Planetside 2 Page 31

• Page

of 63 First / Last

• Gl3n Moderator 9 Jan 2013 22:40:22 5,363 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Quality games tonight. Rolling up in our sunderer and suiting up double bursters was great. Tore apart any enemy air power in the area time and time again.

Splashed out on a pair of Cosmos' as well. Pretty entertaining walking through a Biolab guns blazing.

Edited by Gl3n at 22:44:30 09-01-2013

PSN: Glendemic Xbox: Gl3n Steam: Gl3n

• Widge Moderator 10 Jan 2013 00:23:39 13,402 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Amusing fun as I had VOICE OF GOD boom into my surround system when I turned voice comms up too loud.

Didn't do too bad as a sundy initially. Have to whip out the map every now and again but generally alright!

_ _ _

www.unpaused.co.uk - electronic noise adjective salad

• Carbon_Altered 10 Jan 2013 07:42:49 675 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Was indeed good fun. Amazing what one coordinated squad can get done.
  • Widge Moderator 10 Jan 2013 10:07:43 13,402 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Very difficult for me on occasion. Text on my 37" is barely visible across the room, who people are on the HUD is impossible. Effectively I was just heading for green and yellow people and following orders. The map was a little more difficult too.

HUGELY amusing when told to toggle my voice comms audio: "CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW IF I SPEAK LIKE THIS?" said Orpheus to my entire town.

I'll have to investigate Vent so I can hear you all, although I also have a side of me that is partial to the ambient sounds of war - I always liked the bizarre silence of Warhawk, that was punctuated by this unwritten understanding of what to do.

Like making the Sundy open to all as it means other people can drive.

I think the mix of nade & gun works well on that, means you can deal with troops and vehicles alike.

Didn't get much of a chance to take my Magrider out for a jaunt, next time I might provide armed guard for the Sundy in it. No Saron though.

LOVING MY GUN engy now. The Serpent now has a NV/IR scope which is frankly awesome for indoors and close quarters scenarios. Have the advanced laser on it (although I am not sure WHY this is a better upgrade over the standard).

The Eidolon is useful in certain scenarios only really. If I am sat supporting with MAX's and too far away to have an impact, it offers some semi-sniping possibilities. Will see if it gets some patching over time to boost it's damage/distance fall off. I need to cert it to stop vertical recoil.

_ _ _

• andytheadequate 10 Jan 2013 10:14:40 8,111 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I joined for the defence of the biolab, but didn't have much luck really. As soon as they got a foothold we were never going to defend it. Being part or the duck shoot at the end when we lost our spawn room was particularly bad
  • Widge Moderator 10 Jan 2013 10:46:59 13,402 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    From what I see, defending Biolabs has to happen on two fronts. You need to keep inside safe naturally, but you have to also organise a counter attack to re-take the external spawns.

I quit the Biolab defense around 11:45 last night, but it was all about that push to get their spawn north of the Biolab controlled. Couldn't do it without an organised push though. Individual sundy got murdered by prowler and no chance on foot.

_ _ _

• Pompeybear 10 Jan 2013 10:47:09 454 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Was some good stuff last night ! The venga bus was full throttle ! Will be on tonight about 8 ish to 9. Will probably set up to do some twitch streaming tonight.

Highlight was storming that bio lab , the firefight on that platform was mental.
  • Progguitarist 10 Jan 2013 11:24:59 10,412 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I got on a bit late and missed alot of the action. Still good fun though.
  • Rusty_M 10 Jan 2013 12:36:38 4,638 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    It was good stuff, even if I did little more than tag along for the ride and heal people where possible

The world is going mad. Me? I'm doing fine.

• andytheadequate 10 Jan 2013 13:06:41 8,111 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Rusty_M wrote:
    It was good stuff, even if I did little more than tag along for the ride and heal people where possible
    There are so many other players in this game that you always have someone to follow; medics and engineers are always needed in the bigger fights. I still have no real objective when playing this game, I just hope the squad I'm in does
  • Widge Moderator 10 Jan 2013 14:08:05 13,402 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I know one thing, I want to go somewhere else other than Indar now. I fancy a change of scenery.

There are another 3 continents on the way in the future (one confirmed at least), wondering what that will add to the dynamic of the game. I kind of like the population at the moment, I wouldn't want the worlds to become too sparse.

_ _ _

• orpheus 10 Jan 2013 14:10:13 1,000 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    LOL the in-game voice is ridiculously sensitive, I should've warned you!

Top work all round guys, especially the Biolab fight. Great teamwork, would have liked to have stayed on later but those painkillers just wipe me out! Feel a ton better today tho, so expect more shenanigans tonight!
  • Ranger_Ryu 10 Jan 2013 14:29:12 1,046 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I'll try and get on tonight,after playing with the Eurogamer fleet for Star Trek Online. (still haven't figured ut how to get my mic working though :p)

Edited by Ranger_Ryu at 14:32:25 10-01-2013
  • orpheus 10 Jan 2013 15:58:23 1,000 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Know what you mean Widge. When I started in the beta, Indar was all there was, so I've seen pretty much all of it now. Esamir has some good spots, but I really want to get a proper look at Amerish. Trouble is the VS don't seem to like to go there.

Ryu - what's the problem with it? Maybe I, or someone else in the thread can help? On the subject of mics, I googled about your PS3 headset Widge and it looks like you can download some drivers to get it up and running. As long as Windows detects it (it'll probably become 'default device' when it does), it should work fine for PS2.
  • Widge Moderator 10 Jan 2013 16:35:35 13,402 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    No wonder you knew where to direct me yesterday!

Amerish (grassy) was the place I cut my battles first, I like the look of it. Preeeeety.

As for my headset, I think I may need bluetooth, I'll check further. It is SHIT, but will stop voices blaring out of the TV!

_ _ _

• andytheadequate 10 Jan 2013 16:35:51 8,111 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Amerish is by far the prettiest planet, a shame I've barely been there really...
  • Ranger_Ryu 10 Jan 2013 17:02:39 1,046 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @orpheus

Well the PC recognises it's connected but when I try voice clip etc on window live nothing gets recorded so don't know what's wrong (it's the headet you get with the World in Conflict collector's edition)
  • orpheus 10 Jan 2013 18:00:16 1,000 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Strange. Plug it in and r-click the volume controller in the taskbar, then see if it shows up there. If it does, try setting it to default device? If that works check the levels in properties, bit of a long shot but you never know!
  • SBfistfun 10 Jan 2013 19:20:58 124 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    andytheadequate wrote:
    SBfistfun wrote:
    So close to ordering my pc bits and getting this!
    Good man. You'll love it
    What spec pc you got Andy and how does it run?
  • Rusty_M 10 Jan 2013 19:54:19 4,638 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Watching those tutorial videos linked from the launcher, so I'll have a small clue what to do in future.

• orpheus 10 Jan 2013 19:58:32 1,000 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Cool, not seen them but no doubt they'll be a help. Who's on tonight? I should be on around 9ish at a guess, just gotta cook some dinner.
  • Pompeybear 10 Jan 2013 20:00:27 454 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I will be on in about 15 mins, just got boy to bed.
  • Progguitarist 10 Jan 2013 20:04:40 10,412 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Will most likely be on at 10 or so.
  • Rusty_M 10 Jan 2013 20:06:08 4,638 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Probably about 9 myself. Not watched Big Bang Theory in ages.

• Widge Moderator 10 Jan 2013 20:49:40 13,402 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Around 10 for me, I need to nip out to get meh some milks.

_ _ _

• andytheadequate 10 Jan 2013 21:44:58 8,111 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    SBfistfun wrote:
    andytheadequate wrote:
    SBfistfun wrote:
    So close to ordering my pc bits and getting this!
    Good man. You'll love it
    What spec pc you got Andy and how does it run?
    Intel i5 3450 processor, 2 gig 7850 gpu, 8 gig ram. Runs at about 45-50 fps on high. Cost a total of 600 for the whole pc.
  • xxblindmonkeyxx 10 Jan 2013 22:07:03 248 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Hi
  • xxblindmonkeyxx 10 Jan 2013 22:07:09 248 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Hi a
  • orpheus 11 Jan 2013 00:44:56 1,000 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Widge wrote:
    Around 10 for me, I need to nip out to get meh some milks.
    Milky milky :D

Good games again tonight chaps! TR are very good at holding on to that continent bonus, once Indar's been taken it's very hard to get back!
  • Widge Moderator 11 Jan 2013 00:46:31 13,402 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    It was almost there the previous night, surprised it wasn't got!

_ _ _

• Page

of 63 First / Last