Planetside 2 Page 34

• Page

of 64 First / Last

• orpheus 20 Jan 2013 18:46:30 1,007 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Even a lone DB MAX is an effective deterrent against small numbers of aircraft - it won't stop em all, but it will shit up enough of them that they break off. Ideally wait til they approach and crouch while using Dual Bursters, you'll land more shots and will be more likely to get a kill. They are much more effective in groups though.
  • Carbon_Altered 20 Jan 2013 21:55:20 675 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    VS close to taking Esmir
  • Duffking 20 Jan 2013 22:10:07 7,352 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Warpgates rotating on the 30th, Indar anticlockwise, Esamir Clockwise, Amerish Anticlockwise.
  • madwlf 20 Jan 2013 22:30:39 74 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    So has this been hacked? Logged in to find myself and other players being 'thrown' from one part of the room to the other and then off the side of the map every time I spawned at the warp gate with people complaining about a hacker. Hope this isn't going to turn into another Dayz.
  • Duffking 21 Jan 2013 12:50:51 7,352 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yeah it's a bunch of script kiddies with credit cards. SOE will probably hotfix it.
  • andytheadequate 21 Jan 2013 12:55:55 8,268 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    That's worrying. Had a very quiet game last night, it seemed that Indar was practically empty. I wonder if they will start closing servers as the player base dwindles after the initial excitement on release?

What will happen when there are more continents? Will the game feel empty, with unopposed zergs steam rolling an empty continent?
  • SnipeyUK 21 Jan 2013 13:08:11 29 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    What time are most people in the outfit on the Miller server these days?

The past week I've only seen a few people at a time whereas before we could make at least one full squad.
  • Duffking 21 Jan 2013 14:35:42 7,352 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    andytheadequate wrote:
    That's worrying. Had a very quiet game last night, it seemed that Indar was practically empty. I wonder if they will start closing servers as the player base dwindles after the initial excitement on release?

What will happen when there are more continents? Will the game feel empty, with unopposed zergs steam rolling an empty continent?
    It'll use the Planetside 1 system. PS1 had 10 continents. Each faction had its own 'home' continent, and from there warpgates linked the other continents. So Vanu might start on Esamir, and then there's warpgates to Indar/Amerish. Basically once a continent had been captured the fight would move to the next continent and the battle would go back and forth across them.
  • Pompeybear 21 Jan 2013 14:56:30 454 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Miller has been high pop most of the weekend , although VS seem to have the least population on the server so I felt we have been taking a beating in most of the fights I have been involved. Had some superb fights in Esamir.

The EG outfit seems to be a bit quiet during my playtime (usually 7.30 to 8.30 ish) but anytime we have formed up it transforms the game. Good to see some people take initiative and form up squads when they come on , just wish I had more of an idea tactically wtf is going on , so am now trying to read what is happening and paying more attention to the chat channels and will throw some certs soon at SL . I just follow the herd . Public squads are usually a disaster to be honest.

Will be on tonight at my usual time :-)
  • Carbon_Altered 21 Jan 2013 20:11:08 675 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    This playing up for others? I'm getting teleported all over the shop then dropped from a great height for a suicide.

Hacking?
  • Carbon_Altered 21 Jan 2013 20:24:12 675 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    working again now
  • Duffking 21 Jan 2013 20:26:28 7,352 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Carbon_Altered wrote:
    This playing up for others? I'm getting teleported all over the shop then dropped from a great height for a suicide.

Hacking?
    Yeah that's the hackers at work.
  • SnipeyUK 21 Jan 2013 21:48:33 29 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Probably not worth going on for a bit as it sounds like every vs warpgate on miller is hacked... I wonder if SOE will bring the server down to halt it before losing a lot of the players to this.
  • Pompeybear 22 Jan 2013 09:52:32 454 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I had the same experience on Miller VS warp gates last night, it was happening for hours. WTF are sony doing about this crap?

Anybody here have any views on HA weapons? Have been using the Flare with compensator and FWD grip with a 4x sight as I like to fight a bit at range , would the AP rounds help? I seem to be hitting but not dropping them quickly enough
  • Duffking 22 Jan 2013 12:21:07 7,352 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I have the flare but really don't like it.

The Pulsar LSW is really highlight recommended by a lot of a people. Only 250 certs too.
  • orpheus 22 Jan 2013 14:16:59 1,007 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I use the SV-88 (I think) for the HA, tbh all the HA LMGs are a bit flaky for the Vanu. Also heard good things about the Pulsar LSW.

I should be back tomorrow evening/day after with a bit of luck. If I try to run PS2 it just insta-crashes on me. New mobo & cpu should be here tomorrow so providing no install issues I should be good to go!
  • andytheadequate 22 Jan 2013 14:44:50 8,268 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I know I've repeated this a lot, but if it's crashing then make sure you've unplugged any controllers.

I'm looking forward to some organised ubad action. Only really played with randoms recently
  • Pompeybear 22 Jan 2013 14:51:28 454 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Andy you about tonight? On at my usual time of 7.30 ish (child asleep permitting !)
  • andytheadequate 22 Jan 2013 15:40:33 8,268 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I'm usually on a lot later than that, although will try to get on for a bit. I usually have to wait until the other half goes to sleep before I can play games...
  • TheRealBadabing 22 Jan 2013 15:55:55 1,329 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    7 day XP boosts are on sale at the moment. 250 space bucks which, if you have some left over from the sale, works out very nicely. Can buy more than one too :)
  • Pompeybear 22 Jan 2013 16:01:19 454 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    ohhhhh , I have 500 sc sitting around . may be worth an investment.
  • orpheus 22 Jan 2013 16:47:30 1,007 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    andytheadequate wrote:
    I know I've repeated this a lot, but if it's crashing then make sure you've unplugged any controllers.

I'm looking forward to some organised ubad action. Only really played with randoms recently
    Sadly it's not that - it's the motherboard dying. About 50% of games just insta-crash atm, anything processor-intensive and it just gives up the ghost!

Think the Jan patch, whenever it happens, will bring a few people back. Actual defensible bases will make a big difference.
  • Cosquae 22 Jan 2013 16:51:00 1,227 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @orpheus Sounds like an overheating issue. Had that happen to me ages ago.

Check the fan is working (assuming air cooled) and the bearing is spinning freely. When CPUs get hot they automatically go into a safe mode. Also can get CPU temperature monitoring app that sits on the desktop. If that gets high then you have your answer.
  • orpheus 22 Jan 2013 18:06:57 1,007 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Cosquae Nah cooling is fine across the board. What's happened is a result of not knowing jack about overclocking and running the CPU way over-temp for the better part of three months about a year or two back. I've been getting frequent corruption in systems files, bad image errors from windows and outright corruption of all network adaptor drivers (requiring a full windows reinstall) over the last month or so, with the bad image error now occurring when any CPU intensive task is run.

The HD checks out fine with SeaTools and chkdsk, so it's not a drive failure (sadly, it would be cheaper). It's either the mobo or the CPU itself, and changing one means changing the other as it's an old 1156 chip, so the plan is new Core i5 3570 and Z77 board. On the plus side, it'll monster through most games after the upgrade!
  • SnipeyUK 22 Jan 2013 21:10:17 29 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @orpheus What's happened is a result of not knowing jack about overclocking and running the CPU way over-temp

Also make sure you have a stable power supply and good memory if you are going to overclock. My board has a few overclock preset's which make it easy to do without the pain. Instantly got my i7 to 4.4 without any problems. Also helps I have a silent heatsink and fans the size of a human head (well almost).

P.S. It still seems as though hackers are all over the place in ps2...
  • orpheus 22 Jan 2013 23:46:02 1,007 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @SnipeyUK

Heh yeah, I was just getting back into PCs then after a LONG time out (never did overclocking back in my day grumble grumble etc) and knew shit all. Somehow during a GPU upgrade the BIOS presets got wiped, and I set them back to what I thought was the correct voltage for the overclock it came with - only to find out I'd been running the wrong test a few months later. Sod had been hitting 90+ (and clocking down to save itself) for the better part of three months or so before I twigged it! Think the board was running at 1.42v, when now I run it at around 1.2ish if memory serves.

So yeah... motherboard/cpu failure has been expected for quite some time ;) With a 3570 I'll probably push it from stock 3.4 to around 4.1 which should be very comfortably within tolerance (I know quite a bit more about it than I did back then lol). Cooling wise I run a Megahalem and a push/pull setup, so no worries there either. Come tomorrow I should be back to normal!

Edited by orpheus at 23:48:11 22-01-2013
  • Pompeybear 23 Jan 2013 00:14:02 454 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Hacking tonight was a nightmare on miller , the vs gate on esamir threw you into orbit after spawning . The hackers are ripping Sony a new arse hole . They are moving turrets around the map . Any chance eg could run a story on this shit ? Sony are basically in hiding and it's been like this for 2 days . Flagship fps mmo hacked to death !
  • Pompeybear 23 Jan 2013 19:07:11 454 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    They have sorted out the turret hacks around the gate HURRAY!
  • Carbon_Altered 23 Jan 2013 20:03:35 675 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Am getting a lot of graphical glitches at the moment, screen flickering. Think I'm gonna leave it till the patch lands.
  • Gl3n Moderator 23 Jan 2013 20:05:44 5,703 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    For those who might doubt the nemesis anti-air rocket launcher, it's on sale for 350 today. Thought i'd try it, first shot, got a 10 player galaxy kill :D
  • Page

of 64 First / Last