Planetside 2 Page 24

• Page

of 62 First / Last

• captbirdseye 20 Dec 2012 23:43:54 4,354 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    They plan on adding a tutorial in the new year.
  • Bleh 20 Dec 2012 23:46:43 233 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    TheRealBadabing wrote:
    Looks like the 3 x SC deal is now live, in addition to the 15% off vehicle weapons for today's special. Probably only going to coincide for a few hours so get in there if you can.
    Thanks, at least now I can't forget it tomorrow as my time is very limited. Got all the weapons for my magrider, I love that beast. Today I was secondary gunner and he had the anti tank gun mounted but I still made some nice infantry kills.
  • andytheadequate 21 Dec 2012 01:48:47 7,957 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Anyone have any suggestions for weapons to buy with my station cash?

I mainly use engineer or medic class, maxed, and tanks
  • DUFFKING 21 Dec 2012 01:56:39 6,489 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Medic AR: NS11-A is good

If you're vanu

My fave carbine is the Pulsar C. It's a little uncontrollable but once you cert the advanced grip and compensator it's unstoppable.

For you max if you want anti infantry get 2 Cosmos.
  • overcorpse 21 Dec 2012 02:16:34 239 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I bought 7500SC,so now i have all the vehicle weapons i will ever need.....I even bought the Skyguard,just in case they ever make it useful.

Nerf paper,scissors are fine as they are. - Rock.

• Progguitarist 21 Dec 2012 02:32:43 10,316 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Tonight was the first time I managed to snag a good handful of kills. Very fun game. Still not a hundred percent sure what I should be doing but definitely enjoying the experience.
  • overcorpse 21 Dec 2012 05:35:43 239 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @andytheadequate If your a tanker your best to invest in the VPC and the Saron for the Magrider or if your a Lightning person get the HE gun,night vision on the VPC and HE is also a good idea too.A second Burster and Cosmos for the MAX is also a good investment.

I bought the VX6-7 Carbine for the Engineer and it can be devastating IF you manage to land all your shots but if you miss a few it chews through ammo leaving you exposed as you reload.I hate it.

Edited by overcorpse at 05:48:17 21-12-2012

• SClaw 21 Dec 2012 08:39:17 826 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Picked up 6000. That'll keep me ticking over. I used the vehicle sale to grab a couple of new secondary turrets. The AI turrets were criminally cheap and are totally worth it.

I mostly have what I want now, so the rest I'll save for new stuff, boosters and whatever odds and ends go on sale. I think it'll last me a good while.
  • orpheus 21 Dec 2012 08:45:12 984 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    overcorpse wrote:
    @andytheadequate If your a tanker your best to invest in the VPC and the Saron for the Magrider or if your a Lightning person get the HE gun,night vision on the VPC and HE is also a good idea too.A second Burster and Cosmos for the MAX is also a good investment.

I bought the VX6-7 Carbine for the Engineer and it can be devastating IF you manage to land all your shots but if you miss a few it chews through ammo leaving you exposed as you reload.I hate it.
    Dual Burster is a must have. I got the VX6-7 as well for Engy/LA and it's damn good. Also bought the Zephyr so now have everything for the Liberator. Got plenty left but not sure what else to get!
  • Widge Moderator 21 Dec 2012 08:55:06 12,602 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Just tried to order, getting an error when I enter my postcode.

_ _ _

www.unpaused.co.uk - electronic noise adjective salad

• Widge Moderator 21 Dec 2012 08:57:33 12,602 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Oh it is because I am American. Put my ZIP in as 90210.

SC6170 now!

What to buy, what to buy?

Right Burster for MAX
    Left/Right better infantry guns for MAX
    Lightning AA gun
    Sundy turrets (an AA and grenade one)

That is all SC6000 I think. No new weapon for Engineer that way :(.

Ah well, with all those cert points I won't be spending now, I can always save.

Edited by Widge at 08:59:58 21-12-2012

_ _ _

• Gl3n Moderator 21 Dec 2012 11:52:22 5,168 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Cripes, 7500 SC Cash now.

Time for some stingy purchases!

PSN: Glendemic Xbox: Gl3n Steam: Gl3n

• andytheadequate 21 Dec 2012 12:12:11 7,957 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Are the weapons for each class separate? For example, if I buy a gun for engineers will I be able to use it for another class?
  • SClaw 21 Dec 2012 12:48:00 826 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Unlocks are locked to classes, but Light Assault and Engineer share the Carbine type so those should unlock on both (I think). Common pool guns - shotgun (apart from on Infiltrator) and pistol - unlock on everything but MAX. Otherwise no (LMG on the Engineer for example).
  • magicpanda 21 Dec 2012 13:48:30 13,008 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    What are the best infantry mowing guns for the Max?
  • overcorpse 21 Dec 2012 21:14:35 239 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @magicpanda X2 Cosmos+Engineer=Many dead people.

• Progguitarist 22 Dec 2012 09:46:47 10,316 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Thanks for the help last night people :)
  • orpheus 24 Dec 2012 21:06:58 984 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Should hopefully be on a bit later - my network adapter drivers gave up the ghost and forced a full windoze reinstall! Just my luck to miss out on a big chunk of the double-xp time!
  • Progguitarist 24 Dec 2012 23:52:16 10,316 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Extremely annoying games tonight. A bunch of clowns sat in a spawn room inside one of the enemy bases and wouldn't push out and fight the 2 guys guarding it. So frustrating.
  • andytheadequate 27 Dec 2012 10:03:51 7,957 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Really enjoyed the games last night, first time I've properly been involved in the outfit. Playing in an organised squad improves this game massively.

There was a mention of a cert guide in voice chat, anyone have a link to it?
  • orpheus 27 Dec 2012 14:59:27 984 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    andytheadequate wrote:
    Really enjoyed the games last night, first time I've properly been involved in the outfit. Playing in an organised squad improves this game massively.

There was a mention of a cert guide in voice chat, anyone have a link to it?
    Yeah was good dude, some really big battles last night. We did very well to hold off the TR zerg as long as we did, was actually quite surprised how useful it was to have that seconds squad of randoms, most of them actually listened to orders etc!

Said cert guide has yet to be written I believe, but off the top of my head as a starter:

All 1 cert upgrades. This is stuff like the first level of the medic/repair gun, basic zoom for most vehicle weapons, stuff like that. If it's only one cert, may as well.

AMS for the Sunderer @ 50 certs. This is a priority as the AMS is the mobile spawn/resupply point. Goes in the utility slot, make sure you equip it in the vehicle loadout screen before spawning the Sundie.

AT/AP mines for Engineer (100/200c). These are disgustingly powerful, though very situational. UBAD has been using them to great effect.

Smoke grenades for LA (or Underbarrel Smoke Launcher for Medic/Engi depending on weapon choice; not sure on price). Also becoming more useful, and a lot of people don't use them yet. Need to bust thru a guarded door? Use these.

Few points into the medic/repair guns to taste depending on how regularly you play the class. Recharge timer on the HA nano-shield is good to have as well.

If I can think of any more I'll update the post, and link the proper one when whoever suggested it last night writes it!
  • andytheadequate 27 Dec 2012 15:57:40 7,957 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I have most of those except the mines and smoke grenades.

Still not sure whether to bother with a new infantry gun or not. I quite like the medic starting gun but struggle with the engineer one. Is there a better one I can upgrade to, or are they very similar to one another?

Will probably get the Saron for the magrider, if that's what it's called..

There's so much to learn in this game, struggling a bit with capturing bases still even after all this time
  • orpheus 27 Dec 2012 16:13:02 984 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    The VX6-7 is an excellent close range weapon for Engi and LA, but it's 1000 certs/700SC. Saron is a must-have for the magrider.

Bases just take time, learning the layouts is tough. The larger bases are similar in layout, so might be worth running round a secure tech plant/biolab/amp station one night - find the shield generators, find the spawn control unit, find the jump pads etc. Once you know one, all the rest are similar enough to pose no problem.
  • magicpanda 27 Dec 2012 16:13:15 13,008 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Get the foward  grip for the engi gun as it improves it massively. Tight burst fire at range is essential.

Can't wait to get back into this now the family duties are out of the way.
  • Widge Moderator 27 Dec 2012 17:09:57 12,602 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I couldn't afford the saron after all my purchases so got the photon effort. Not sure what I got for my engineer though, think I got the Thanatos (?!) over the vx6-7.

Might get the dual function gun that allows a grenade launcher on it.

_ _ _

• Gl3n Moderator 28 Dec 2012 13:53:21 5,168 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    magicpanda wrote:
    Get the foward  grip for the engi gun as it improves it massively. Tight burst fire at range is essential.

Can't wait to get back into this now the family duties are out of the way.
    So this. Have to wait until the 4th till the coast is clear :-/

7500 points to splurge.

PSN: Glendemic Xbox: Gl3n Steam: Gl3n

• andytheadequate 28 Dec 2012 14:20:31 7,957 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I decided to buy the Saron, think I have about 300 points left. Anything worth buying for that amount? Is it possible to buy anti tank mines with them? I used my certs to buy proximity mines because they looked fun...

I was showing my mate Planetside 2 last night as he'd just bought a new pc. After a slow start where I showed him the basics and the UI, we had an absolutely epic fight around one of the huge tower bases and their satelite bases (forgot what they are called - a biolab I think?). We lost control of the satelites so the NC were able to keep spawning on the edge and kept using the jump pad things to try attack us. We had a welcoming comittee of around 20 people shooting them out of the air. Was a bit scary when 5 maxes appeared at once though...

In the biolab they appeared to have a spawn room we couldn't get into, with a teleporter thing in it. Seeing as though we had control of the base, why did they have that room? How do you destroy the shields?
  • orpheus 28 Dec 2012 14:57:49 984 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    andytheadequate wrote:
    I decided to buy the Saron, think I have about 300 points left. Anything worth buying for that amount? Is it possible to buy anti tank mines with them? I used my certs to buy proximity mines because they looked fun...

I was showing my mate Planetside 2 last night as he'd just bought a new pc. After a slow start where I showed him the basics and the UI, we had an absolutely epic fight around one of the huge tower bases and their satelite bases (forgot what they are called - a biolab I think?). We lost control of the satelites so the NC were able to keep spawning on the edge and kept using the jump pad things to try attack us. We had a welcoming comittee of around 20 people shooting them out of the air. Was a bit scary when 5 maxes appeared at once though...

In the biolab they appeared to have a spawn room we couldn't get into, with a teleporter thing in it. Seeing as though we had control of the base, why did they have that room? How do you destroy the shields?

AT mines are 200ish I think, so should be fine.

That room in the biolab is a route in/out leading to the satellite points around the biolab. At Allatum they're at the North and West respectively; capturing one of those outer points doesn't flip the base, just gives you another entry point. Most effective biolab victories happen when people are coming in through both teleporters and both landing pads.
  • andytheadequate 28 Dec 2012 15:05:30 7,957 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @orpheus - ah, that makes sense now. Will probably buy the at mines with the spare points. The only purchase I'm definitely glad I bought were the dual infantry guns for the max. I was useless with it until I bought them
  • orpheus 28 Dec 2012 19:19:46 984 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    andytheadequate wrote:
    @orpheus - ah, that makes sense now. Will probably buy the at mines with the spare points. The only purchase I'm definitely glad I bought were the dual infantry guns for the max. I was useless with it until I bought them
    Oooh nice, think you're the only one in the outfit with a proper AI max at the mo. Rumours are that the TR & VS AI Max are due a buff in the new year, with a corresponding nerf for the NC one which is currently massively OP. Should come in handy! :D
  • Page

of 62 First / Last