Planetside 2 Page 25

• Page

of 64 First / Last

• TheRealBadabing 28 Dec 2012 19:41:45 1,329 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Be careful of your resources if you like using mines. They are damned expensive and you might find yourself a bit short at just that perfect moment for MAXing it up.
  • andytheadequate 28 Dec 2012 20:18:56 8,269 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    orpheus wrote:
    andytheadequate wrote:
    @orpheus - ah, that makes sense now. Will probably buy the at mines with the spare points. The only purchase I'm definitely glad I bought were the dual infantry guns for the max. I was useless with it until I bought them
    Oooh nice, think you're the only one in the outfit with a proper AI max at the mo. Rumours are that the TR & VS AI Max are due a buff in the new year, with a corresponding nerf for the NC one which is currently massively OP. Should come in handy! :D
    It's already pretty powerful so looking forward to that...

Is there a trick to using the AA max? I have dual AA guns but never get any kills with them...

I tend to always leave 90 resources spare in case I need a max so should be ok. I tend to play medic more than engineer too...

Edited by andytheadequate at 20:21:21 28-12-2012
  • Widge Moderator 28 Dec 2012 21:34:25 13,700 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Take distance into account if you are following something across the sky, lead your shots towards whatever it is you are shooting at and they should fly into your bullets.

I also have dual infantry guns now, the awesome pair that were recommended on here.

_ _ _

www.inverted-audio.com

• andytheadequate 28 Dec 2012 22:45:37 8,269 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Anyone playing tonight? Really hammered it the last few nights...
  • MightyMouse 28 Dec 2012 23:14:38 1,133 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    AA MAXs can 100-0 an ESF in rare circumstances, but generally you just fire at stuff that's close enough that you can actually hit it. If there's more than one AA, or they're hovering, or they do a second pass without repairing, then you can kill them.

Also, if a lib is directly above you, make sure you can easily take cover. Their belly gun will kill you before you can do much to them if they see you.
  • orpheus 29 Dec 2012 05:40:07 1,007 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Widge wrote:
    Take distance into account if you are following something across the sky, lead your shots towards whatever it is you are shooting at and they should fly into your bullets.

I also have dual infantry guns now, the awesome pair that were recommended on here.
    Yeah this ^^. Lead time is dependent on the speed of the aircraft, so it often pays when firing at mid to long range to over-lead and correct towards the aircraft until you start landing hits.

Ideally though, you want 2-3 dual bursters all working together and holding fire on ESFs until they're close enough that most of your shots will hit. Do that and they think they've got an easy run, then they find out the hard way and you'll usually get the kill. Libs & Gals, on the other hand, should generally be engaged at longer range to either force them away or, if they're dumb enough to keep coming, to ensure you get the time to land enough shots to finish them off.

EDIT: Also, well played tonight - some absolutely massive battles!

Edited by orpheus at 05:40:41 29-12-2012
  • overcorpse 29 Dec 2012 07:49:24 285 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Was reading the P2 forums and come across this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=lJzrzEudVjU#!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzPz0Eo5qa8

A bit depressing really.

Edited by overcorpse at 08:02:10 29-12-2012

Nerf paper,scissors are fine as they are. - Rock.

• Balboa 29 Dec 2012 08:52:52 442 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    What's funny is Minecraft has a server-side speed check. Didn't occur to SOE apparently.

I actually feel a little sad for aimbotters. I wonder how fragile they must feel to resort to using them. Don't think I've come across one yet, my server isn't popular enough.
  • Errol 1 Jan 2013 13:40:31 12,507 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Still having a blast on this game - on Woodman EU server.

Some of the best battles ever in the last few days. The best online shooter since BF1942 imo.
  • Carbon_Altered 1 Jan 2013 14:37:01 675 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    So I've come back to proper PC gaming (ie not including laptop) and fancy a go at this. Do I just go to their website and download? Or do I need to be careful which version to go for etc? I don't want to be in some different version of the game to everyone else!

Sorry for the nooby question
  • andytheadequate 1 Jan 2013 14:39:22 8,269 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    You can download it through steam.

Most people on here are on Woodman or Miller server, and the Vanu Sovereignty faction.
  • Carbon_Altered 1 Jan 2013 14:48:30 675 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Many thanks - didn't realise it was on Steam.
  • Pompeybear 2 Jan 2013 11:34:15 454 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Apologies to the EG Vanu Miller outfit for refusing squad requests lately , I have really only been getting 20 min bursts playing (due to a young child who demands attention and a wife who is very similar!) so really just been logging on and battering stuff.
  • Rusty_M 2 Jan 2013 11:44:41 4,774 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I need to try this. I think I've downloaded but never run it.

The world is going mad. Me? I'm doing fine.

• orpheus 2 Jan 2013 17:25:08 1,007 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    No worries Pompey, we've all had xmas stuff going on and it's expected this time of year. Quite a few of us will be coming back more frequently now things are returning to normal.

Rusty, Carbon - roll Vanu character on Miller server and add 'Saul' in game to hook up with our outfit. We run squads most nights and have been working with some of the really big outfits as well for platoon ops, has been awesome fun.
  • tonyferrino 2 Jan 2013 17:33:30 184 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'll be hopping on after the xmas/new year break as I've been able to put together a new PC and can finally run the game - I'll fire off a request at the weekend if that's OK!
  • Errol 2 Jan 2013 17:40:00 12,507 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Join Woodman EU. Excellent server.
  • andytheadequate 2 Jan 2013 18:14:18 8,269 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I plan on having a game tonight. Has double XP finished now?
  • Duffking 2 Jan 2013 18:16:48 7,362 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Errol wrote:
    Join Woodman EU. Excellent server.
    Random question, have Vanu ever taken Indar on Woodman? Never seen it myself.
  • overcorpse 2 Jan 2013 18:21:08 285 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @andytheadequate Yep all finished now.I managed to get almost everything i wanted bar LV4 nanite repair for my MAX.

Nerf paper,scissors are fine as they are. - Rock.

• orpheus 2 Jan 2013 18:28:42 1,007 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    tonyferrino wrote:
    I'll be hopping on after the xmas/new year break as I've been able to put together a new PC and can finally run the game - I'll fire off a request at the weekend if that's OK!
    Course mate. Friend requests work even if the other party is offline, but outfit invites have to be done while we're both online, so use /tell when you see me on to say 'hi, tony from EG here' etc. I sometimes miss the 'x is online' notification if there's a big fight going on. :)

Genuine question: are the few of you playing on Woodman in an outfit, or just soloing it? If you're in an outfit it makes more sense, but if you are just soloing it, telling people to go for Woodman forces new EG players to either solo or join a random outfit, as opposed to the one that was created specifically with gamers from this site (and a few other sites) in mind. Given how critical teamwork is in this game, splitting the site's playerbase in this way seems a bit pointless/cheeky tbh.

Not being arsey, just curious.
  • Carbon_Altered 2 Jan 2013 19:35:47 675 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    orpheus wrote:

Rusty, Carbon - roll Vanu character on Miller server and add 'Saul' in game to hook up with our outfit. We run squads most nights and have been working with some of the really big outfits as well for platoon ops, has been awesome fun.
    I've done the miller vanu thing and spent 20 mins getting shot while not knowing what I'm doing (not moaning - I was only really checking it worked on my new system).

Many thanks for the info on how to join up with you guys!
  • andytheadequate 2 Jan 2013 20:36:09 8,269 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Just to warn you, being shot at will happen a lot in your first few hours. Being in an organised outfit really helps though as you can just follow the man giving orders around. Everyone seems to be very helpful in voice chat if you do have questions
  • Progguitarist 2 Jan 2013 23:03:08 10,481 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Grrr...bought myself a new GFX card and while the game looks beautiful it crashes quite alot now :/
  • ResidentKnievel 2 Jan 2013 23:25:17 6,241 posts
    Seen 55 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago

[code]Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Unlike yourself, I don't have a weird obsession with any platform.[/code]

• orpheus 2 Jan 2013 23:25:31 1,007 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Prog - read/post about it on the official tech support bit of the forums, they seem quite good at responding. Also bear in mind there are a few inherent crash bugs that affect all of us to some extent.

Carbon - as Andy rightly says, that tends to be everyone's first experience, so don't worry! Joining the outfit will provide you with a very well informed knowledge base to consult, and you'll be up and running in no time. Downloading ventrilo will be a big part of this; we tend to use out of game comms far more than the in game voice. Feel free to ask any questions you like in the outfit channel too, or here, if stuff occurs to you outside the game.
  • andytheadequate 2 Jan 2013 23:26:59 8,269 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    It isn't your internet connection is it? I thought the game kept crashing but it was my connection that was rubbish. Also, if you have a wired controller plugged in it crashed the game.

Anyone online now for a game?
  • orpheus 3 Jan 2013 00:00:58 1,007 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @andytheadequate will be very shortly :)
  • Pompeybear 3 Jan 2013 09:19:13 454 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Will be on tonight for an hour or so at about 8 and will be broadcasting all the action live on twitch !
  • Widge Moderator 3 Jan 2013 09:24:48 13,700 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Haven't been on since purchasing all my new weapons. Also my big PC being in pieces in favour of building my Steambox hasn't helped.

I really need to figure out how I am going to use KB & mouse in my front room sharpish.

_ _ _

www.inverted-audio.com

• Page

of 64 First / Last