Any forumites in the USA? Looking for a favour.

• Page

of 1

Previous Next
  • boo 18 Sep 2012 17:31:43 11,604 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Last week, I ordered one of these as a Christmas present for a friend.

Last night, the NBC store cancelled my order, and after taking it up with Customer Services, they have now replied saying "At this time, we are not licensed to ship this product outside of the United States.

Just wondered if there was anyone in the US who could place the order for me, and then post it over? Obviously I'd cover all the relevant costs etc, and as a bonus, I'd make sure that you got someone decent in this year's Secret Santa...

Cheers!

Just Another Lego Blog

• dominalien 18 Sep 2012 17:34:21 6,742 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Do they just need a shipping address in the US, or do they also require a cc with a billing address there?

PSN: DonOsito

• boo 18 Sep 2012 17:38:31 11,604 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I suspect it may be the latter. I don't remember there being an option to specify a separate shipping address.

Just Another Lego Blog

• neilka 18 Sep 2012 17:40:39 14,942 posts
    Seen 29 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    A committed friend would fly over there and smuggle it back into the country up their arse. Just saying.
  • dominalien 18 Sep 2012 17:42:11 6,742 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Well, then I can't help you.

If it's the former, though, you can use this company: http://www.kurierus.com/

You buy stuff in the US, have it shipped to the company's US address and when everything you've bought arrives, you tell them to ship it to you wherever you might be.

My friend has been using them for a while and she says they're OK.

I'm not affiliated with the company. It's a Polish (now that inspires confidence, doesn't it? ;-) ) firm located in the US.

PSN: DonOsito

• boo 18 Sep 2012 17:46:25 11,604 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Ok, cheers Dom - I shall check it out.

Just Another Lego Blog

• Deleted user 18 September 2012 19:09:23
    I could do it, but I'm back in the UK for the next two weeks. If you still need help after then, then feel free to send me a PM or something and we'll get it sorted. Though there are quite a few of those US address courier company places about now which might be easier logistically.
  • boo 18 Sep 2012 22:52:31 11,604 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Cheers meme. I'll look into courier companies, but mucho thanks for the offer.

Just Another Lego Blog

• Sid-Nice 18 Sep 2012 22:56:08 15,810 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I'm pleased I'm not on Boo's Christmas present list. :)

NNID Sid-Nice

• Page

of 1

Previous Next