Planetside 2 Page 23

• Page

of 63 First / Last

• SClaw 18 Dec 2012 11:10:14 826 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Pop yourself some flak armour on that MAX and you're damn tough to kill from the sky too.

The lightning is still a bit weak and inaccurate, but it does put the shits up libs and gals when you get going. I recommend buying at least level one zoom on it, which hugely improves its usefulness.

I'm currently debating throwing some smedbucks down on a new turret for my sundy, which I use constantly now. The AA mount is appealling... but that AT chaingun would certainly do wanders when you spot another sundy or lightning bouncing around. Might give it a demo tonight.
  • Widge Moderator 18 Dec 2012 11:28:11 13,420 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yeah, I've put level one on all my vehicles.

There is an AA gun for the sundy now?

_ _ _

www.unpaused.co.uk - electronic noise adjective salad

• orpheus 18 Dec 2012 11:47:39 1,000 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Widge - there's a Walker anti-air for the Sundie I think, there's certainly one for the Magrider? Sundie grenade launcher is pretty fat by all accounts; two of them and the shield-breaker, pack it with MAXes and roll through shields = carnage (just hope they don't pack AT mines). :D

Everyone I know who has the Skyguard hasn't felt like it's been worth the SC so far, but for really mobile AA there's none better I suppose. It'll be more effective than a Walker no doubt.

Only thing I would say is if you're in a squad and there's no Squad or Platoon waypoint is, instead of setting your own and wandering off, ask your SL what the hell he's playing at and get fresh orders - as an SL you want all your guys reasonably close together, just makes life easier. If you're solo, go nuts :D

We're getting a bit better now at being organised, I think, certainly in the squads I've been running this week. Platoon ops with [PH] has been great fun. I'd like to get us to the point that we're comfortable doing different ops, so to that end I'd suggest trying to get comfortable with as many aspects of the game as possible - air, tanks etc. The more organised and multi-skilled we get the better - I'm going to start asking for full-air and tank squads when we have a decent amount of people on, as an example. Those who really hate flying can gun for the lib pilots, ESFs can support the libs and we can do a lot of damage. Same goes for tanks etc. We seem to do better when we're more mobile, responding to threats all over the map as a unit allows the bigger zergs to cap the territory, and we get fights from securing - win all round :p
  • andytheadequate 18 Dec 2012 11:50:00 8,111 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Thanks for the advice chaps, will take a look tonight. How much is it for a new gun for the max? I think I bought some armour for it last night, but should probably check.

Definitely getting better at killing people now though, think I've sorted my sensitivity to the right setting after a bit of playing around
  • Widge Moderator 18 Dec 2012 12:00:37 13,420 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    andytheadequate wrote:
    Thanks for the advice chaps, will take a look tonight. How much is it for a new gun for the max? I think I bought some armour for it last night, but should probably check.

Definitely getting better at killing people now though, think I've sorted my sensitivity to the right setting after a bit of playing around
    Something like 1000 cert points. It is an expensive fucker. Hence wanting triple cash weekend. That could cover my desired weapons set and kick me off good.

_ _ _

• andytheadequate 18 Dec 2012 13:12:24 8,111 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Is it this coming weekend that is triple cash? How much is 1000 space points? I don't normally like buying items in F2P games but this is rather good and I feel guilty for not paying for it.

And I'm guessing it means if you pay for 1000 space points you'll get 3000?
  • captbirdseye 18 Dec 2012 13:17:44 4,845 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Orpheus? Are you on Miller Vanu? If so can I get an invite for your Outfit please? captbirdseye06.
  • SClaw 18 Dec 2012 13:27:48 826 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    andytheadequate wrote:
    Is it this coming weekend that is triple cash? How much is 1000 space points? I don't normally like buying items in F2P games but this is rather good and I feel guilty for not paying for it.

And I'm guessing it means if you pay for 1000 space points you'll get 3000?
    1000 smedbucks is 8. So on Friday you'll get 3000 for that much. I'll probably drop that amount myself, even though I have lots left from my aplha squad. I'm pretty confident I'll be playing this game for a good long while, so I can live with that.
  • Widge Moderator 18 Dec 2012 13:30:23 13,420 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Easier than subbing. That you have to wait monthly for blobs of 500 fantasy coins.

_ _ _

• orpheus 18 Dec 2012 13:48:19 1,000 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    captbirdseye wrote:
    Orpheus? Are you on Miller Vanu? If so can I get an invite for your Outfit please? captbirdseye06.
    Yes chap. Add Saul in game if I've not sent you a friend request by tonight and I'll fix up the rest when I see you online.
  • overcorpse 18 Dec 2012 14:18:37 267 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @andytheadequate Just remember Triple SC it is only available on Friday 21st.

Nerf paper,scissors are fine as they are. - Rock.

• andytheadequate 18 Dec 2012 15:37:18 8,111 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Cheers, reckon I will get myself some. How do I buy them? Can I do it through steam, or does it have to be in game/via their website?
  • overcorpse 18 Dec 2012 15:52:12 267 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    http://www.soe.com/stationcash/

Once you sign into your account it will then give you the prices in real money,not that Dollar nonsense.

Edited by overcorpse at 15:54:49 18-12-2012

• Widge Moderator 18 Dec 2012 16:03:54 13,420 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    http://www.planetside2.com/shop

Here for englees pounds.

15 for 6000 points that would be. Enough for 6 of the most expensive weapons.

_ _ _

• captbirdseye 18 Dec 2012 16:35:27 4,845 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    orpheus wrote:
    captbirdseye wrote:
    Yes chap. Add Saul in game if I've not sent you a friend request by tonight and I'll fix up the rest when I see you online.
    Cheers buddy

/ All hail Vanu
  • Ranger_Ryu 18 Dec 2012 21:58:21 1,046 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    great fun tonight guys.
  • Progguitarist 20 Dec 2012 01:42:45 10,414 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    OK, I am ready! Is there an EG clan thingy? Invite if you please!
  • andytheadequate 20 Dec 2012 02:07:25 8,111 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Progguitarist - what did you decide on in the end? Orpheus will be able to send you an invite, Saul in game.

Just be prepared to take a kicking until you get used to it!
  • Progguitarist 20 Dec 2012 02:25:47 10,414 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @andytheadequate A friend donated a crappy GT 440 which he overclocked a bit. I'm getting a solid framerate, even with tons of stuff happening. It'll do until the new year when I buy something substantial. At the moment I can't justify shelling out.
  • overcorpse 20 Dec 2012 07:24:51 267 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Double XP from the 21st to the 2nd of Jan.

• SClaw 20 Dec 2012 08:37:09 826 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    overcorpse wrote:
    Noooooooo... I'm going to go square eyed like my mother always said!
  • andytheadequate 20 Dec 2012 11:17:12 8,111 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Good news! I only took advantage of the last double XP weekend for around an hour
  • Progguitarist 20 Dec 2012 11:22:12 10,414 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Had some great moments last night. Met up with a massive faction and we collectively steamrollered several bases. It was a good way to get a foot in the door so to speak. Managed to get a few kills and get involved with capturing etc.

Great fun.
  • DUFFKING 20 Dec 2012 12:41:13 7,186 posts
    Seen 53 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Had some fun last night too. First my outfit hopped onto Amerish where we were locked at the warpgate, 2 hours later we had the continent.

Then we popped onto Indar and ended a Biolab battle in about 5 minutes flat with a MAX crash :D
  • orpheus 20 Dec 2012 16:19:48 1,000 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    overcorpse wrote:
    Excellent news! :D

@Prog - add Saul in game and I'll sort your invites etc. Please download Ventrilo and have a mic ready etc to save time joining squads :)
  • TheRealBadabing 20 Dec 2012 22:17:18 1,296 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Looks like the 3 x SC deal is now live, in addition to the 15% off vehicle weapons for today's special. Probably only going to coincide for a few hours so get in there if you can.
  • Deleted user 20 December 2012 22:17:52
    Had a quick test of this and was completely lost :D
  • orpheus 20 Dec 2012 22:27:13 1,000 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    TheRealBadabing wrote:
    Looks like the 3 x SC deal is now live, in addition to the 15% off vehicle weapons for today's special. Probably only going to coincide for a few hours so get in there if you can.
    Shweeet.
  • andytheadequate 20 Dec 2012 22:34:56 8,111 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    CrispyXUK wrote:
    Had a quick test of this and was completely lost :D
    You'll get used to it!I've played for over 20 hours and I'm still not exactly sure how the spawning works...
  • urban 20 Dec 2012 23:42:56 10,938 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Convoluted mess is putting it lightly.

This is why GTA takes 15 hours before it teaches you all the game mechanics.
  • Page

of 63 First / Last