Planetside 2 Page 27

• Page

of 65 First / Last

• andytheadequate 3 Jan 2013 23:47:23 8,321 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    To be fair, it's not the prettiest of games at times, especially on esamir, although the other continents are prettier.

A daunting game at first but utterly brilliant. Stick at it
  • Deleted user 4 January 2013 00:17:12
    @overcorpse
    No, straight up, and not trolling. The similarities that made it look like KZ3's tech, I expected physics based particle fx/weather/audio with HDR lighting from KZ3 straight out the gates, based on some EG user positive comments.

@andytheadequate
    I'm committed try it properly at some point over the next month, and hoping to be impressed with the gameplay, and visuals in the battles.
  • Widge Moderator 4 Jan 2013 09:48:21 13,727 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    andytheadequate wrote:
    It's not the prettiest of games at times
    Really? I have had moments where I just GAWP at the screen. Some of the day/night transitions are beautiful to behold... and the moments when you are just pumping along near the warpgate in a Flash or a Sundy are lovely, the in vehicle perspective is really immersive.

Steam Image Pimpery - although with the caveat of I haven't enabled AA (although now I have my i5 in, I'm thinking of setting all to max now) and there is motion blur.

_ _ _

www.inverted-audio.com

• Widge Moderator 4 Jan 2013 09:51:37 13,727 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    vizzini wrote:
    KZ3's tech
    I find it to be more... Halo-y with a twist of Warhawk than anything else. No bad thing imo!

_ _ _

www.inverted-audio.com

• andytheadequate 4 Jan 2013 09:56:11 8,321 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    The beauty of the game is when you see so many players IMO, although on Indar and the other continent (not esamir) there are some spectacular environments

Also, I don't really tend to notice graphics unless they're brilliant or poor, hence why I normally play on medium settings. Might try putting it up to high again (I only turned it down because it made my pc louder)

Edited by andytheadequate at 10:02:12 04-01-2013
  • Widge Moderator 4 Jan 2013 10:36:51 13,727 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I can't remember what settings I have it on. It runs awesomely apart from some Zerg moments when the framerate just goes to shit.

Going to see how the i5 3570k helps over the 955 Phenom II X4 I had as it is allegedly down to CPU strain rather than GPU strain. The card is able to deal with Metro 2033 pumping out over 1080p, so should be able to deal with this on full awesomes.

EDIT:

Indication of CPU effect.

Edited by Widge at 11:35:43 04-01-2013

_ _ _

www.inverted-audio.com

• orpheus 4 Jan 2013 12:41:03 1,008 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Yeah, CPU is actually a bigger factor in this game than GPU most of the time. A lot of users actually found they got better framerates with the graphic settings higher, than lower - because higher ones mean the GPU takes more of the raw graphic strain, allowing the CPU more cycles to cope with the sheer amount of incoming data (render, positioning, no. of players etc).
  • Progguitarist 4 Jan 2013 12:57:42 10,507 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I think it looks amazing, personally.

Will there be a crew running tonight? Tried playing alone last night but it was pretty dull :(
  • orpheus 4 Jan 2013 13:35:52 1,008 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Usually is on a Friday night. I think I'm cooking a curry for my housemates but should be on, hopefully not too late. :D

One thing, new guys included - please feel free to start a squad when you come online. If there's a few other UBAD chaps on, talk in the outfit channel and see if there's one up already, if there isn't, make one! Even if it's only three or four guys, you'll find it grows as the night progresses - and you can always hand over SL to someone more experienced when they turn up.

The outfit channel is your friend - it's how we come together to make this game so good. Use it! :)
  • Widge Moderator 4 Jan 2013 13:59:55 13,727 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I don't mind the solo running - made it rather amusing when I had my "oh hello Eurobob" moment when I had stumbled onto an epic rumble... like I had just bumped into someone I knew from round town.

I just head off to where it looks like the action is and try to have an impact!

_ _ _

www.inverted-audio.com

• orpheus 4 Jan 2013 21:54:44 1,008 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Bunch of us on now, more always welcome!

Carbon - I'm trying to talk to you via the text and voice chat - check your general channel and use /tell Saul to reply!
  • Progguitarist 4 Jan 2013 22:27:11 10,507 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Will be able to get on at some point. House is absolutely mental right now with frikkin' screaming kids running about.

No, I'm not having a Jimmy Saville themed party.
  • teamHAM 4 Jan 2013 22:29:57 3,116 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Ok so a mate of mine has just convinced me to download this on Steam because it's free and he plays it.

So while I download it (it'll be a while), is it just a generic shooter or is there something different about it? 27 pages here so I assume a few play it regularly for clan based goodness?

XBox Live, Origin, PSN and Steam: teamHAM

• Carbon_Altered 4 Jan 2013 22:34:16 721 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @orpheus Really appreciate the help tonight, and sorry for the lack of chat. Will at least get headphones for next time. Which chat client do you guys use?
  • Progguitarist 4 Jan 2013 22:34:40 10,507 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It's definitely not generic, that's for sure.
  • andytheadequate 4 Jan 2013 22:57:36 8,321 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    teamHAM wrote:
    Ok so a mate of mine has just convinced me to download this on Steam because it's free and he plays it.

So while I download it (it'll be a while), is it just a generic shooter or is there something different about it? 27 pages here so I assume a few play it regularly for clan based goodness?
    Imagine Sci fi BF3 with 6000 players
  • orpheus 4 Jan 2013 23:19:41 1,008 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Carbon_Altered No worries mate - headphones at least will allow me to help you without typing everything :) We use Ventrilo - its a free download and should be easy to Google. When you install it, Google 'ventrilo normalisation guide' and follow the joystiq link - it'll show you how to equalise volumes which will make it all sound much clearer. :)

Edited by orpheus at 23:20:28 04-01-2013
  • Progguitarist 4 Jan 2013 23:51:58 10,507 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Some great moments tonight. Actually got into a squad of randoms who were working as a team. We took several facilities and then my client crashed :(

Stupid me for forgetting to plug out the damn controller!
  • orpheus 5 Jan 2013 01:42:42 1,008 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Yeah apologies, I was on until about half 11 but was so shattered I had to crash out. I'll be on again on Sunday, if you chaps are about.
  • Progguitarist 5 Jan 2013 02:14:20 10,507 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I will most likely make an appearance.
  • Pompeybear 5 Jan 2013 13:33:40 454 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    http://www.twitch.tv/marky1690/b/354006314 Footage of the 35 mins I was on for, first 5 mins are us getting set up , last 5 mins my fps drops off due to memory leak .

Sorry I couldn;t get involved with vent, mrs was watching bloody Eastenders so was complaining. Notice how I follow everyone like a lost puppy :-)
  • orpheus 5 Jan 2013 15:12:59 1,008 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Best way to learn mate! We'll get you some better footage Sunday with a bit of luck, had bad luck finding good fights all night, probably cause I was so tired!
  • Duffking 5 Jan 2013 15:58:15 7,482 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    If there's any EG Vanu on Woodman who want a laid back outfit to join send me a message. There's about 80+ of us in the outfit now and most nights we get a platoon going. You need teamspeak but that's just to listen. Basically just a bunch of people who play after work or whatever.

Edited by DUFFKING at 15:58:46 05-01-2013
  • Errol 5 Jan 2013 16:31:30 12,538 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I'm Vanu on Woodman without an outfit currently. Tend to just join other platoons and/or lead squads. Some amazing battles on Woodman today.
  • Duffking 5 Jan 2013 17:39:26 7,482 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    We sometimes have our platoon open rather than private which is always fun. We find people start following us around occasionally too, non squad members who are always in our sunderers etc.

We worked with some other outfits to try taking Indar yesterday, managed to get Tawrich tech plant but couldn't hold it long enough to make enough of a dent in other NC territories.

Edited by DUFFKING at 17:40:10 05-01-2013
  • TheRealBadabing 5 Jan 2013 18:04:58 1,347 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Please don't take this as a slight to the lovely people of UBAD but is there another Vanu outfit on Miller I could join?

Looking for one that doesn't rely so heavily on voice comms as I hate having random static/buzzing and eating noises in my ear while I play. No problem using voice for specific events, just don't want to have it on all the time just to join a squad.
  • Pompeybear 5 Jan 2013 18:19:15 454 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I think most of the outfits use voice comms in some shape or form.
  • TheRealBadabing 5 Jan 2013 18:36:02 1,347 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Yes but some might not make it a requirement just to join a squad. Already said I don't mind using it, in fact I use comms every night while doing very bad things in a magrider.

The issue for me isn't using voice comms, I am simply looking for an outfit that doesn't make it a requirement for normal play.

This is not me having a go at UBAD! Some people just prefer different things.
  • Clive_Dunn 5 Jan 2013 18:46:57 4,784 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Gayer.
  • TheRealBadabing 5 Jan 2013 18:51:44 1,347 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Clive_Dunn wrote:Awesome saron gunner.
    True dat etc.
  • Page

of 65 First / Last