2012 11:31:57 9,392 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    What is the point in these scenarios? Is it something between high level group quests and dungeons? I didn't know a gap existed there that needed plugging.
  • magicpanda 1 Oct 2012 11:43:44 13,008 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    They are basically 3 man dungeons that take about 15 mins for Valor and random drops.

No need for a healer or tank needed. Instant queues instead of the current 30+ mins wait for DPS

Agree with Rod, loot seems to be rare although I got a sweet blue ring in one.
  • magicpanda 1 Oct 2012 11:47:34 13,008 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Oh I want.

Only 108k...
  • Stickman 1 Oct 2012 20:16:58 29,408 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Still waiting for my wow-mojo to kick back in with this. Only half way through 85, played about a couple of hours. Just can't be arsed.

Which is odd, cos I was actually looking forward to it.

Think I need a good ten hour session on other or something.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

• graysonavich 1 Oct 2012 20:28:38 6,802 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I hated every second of leveling if that helps.

Looked pretty though.
  • spamdangled 1 Oct 2012 23:16:07 27,197 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Any idea what the new Legendary weapon is? I'm assuming something for the monk?

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• spamdangled 2 Oct 2012 00:10:50 27,197 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Won't having a new legendary for every class sort of take away the feeling of uniqueness? Unless of course they all require a big concerted guild group effort like the Cata one

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• graysonavich 2 Oct 2012 00:17:19 6,802 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Most of our alts' alts had rogue legendaries. I think the idea of uniqueness is went out the window with the caster staff.
  • KD 2 Oct 2012 10:50:56 616 posts
    Seen 56 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I didnt play much of cataclysm but enjoying this expansion, not 90 yet but leveling up with my molten core set and anathema staff transmaforged thingy is better than looking like a clown this time round
  • graysonavich 2 Oct 2012 11:39:07 6,802 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    There's definitely a fuck load more to do once you hit 90 this time round that's for sure.

Nearly impossible to fit a round of heroics in as well as all the daily quests in the evening hours.

Roll on tomorrow, scary new raids!
  • spamdangled 2 Oct 2012 11:54:38 27,197 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    graysonavich wrote:
    There's definitely a fuck load more to do once you hit 90 this time round that's for sure.
    After Cataclysm I should fucking hope so. The problem with Cata is that there wasn't enough 80+ content, and all the rest of the content you didn't even need the expansion for anyway. So all we got was five new zones, a few dungeones and a couple of raids. Now, if they had developed the revised old world as a separate content patch (similarly to what Squeenix are doing with FFXIV 2.0), whilst having another team working on a more substantial endgame expansion, it would have been fine. But by merging the two the only people who ended up benefiting were new players and people obsessed with alts.

Thankfully at least it looks like they listened with Pandaria because there's a shit tonne of content on day one, with no doubt lots more to come in the patches, and there is loads and loads to do. Get bored of one thing? Do something else.

Hopefully this is a much longer cycle too. Cataclysm felt far too brief for what was supposedly this massive, world-threatening epic. And after threading Arthas in brilliantly through LK, it felt like we hardly had anything to do with Deathwing himself, instead being forced to deal with yet another bunch of generic cultists.

Without wanting to spoil the ending for this cycle, I hope they really take the time to escalate it so that when the end does come it feels natural and climactic instead of sudden and rushed.

• magicpanda 3 Oct 2012 08:13:34 13,008 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Outdoor Raid bosses on PVP servers are a lot of fun.

• Benno 3 Oct 2012 08:41:15 9,392 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Ahhhh, reminds me of vanilla :p
  • magicpanda 3 Oct 2012 08:55:03 13,008 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Most fun I've had since Vanilla.
  • spamdangled 4 Oct 2012 04:26:09 27,197 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    bah, the dreaded weekly maintenance!

Halfway to 88 now, and completely loving it. The story is great, and some of the new instances are really well made.

Whoever dreamt up Stormstout Brewery needs a bonus. Utterly bonkers dungeon.

• Mekanik 4 Oct 2012 10:22:04 3,332 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    darkmorgado wrote:
    bah, the dreaded weekly maintenance!

Halfway to 88 now, and completely loving it. The story is great, and some of the new instances are really well made.

Whoever dreamt up Stormstout Brewery needs a bonus. Utterly bonkers dungeon.
    I love the voice of Uncle Gao (?) at the end boss. Yes, No, PEPPERS!!

The voice acting throughout has been quite brilliant. So many nice little comedy touches.

Hit 90 with my priest last night and my lock is 87. Enjoying it enough that leveling a second character so soon doesnt feel like a grind yet, despite wanting to be 90 asap.
  • Deleted user 4 October 2012 10:36:59
    First raid night was...interesting.
  • Benno 4 Oct 2012 11:36:19 9,392 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    elaborate? :)
  • Page

of 372 First / Last